Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yakubu 61 goals in 141 starts plus 11 subs

not bad, just slightly worse than Defoe ...

but 'world class' ....

nah ....

that is the judgement of any player in this thread we spend big money on ....

thats according to our CEO

Has Defoe proved he's world class though?, or Bellamy?, what world class striker do you think we could attract Ian?.

The likes of Huntelaar could be attracted to us and even alves. You have to realise how much a pull our league has , and the top 4 can only have so many strikers!

My thoughts about Barton is that I think he'll behave himself. Afterall, after the thug attack at Man City he really will be in the last chance saloon and he knows it.

I agree, would be a great signing.

World class is proven on the world stage i.e internationals and in the highest club competitions.

I think a player like that is too soon for us.

not according to the CEO Jez !!!

Cyber I am not claiming Defoe is world class, nor would I want him ...

WC forwards are very rare ....

World class is proven on the world stage i.e internationals and in the highest club competitions.

Ravenelli, juniniho, Klinsmann, the game is littered with top quality players attracted to sides outside of the top echelons. All it takes is a little bit of scouting and a lot of money and hey presto!

Eh? I'm confused Ian.

Surely world class means proven on the world stage and at the top level?

I believe we can get players who can grow into the world class level, who would have thought Dwight would have reached the level he did?, or Henry when he was at Juventus?, the likes of Etto was playing at Mallorca for a while and was never labled world class and neither was Drogba when he was at guigemp (sp), imo the likes of Yakubu could grow into that level with time, he's proved that he's a consistant player year in year out, he scored goals in the uefa cup and has also scored goals for Nigeria, i'v also just remembered he scored goals in the champions league including a hattrick for that Isreal side he played for before he joined Pompy (unlike Defoe, Nugent or Bent), at only 24 he's done very well imo and no-one knows how he'd do at a club bigger than Pompy and Boro, i think he could make ths step up.

Can I just say that Fitzgerald actually said 'top class' and not 'world class' before a debate kicks off about what defines 'world class'. Top class just means good players IMO.

My thoughts about Barton is that I think he'll behave himself. Afterall, after the thug attack at Man City he really will be in the last chance saloon and he knows it.[/quot]

I thought that when he nearly got kciked out of City for stubbing a cigar in a youth players eye

My thoughts about Barton is that I think he'll behave himself. Afterall, after the thug attack at Man City he really will be in the last chance saloon and he knows it.

I thought that when he nearly got kciked out of City for stubbing a cigar in a youth players eye

And then afterwards when he started on a 14 year old Everton fan.

And then afterwards when he started on a 14 year old Everton fan.

Oh yeh, and that one

The Yak-Attack is a fat beastly lazy shit.

If he put the effort in he could dominate and maybe be world class, i wouldn't be surprised to see us sign him really, he is Hesky-ish in that he has size power and pace except that he knows how to use it unlike that donkey, a MON type player who could play with and cover for Carew.