Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Personally i think Bellamy has the ability to be one of the best strikers in the prem. He proved that when he was at blackburn. He just doesn't seem motivated at LIverpool and whether or not that is to do with a dislike of Benitez i don't know. What i do know is Martin O'Neill knows how to motivate Bellamy, and therefore i think he would be an awesome signing who will get us 15 goals a season.

It can be argued that Bellamy has an attitude problem but MON can tame him, the same way he tamed berger

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It can be argued that Bellamy has an attitude problem but MON can tame him, the same way he tamed berger

And the same way he already tamed Bellamy @ Celtic.

That could be true and if he did sign I would hope so.

Non the less, it would be dangerous to yet again believe that MON is the right man to do everything others can't. That MON can cure Bellamy and Rafa can't. That MON can turn Carew into everything but a nomad when Cuper, Rafa and Houllier couldn't. Proven goalscorer? Perhaps. Proven hazard for any team? Sure is!

Yeah, Roca this isn't speculation. He already knows him from Celtic. It's not an unknown quantity (although by all accounts Craig is a better golfer this time 'round :P )

Its important to remember that every transfer is a risk and sometimes you just dont know until the player is working for your club. Even Ferguson made some dud signings. I think MON is the best football manager on these islands but I expect him to make at least one dud signing.

I've a sneaking suspicion that Matt Taylor would be a good buy :roll:

Don't quite get the meaning of the rolly eyes there :confused:

I'm not doubting O'Neills ability to handle problem players but Bellamy and Berger are hardly on the same level.

Berger has never had disciplanry problems or at least not serious ones. He was sent on loan for an argument about team selection (i.e. him not being picked), not for beating a team mate with a golf club, being arrested for assault or generally being a gobby arrogant word removed.

Of course it could be that very severe disciplinary approach which is good for Bellamy, rather than the Liverpool way of glossing over things. But the Berger comparison still doesnt hold much weight imo. Plus Bellamy was only on loan at Celtic for a relatively short period of time, his problems since certainly show he wasnt 'cured'.

O'Neill may get him settled down but he'll still be an areshole!

I am so sure that we are going to get Bellamy. Anyone who thinks he is not good enough for Villa is wrong.

If you are worried about his behaviour then fair enough but do not doubt his talent.

He would fit into our team perfectly. MON loves him.

Better get used to the idea because I think he will be in a Villa shirt next season.

I'm not doubting O'Neills ability to handle problem players but Bellamy and Berger are hardly on the same level.

Berger has never had disciplanry problems or at least not serious ones. He was sent on loan for an argument about team selection (i.e. him not being picked), not for beating a team mate with a golf club, being arrested for assault or generally being a gobby arrogant word removed.

Of course it could be that very severe disciplinary approach which is good for Bellamy, rather than the Liverpool way of glossing over things. But the Berger comparison still doesnt hold much weight imo. Plus Bellamy was only on loan at Celtic for a relatively short period of time, his problems since certainly show he wasnt 'cured'.

O'Neill may get him settled down but he'll still be an areshole!

True but then again Berger situation does have similarities in that he knew due to his age he was in last chance saloon in the Villa squad and if he didn't pull his finger out he would end up keeping a Rotherham bench or such like warm next November!! Bellamy might not be too old but he knows he ain't gonna be given many more chances at top flight football so like Berger I should imagine he'd jump at the chance. IMHO if MON & Randy had taken over the reins a little earlier last summer ,Bellamy would have have headed down to B6 straight from Ewood Park without the Anfield stop on the way!

I am so sure that we are going to get Bellamy. Anyone who thinks he is not good enough for Villa is wrong.

If you are worried about his behaviour then fair enough but do not doubt his talent.

He would fit into our team perfectly. MON loves him.

Better get used to the idea because I think he will be in a Villa shirt next season.

I'm not sure people are doubting his talent so much as questioning whether it is what we need or if there are better options without the baggage or who offer something a bit different.

Bit too similar to what we have and far too much baggage for me.

I think there's younger options at better prices (not necessaarily cheaper) who offer a bit more than Bellamy. He will do well if he comes though.

I do not like Bellemy. I never have done. He is a mate of Gobby's and basically I do not think he is prolific or threatening enough.

Now if Oneill thinks he can do a job for us I am prepared to ignore my prejudices and see how he does