Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel that o`neill would not have let samuel go today if he wasnt going to bring in cover on the left maybe taylor is it and i am not being biased here but if i was taylor i would sign with villa. :D

Well Samuel wanted to leave and was out of contract so he wouldn't have stayed even if MON wanted him to so I would say this adds any weight to the rumour to be honest.

Interesting!!

Have always liked Matty Taylor, he's versatile, sweet left foot and would complement Bouma and Barry well. Young and Maloney can also play left side so we have plenty of options.

Added to that, we know MT can cut the mustard in the prem and he's most definately a step up from Jlloyd IMO.

I've lived in Pompey for years now and Matty Taylor is nothing more than an average prem performer. Kieran is right, he does work very hard but you dont get much more of a contribution. He get the odd spectacular goal but thats only a few times a season and over 40 games he aint too hot. I would be very happy with him as cover, and then obviously he'd have to get in the side on merit but if he's having 'talks' with Villa why haven't pompey confirmed a bid has being accepted.

He scored 9 goals last season.

Which is a good return, but in the games where he doesnt find the net he doesnt do anything.

exactly. i see him as a similar to riise and i don't rate riise that highly. lots of effort and a spectacular goal every so often is fine, but there needs to be more for him to be a real top level player.

don't get me wrong, he'd be a nice option as a squad player, but with bouma/barry/o'halloran as options for lb and barry/maloney/young/berger for lm, i can't see him getting that many games.

Been reading on BBC's website on there 606 section about what Pompey fans think of this , most have said why would he leave for a smaller club and that Pompey are showing more ambition than us . Are these arsholes living in a dream world or somethink , they only been in the Premiership 4 years

we're not in a position to go for Daniel Alves type signings yet. We don't want to blow 6 mill on an unproven 17 year old like Bale either so Matty Taylor is the best thing for us. Can play left back/left mid and will chip in with goals, some spectacular. At 5 mill or less he is good business

exactly. i see him as a similar to riise and i don't rate riise that highly. lots of effort and a spectacular goal every so often is fine, but there needs to be more for him to be a real top level player.

We're not in a position to get really top level players as yet. The odd one like Carew we may get lucky with but generally we're looking at player to take us to the next level. Until we get Europe it isnt really going to happen.

He is cover for Jlloyd and a left winger to boot.

Can't complain really, I think he is a decent signing, I just hope they don't fleece us on the price because he isn't even an England international.

4-5 million max.

Funny emough was in pub out with my ex red scouse BF before CL final and he was saying bah if Villa are gonna make signings like Jagielka, Bellamy and players like Taylor they ain't gonna win anything! I disagreed and said...............

"Nop MON is no fool...he knows the type of players he gets the best out of and he's got a huge amount of youthful talent bursting at the seams....personally if we get Jagielka for RB, Matty Taylor for LB and Bellamy/Defoe for a striker. and a decent GK. I won't be too dissappointed at all!"

I just hope they don't fleece us on the price because he isn't even an England international.

4-5 million max.

Interesting.

How much would people think was a fair price?

I just hope they don't fleece us on the price because he isn't even an England international.

4-5 million max.

Interesting.

i would expect us to pay 4 million 5 at a push but being young and british does seem to put up a players price tag nowadays eg ashley young.but yeah i will say 4 or 5 million if we sign him.

Its SO hard to judge these days tbh. Young cost £8m which altough i think he is brilliant, is not a fair price. Petrov cost £6.5m which is daylight robbery. Carew cost 1 Milan Baros which is the bargain of a lifetime.

I would say £5m would be fair but you just never know any more. COuld be £3m, could be £10m

We're not in a position to get really top level players as yet. The odd one like Carew we may get lucky with but generally we're looking at player to take us to the next level. Until we get Europe it isnt really going to happen.

i agree with what you're saying. maybe i didn't say it the best, but i was more meaning i don't think he is someone who can take us to the next level because he's no better than what we've got (other than his penchant for stunning goals). as i say though, he'd be okay as a squad player. just i'd be a little disappointed if he was being brought in as 1st choice, e.g. young-petrov-barry-taylor, to me would be very little enhancement on young-petrov-mccann-barry.

4 million with 5 with add-ons.

Not even had a single full England cap. Ok he is Pompey captain, but I reckon he'd come here. Pompey have reached a level and I don't think they are capable of going higher.

Seeing as people on here were talking about DAVIS in the £5m-6m mold, I'm pretty sure Taylor would fetch a little bit more than that with that thinking.

£7m would be my bet.

Seeing as people on here were talking about DAVIS in the £5m-6m mold, I'm pretty sure Taylor would fetch a little bit more than that with that thinking.

£7m would be my bet.

Davis is a full international, taylor isn't.

Well, as the Portsmouth fans probably rate him at a similar value as we would Gareth Barry (club captain, English, same age, same position, similar goalscoring record) would we be happy with a bid of £4 million from Portsmouth for Barry?

I can't see them letting him leave for much less than £10 million, much as I'd hope would be the case with Barry for us.

I'm not saying I would pay that for him, but I can't see why Portsmouth would accept some of the suggested figures on here.