Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Metzelder is a player that I've heard about many times but still can't remember in which position he plays. Can anyone tell me? But still my mempry tells me he's pretty good. Might be worth a shot on a free. Still, if we get competition from Madrid to sign him I guess we're f**ked.

CB

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A german international defender available on a free? A pretty good one too, right? Let's have a try at least. Couldn't hurt. At least it would show our ambitions.

A german international defender available on a free? A pretty good one too, right? Let's have a try at least. Couldn't hurt. At least it would show our ambitions.

i think he's been injured a lot in the past, he could turn out to be a lot like laurson.

Ron toss said on his show last nignt that Distin earns 67k per week! Apparently SHA had enquired abotu him.

Thats definitely bullshit. Why are City offering him a contract of 50k then?

Ron toss said on his show last nignt that Distin earns 67k per week! Apparently SHA had enquired abotu him.

Ron Toss also talks unadulterated bullshit, makes things up and is possibly the poorest broadcaster in the area.............. after our own woodwank.

Well if that is true how can Small Heath fund wages like that when they can't even afford to sign Andy Cole?

Sounds like yet more bullshit to come from the mouth of tom ross.

jones 1238 put this on another thread...

Antunes eyes dream Aston Villa switch

Pacos de Ferreira left-back also talks of Portugal ambition

Pacos de Ferreira defender Vitorino Antunes has admitted that he would be interested in a move to the English Premiership as speculation of an imminent bid from Aston Villa begins to mount.

The left-back is almost certain to leave the Estadio da Mata Real this summer after an outstanding season. As previously reported on PortuGOAL, clubs from across Europe have been scouting the left-back in recent months, with Villa impressed with Antunes’ form and now seemingly ready to make a move.

According to the Daily Mirror, the Portugal under-21 international is now firmly on Martin O’Neill’s summer shopping list, with the Midlands outfit believed to be preparing a offer of over 1 million euros for the former Freamunde player.

Antunes, who turned 20 in April, is reported in the paper as saying: “It would be a great chance to play in England for a big club.â€

If the move does go through, the youngster would join an increasingly large contingent of Portuguese players in the Premiership, with current internationals Cristiano Ronaldo, Ricardo Carvalho and Manuel Fernandes among those already plying their trade in England.

Meanwhile, Antunes is already looking forward to this summer’s UEFA European Under-21 Championship in the Netherlands, which begins next month, and insists that the effects of a tiring season at club level will not have a bearing on the tournament.

“Nobody will talk about fatigue after a long season,†he told uefa.com. “The extra motivation of being in such an important event is enough for any player to go beyond their limits. I believe that all games will be very tight and balanced. Portugal have a strong team too and we have to be very focused, giving everything we can.â€

The promising defender also harbours ambitions of forcing his way into the senior squad before long: “I know that it is very difficult because Portugal have great players in all positions but that’s a major objective in my career, a dream that I want to turn to reality.â€

here

If this guy is a left back surely this position is well stocked with Freddie and Barry.

Right back please!

I think MON feels that Barry is wasted at full back..........

MATCH! MAGAZINE SAYS

The Villans may bid £10 million for Liverpool striker CRAIG BELLAMY and £6 million for Celtic 'keeper ARTUR BORUC! Man. United's GABRIEL HEINZE and Charlton's LUKE YOUNG are also targets!

Also, watch out for a monster bid for Sevilla striker LUIS FABIANO!

MATCH! MAGAZINE SAYS

The Villans may bid £10 million for Liverpool striker CRAIG BELLAMY and £6 million for Celtic 'keeper ARTUR BORUC! Man. United's GABRIEL HEINZE and Charlton's LUKE YOUNG are also targets!

£10mill for Bellamy?!?!

We'll get him for £6m!

MATCH! MAGAZINE SAYS

Nice. Are they usually reliable?

MATCH! MAGAZINE SAYS

Nice. Are they usually reliable?

Sometimes, they said about Ashley Young coming to us

Craig Bellamy surely isn't worth 10M, his value has gone down since he somewhat flopped over at Liverpool scoring only 7 goals.

I hope that this rumor is just a "MON+Celtic+lazy journos" thing, he can't be our first pick.

I still think Paulo Ferreira could do a job for us at right back. I know a lot of fans feel he isn't good enough but how can a player who has just played in a FA Cup final and a Champions league semi final be that bad??? The same fans who say he is crap seem to hope we buy Luke Young! shocking IMO.

He would be our best defender and best back every to play for Villa

A midfielder is their prefered right back at the moment and I can see why crap again today, hopefully he goes to Spain as I'd rather JLS as a rightback.

I still think Paulo Ferreira could do a job for us at right back. I know a lot of fans feel he isn't good enough but how can a player who has just played in a FA Cup final and a Champions league semi final be that bad??? The same fans who say he is crap seem to hope we buy Luke Young! shocking IMO.

Just because you play in a big game it doesn't make you a good player, Zenden played in the champs league semi & he's pretty shite IMO. Plus if Carvalho was fit then Essien would have been at RB.