Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont like this....it is too quiet and the ones we are linked with doesnt impress me at all. I just hope that MON goes for quality and class and not trying to find "bargains that eventually can be good". Seems like we´ ve walked that road before...

Sunderland are interested in re-signing Villa midfielder Gavin McCann. - express

Not the most reliable of sources but I think Gav would be a great signing for a club like Sunderland.

He's just not good enough to help us get to the level we want to be at.

I dont like this....it is too quiet and the ones we are linked with doesnt impress me at all. I just hope that MON goes for quality and class and not trying to find "bargains that eventually can be good". Seems like we´ ve walked that road before...
I feel the same way, we are being linked to nobodies and not the "top class" players!

But it looks like MON is rather good at keeping his cards close to his chest, who knew we were signing Carew?

The media sure didn't.

I don't care how long time it takes or how many times we are linked in the press, but the sooner the better. I don't

want the old excuse of now having time to settle/pre-season etc being used. It just doesn't work with me

I agree, although i wouldn't read too much into it just yet, i think we should hang tight and see who comes in the door first before we start getting negative thoughts!..

But i understand peoples thoughts on it.. seeing people like Marlon King, David Nugent, Boaz Myhill (who once was ours anyway!!!) etc does not look too encouraging! But they have not been signed yet, only speculated upon.

Keep the Faith!!

Sunderland are interested in re-signing Villa midfielder Gavin McCann. - express

..They can have him.. Il drive him there myself!

He would tackle you when you picked him up.

And would miss.

And after that he wouldnt know where to go next...

I just hope that it is ok rumour and that he is off. Villa must buy a player for that position anyway and I would rather see a younger player sitting on the bench and be back up for the new guy (or Petrov) rather than having McCann adding nothing to the team (playing).

As everyone has pointed out that McCann is a good bloke, my thinking of him is entirely based on what he produces on the pitch....and that is far from enough.

I doubt he would succeed, he hardly puts a foot in to make a tackle in a match as it is!

I agree, although i wouldn't read too much into it just yet, i think we should hang tight and see who comes in the door first before we start getting negative thoughts!..

But i understand peoples thoughts on it.. seeing people like Marlon King, David Nugent, Boaz Myhill (who once was ours anyway!!!) etc does not look too encouraging! But they have not been signed yet, only speculated upon.

Keep the Faith!!

All of those players do not fit into the category that our MD menitoned. I happen to take his word for it that we will be signing top quality players, hence I am not worried about being linked to those players.

I think its a good little masterplan from MON himself, Keeping the real cards to the chest and just bluffing with mediocore names that i doubt even Gregory would have looked at!..

put it this way, MON aint gonna go shouting about ooh look i have a open cheque book and im gonna sign world class quality players of.. him and him and him.. so everyone else gets wind of it and start poking there noses in.. (press especially), whereas mentioning people you proberly wouldnt even sign on Football Manager would make more sense!

Great Mind games MON... i just hope your cards your playing come up trumps for the Villa Faithful.

A team made up of all the players on the list published by the website.

------------------------Craig Gordon---------------------------

L. Young--------Distan----------Simek-----------Antunes

Bystrov---------Snjeider------Emana------------Koumas

----------------Nugent-----------M.King---------------------

Subs:

Myhill

D. Kamara

Margairaz

Kightly

Phil Jagielka

Kallstrom

Would you be happy with this team...................

Well the rumours today are all suggesting MON was looking at 25 year old goalkeeper Craig Gordon of Hearts who will definitely cost us a minimum of £8m if we do get him. That's the league we're in now lads. Looking forward to the summer :thumb: