Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

I dreamt we made 2 signings that surprised a lot of people. I was well impressed with the first one, who i can't remember :( But the 2nd guy really surprised me - Ribery (I don't think this dream will come true!). Then we were lining up against Man Ure, and though they were still favorites, i was thinking we had a decent chnce to get something with our summer signings.

P.S. I know i'm a sad git! :winkold:

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

psst your fecking hilarious, ;)

I know. Here's a little algebra for you on a Friday's night. 400 pages and no signings. How many pages on August 31st, after a busy summer with 6 or 7 signings?

Based on the current pages to signing ratio, one signing will create a thread of infinite length.

Why is it sooooo bloody hard for Villa to be the quickest team to get their men? Why do we always seem to wait until the final lap is on? I cant bloody understand this...

I hope there is news soon about us signing SOMEONE or I go crazy! Many teams has already made good signings...like Portsmouth, Manchester U, Chelsea, Tottenham...we need to be aggressive on the transfer market and not wait for everyone else to take their share before we steps in to get the best of the rest!!! :evil:

Why is it sooooo bloody hard for Villa to be the quickest team to get their men? Why do we always seem to wait until the final lap is on? I cant bloody understand this...

I hope there is news soon about us signing SOMEONE or I go crazy! Many teams has already made good signings...like Portsmouth, Manchester U, Chelsea, Tottenham...we need to be aggressive on the transfer market and not wait for everyone else to take their share before we steps in to get the best of the rest!!! :evil:

And so it has begun.

There is a lot of time left, but this waiting and not hear anything drives me crazy. I just hope that Villa would be a starter for once and not always sit and wait...

I know I made a post a little bit over the top, but I´ve seen good players passing us by that would do good for us...

No news is good news, this regime are doing things the proper way, not like Ellis where leaks where coming out left right and centre, theres no point stressing steps are being made and things are going on behind the scenes that we dont know about, all stressing will do is make yourself ill and whats the point over something so trivial, whatever will be will be

Dude, the dust hasn't settled on this season yet.

Plus there has hardly been anything disasterous we've missed out on yet.

I mean, the people that are losing the plot because we didn't sign Sylvan bloody Distan are probably the same people who were slagging us off for not signing Boa Morte :?

I feel your frustration my friend but I really think you need to relax :)

Dude, the dust hasn't settled on this season yet.

Plus there has hardly been anything disasterous we've missed out on yet.

I mean, the people that are losing the plot because we didn't sign Sylvan bloody Distan are probably the same people who were slagging us off for not signing Boa Morte :?

I feel your frustration my friend but I really think you need to relax :)

Yeah man, take it easy dude!

I gotta admit though, the suspense is killing us all. I think we'll have at least 1 signing by the end of next week.

Would that be bearable enough?

I understand what Tricella is saying.

This is not meant in a negative way or kicking off at the board anything like that but...

Villa have never seem to do anything quickly, things always seem to be a struggle etc. Oh well...

This is not meant in a negative way or kicking off at the board anything like that but...

Villa have never seemed to do anything quickly, things always seem to be a struggle etc. Oh well...

But this time it wont be a struggle. Once the activity starts it wont stop!

I dont think anyone are discussing how bad it is that we have not done anything, just talking about Villa always seem to be slow thats all, not necessarily a negative discussion...

Villa have never seem to do anything quickly, things always seem to be a struggle etc. Oh well...

You read my intention perfectly right. Thanks!

There is no bad feeling at all about the Lerner regime, I hope they stay forever! I love Martin O´Neill and I have a feeling he can bring success for the club. I am just commenting the way it always seem to go for Villa when the transfer market has opened (yes I know..not yet). We always seem to be slow starters and I would love us to go out and show we mean business from day one. We have the artillery...we have the plan...just go out and knock ´em down! :winkold:

One big signing of true quality would make me relax until July....(just so you know :winkold: ).

Just think of how proud everyone would be and how much good publicity Villa would get if we knocked everyone of their seats with a giant signing. It would rock the foundation that the big spenders have laid down whereas every other club seem to wait until the big guns have shown their cards and after that it is happy hour for every other club. I say...lets rock that foundation...lets show the big guns that there is a new giant entering the arena! :twisted: