Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liverpool tend to hold onto their decent players longer than one season. There is a good reason Carragher and Gerard are signing contract extensions, and Bellamy is being shown the door after just one season.

I honestly think the player he wants is Bellamy!

Then i think he is crazy as Bent is younger, less injuryt prone and doesn't like clobbering his team mates with a golf club.

Well, we actually have a player that knocked the same Riise unconscious that has improved his behaviour dramatically the last few years. Might as well happen with Bellamy too.

yakubu for £5-7 would be a good deal, he is a quality player and consistantly scores goals, what more do you want from a striker?

effort.

Just reading the players out thread and one thing is for sure if even half of those we suspect will be leaving do actually go we will need to spend BIG! Wonder if money is no object or if we have a transfer limit? Sorry if this has already been talked of but i cant read 336 pages to find out. This surely is going to be Aston Villas biggest ever transfer spend window.

Just reading the players out thread and one thing is for sure if even half of those we suspect will be leaving do actually go we will need to spend BIG! Wonder if money is no object or if we have a transfer limit? Sorry if this has already been talked of but i cant read 336 pages to find out. This surely is going to be Aston Villas biggest ever transfer spend window.

Depends whether we're talking about net spend or not....

One World Cup doesn't make a player? Look at Alpay, Emre etc.. I want a signing too but it needs to be the right one.

Alpay was a class defender for us! he was sacked because of his antics against England and because he was nuts. Emre is a class act but has had a lot of injury problems and played for a very poor manager who didn't use him correctly.

Alpay was far from class. At first he looked decent, then he looked TERRIBLE. B'ham away?

I like how players like Muntari become must haves purely through being mentioned on this thread, I doubt anybody has even actually seen him play club football.

He looked pretty useful for Ghana at the last world cup!

so did Garry Breen for us in 2002..he ended up at west spam and done fook all after that :winkold:

One World Cup doesn't make a player? Look at Alpay, Emre etc.. I want a signing too but it needs to be the right one.

Alpay was a class defender for us! he was sacked because of his antics against England and because he was nuts. Emre is a class act but has had a lot of injury problems and played for a very poor manager who didn't use him correctly.

Alpay was far from class. At first he looked decent, then he looked TERRIBLE. B'ham away?

Alpay was top quality.

SHA away the first time everyone was shit, what about his numerous brilliant MotM performances!?

A farce 'twas the day we had to release him. He remains as one of my favourite players still today and i still have his name on the silver away shirt of a few seasons ago!

Quality player, stick someone like that by Laursen and wed be sorted!

Call me impatient, but I want to see one signing around this time, as a statement of intent.

i hope this thread doesn't turn into the joke of a thread the january one did.

Already gone past that.

Call me impatient, but I want to see one signing around this time, as a statement of intent.

i hope this thread doesn't turn into the joke of a thread the january one did.

Already gone past that.

Quite right.

On one hand people are linking us with players like Kaka, and on the other people are saying we are not able to sign players such as Nugent and Bellamy. Both are laughable you know, this isn't FM but is sure isn't a Championship side we are talking about.

It's a joke how when someone mentions a rumour about us possibly getting Barton and Yakubu the first thing they pick on Yakubu!!, not the thug who's being questioned by the police right now for attacking his team mate!! :roll: , but i called out Yakubu as a possible target ages ago and the same incompetent views were aired, "He's lazy", but again i ask what is a striker payed to do?, score over 15 goals a season like Yakubu has done for the last three or four years or work hard and only score 8 goals a season while we continue to let game after game that we dominate slip out of our hands?. Yakubu for me would be a real gem for us, he's big and strong so if Carew is missing we could cope, he's also quick too so he could work well with big John like he does with Viduka, he's a brilliant finisher who scores goals season after season against the big boys, and he's still young enough to improve, i don't see how anyone could complain if we managed to get the Yak.

The difference is that Barton may be a thug and a scum criminal word removed. But he still can play football. £ 5 Mill isnt a shocking amount of money, even though i definatly dont want him here.

Yakubu on the other hand, well i kinda want bigger names, and i dont think he is keen on a bench position either. And is his scoring record any better then what we got?

But £ 9 Mill for him is insane. No. ****. Way.

Why do people keep saying they would be rather we sign Bent than Bellamy as though its been speculated we are buying one or the other. The reality is we have had numerous links to Bellamy and not 1 to Bent.

Bellamy is a good player who would improve our squad considerably and I'd love him at Villa. He may be a tosser but he has all the attributes of a great forward.