Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Antunes welcomes Aston Villa interest

tribalfooball.com - May 18, 2007

Pacos Ferreira defender Vitorino Antunes has welcomed the interest of Aston Villa.

"It would be a great chance to play in England for a big club," said the 20 year-old, who is also being followed by Auxerre.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=39947

It's good to see the young man talk about us like that, i hope he comes in and puts pressure on Fred, and with him apparently being a free kick expert we could be getting a star for the future!!.

Who does Fred play for and what position?Can't say I've heard of him unless he is the brazilian Fred who used to lay for Melbourne Victory.Signing someone like Antunes would be great or the club.We need cover for the leftback position as Samuel's leaving and Antunes can be Bouma's understudy.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who does Fred play for and what position?Can't say I've heard of him unless he is the brazilian Fred who used to lay for Melbourne Victory.Signing someone like Antunes would be great or the club.We need cover for the leftback position as Samuel's leaving and Antunes can be Bouma's understudy.

So do you reckon we could be seeing bouma at some point as a centre back next season?

Besides, I would have thought that right back was a higher priority.

Antunes welcomes Aston Villa interest

tribalfooball.com - May 18, 2007

Pacos Ferreira defender Vitorino Antunes has welcomed the interest of Aston Villa.

"It would be a great chance to play in England for a big club," said the 20 year-old, who is also being followed by Auxerre.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=39947

It's good to see the young man talk about us like that, i hope he comes in and puts pressure on Fred, and with him apparently being a free kick expert we could be getting a star for the future!!.

I think that the 'Fred' that Sid is referring to has the surname Bouma and plays at left-back for us.

I'd love to have him. He would give us something different up front to Gabby and Luke and even Carew to a lesser extent.

Agreed

And that is my 100th post (undwhelmed silence)

I think up front, if we do go in for someone (and I am not convinced necessarily that we need to) we need purely and simply a 100% finisher, a nasty ba$tard goal poacher to feed of the tricks and speed of ash and gabby, or the knock downs of big john.

After 288 pages of speculation about dozens of possible targets, shouldn't we reconsider Richard Fitzgeralds comment about "Top Class Signings."

What did he mean, and how would you define top class in terms of Champions league aspirations, which was the context in which the comment was made.

I think two or three big name signings- real prestige and intent signalling signings under MON would put us in the top 5 in 2 years.

Yes I do.

But would you rather have 5 £10M signings or 10 £5M signings?

Id rather have 3 £10m and 4 £5m. But even then I look at newcastle and just hope we dontturn into them. Dont worry I dont think we will, but look at the top class (champions league) player that have gone up there.

Owen

Luque

Martins

Duff

Emre

Parker

And they're still shit. :winkold:

Yes I do.

But would you rather have 5 £10M signings or 10 £5M signings?

Id rather have 3 £10m and 4 £5m. But even then I look at newcastle and just hope we dontturn into them. Dont worry I dont think we will, but look at the top class (champions league) player that have gone up there.

Owen

Luque

Martins

Duff

Emre

Parker

And they're still shit. :winkold:

Have you noticed that 4 of them are midgets and the other two believe that football should be a non contact sport!

5 £10M

Agreed. Think we can benefit more from 5 players in the £10m class than 10 players not mcuh better than the first teamers we already have.