Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

I don't know how to break the news to CyberVillain.....

Muntari on the Move

Sulley Ali Muntari’s representative has insisted that the Udinese ace will join Premiership side Portsmouth this summer.

The Ghanaian international has been associated with a host of clubs, but he seems to be England-bound.

“Udinese have already wrapped up the deal with the English side and my client will go there,†stated Stefano Antonelli.

“There are only a few details to tie up between the player and Portsmouth. We will meet up soon and there will be no problems.â€

The combative midfielder, sent off three times in 26 League games this term, was initially paired with Pompey last summer but no move occurred.

Roma and Fiorentina were also very keen on Muntari, but look to have missed out on the highly-rated youngster.

Muntari, who was also linked with a transfer to Manchester United in the past, has three Serie A goals so far this term.

No financial details of the alleged move have been revealed, but Udinese are thought to have wanted at least £6m for the African.

It's not over till it's over!!, your best mate Milner was at bodymore heath last summer and still never signed!!, to your despair of course!! :crylaugh: , and it's not gone anywhere near that far yet, besides i'm more into the idea of Nasri or Fernandes now anyway!!.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Viduka is actually quite a good shout, on a free. He is a quality forward, and would do a job as a squad player. Many of you have said that you want Moore and Gabby in the first team. Signing Viduka would allow that, but would be a qulity back-up. Yet, personally I feel that we would be better with Bent or Nugent, or even Defoe. One thing is for sure. We do need another forward, and a proven goalscorer at that. If we signed Viduka then I would be happy in a way, but also slightly disappointed. Either way, O'Neill knows what he is doing, and for now I trust any decision he makes, until he makes a bad one! Let's just hope that doesn't happen.

Muntari to Pompy, will be a great signing for them.

Not sure whether I'm gutted about it or not, this time last year I most probably would have been but I believe in MON, Lerner and Fitzgerald to get us signings as good, if not better than Muntari.

As for Viduka - no surprise to me that he has started banging them in when he wants a move - last big pay day. Before this season, what has he been doing with himself?!?!

We sign him, it would be a waste of money, he's lazy, and just wants one last pay day.

Nah. Doesn't give us anything we don't already have.

In the last three years, only Henry has scored more league goals than Yakubu.

Who else gives us that then?

Aaron Hughes?

Incidentally, Frank Lampard and Wayne Rooney have both scored more league goals in the last three seasons than Yakubu. There may well be more, but they were the only two I bothered checking.

All I'm saying is that the role of 'striker who wanders around the pitch looking a bit lazy only to always pop up with a goal when you'd forgotten he was playing' is already being taken up in our squad by Luke Moore, and unless he goes then we don't need Yakubu.

If he does go however, then we can think about him.

Any news on a right back linked to us apart from Young. This is by far the most important area that needs a replacement. Apart from Delaney, who is the last decent right back we have had the club? Nelson? Charles maybe?

quite a problem area.

Incidentally, Frank Lampard and Wayne Rooney have both scored more league goals in the last three seasons than Yakubu. There may well be more, but they were the only two I bothered checking.

Yea, I think the Yakubu stat was true up until about 6 months ago, then Drogba and Rooney hit purple patches.

Think the top 5 scorers in The Prem in the last 3 seasons are Henry, Lampard, Rooney, Drogba, Yakubu....

Not bad company, especially when you consider he plays in the most lacklustre Boro side ever and still scores goals.

Not bad company, especially when you consider he plays in the most lacklustre Boro side ever and still scores goals.

But then Viduka plays in the same side, and scores more. And is free. And is a type of player who we don't already have.

And in my opinion would be a much better player for Luke and Gabby to learn their trade from.

Still, it's all opinions isn't it...

Muntari on the Move

Sulley Ali Muntari’s representative has insisted that the Udinese ace will join Premiership side Portsmouth this summer.

The Ghanaian international has been associated with a host of clubs, but he seems to be England-bound.

“Udinese have already wrapped up the deal with the English side and my client will go there,†stated Stefano Antonelli.

“There are only a few details to tie up between the player and Portsmouth. We will meet up soon and there will be no problems.â€

The combative midfielder, sent off three times in 26 League games this term, was initially paired with Pompey last summer but no move occurred.

Roma and Fiorentina were also very keen on Muntari, but look to have missed out on the highly-rated youngster.

Muntari, who was also linked with a transfer to Manchester United in the past, has three Serie A goals so far this term.

No financial details of the alleged move have been revealed, but Udinese are thought to have wanted at least £6m for the African.

It's not over till it's over!!, your best mate Milner was at bodymore heath last summer and still never signed!!, to your despair of course!! :crylaugh: , and it's not gone anywhere near that far yet, besides i'm more into the idea of Nasri or Fernandes now anyway!!.

Ah bless. Yes, funny how it's disappointing when we don't sign one of the best young players in the prem and Barcodes player of the season.

Viduka would be a good signing on a free as long he didn't expect a first team start and understand would be a squad player fighting for a place. If he was happy with that it would be great business. But i doubt he would be.

Viduka would be a good signing on a free as long he didn't expect a first team start and understand would be a squad player fighting for a place.

I would hope that every player on our books feels like that.

Viduka would be a good signing on a free as long he didn't expect a first team start and understand would be a squad player fighting for a place.

I would hope that every player on our books feels like that.

I suppose thats when it gets difficult with the type of player we trying to attract. They all wanna play week in week out.

But then Viduka plays in the same side, and scores more. And is free. And is a type of player who we don't already have.

And in my opinion would be a much better player for Luke and Gabby to learn their trade from.

Still, it's all opinions isn't it...

But then, Viduka doesn't actually score more than Yakubu.

And is 7 years older.

And is as lazy as Yakubu, if not even lazier.

I'd have both... :)

Muntari on the Move

Ah bless. Yes, funny how it's disappointing when we don't sign one of the best young players in the prem and Barcodes player of the season.

I think the :crylaugh: is ust an alternative to the :roll:.

To me fair some of the points that are made inbetween the emoticons aint all bad, it's just the patronising nonsense that gets most peoples goats.

Anyway - I am still gutted we didn't sign Milner, but it's funny how things work out, I mean, maybe Ashley Young will turn out to be the better player.

As for Viduka/Yakubu... I think Viduka could represent decent business on a free. As for Yakubu... I dunno, he comes across as too lazy to me. Decent scoring record though.

Tell ya something, my first choice of Darren Bent would be ideal, but after that I really am torn over striker options! Maybe it will be someone not so obvious that aint in the Prem. I know that might not fit in with the traditional MO'N purchasing strategy, but then he aint ever had the resources he has now.