Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Here is my humble feed with fresh numbers:

Drogba - 2946 minutes - 20 goals (0,611)

Henry - 1474 - 10 goals (0,610)

Viduka - 2084 - 14 goals (0,605)

Keane - 1659 - 11 goals (0,6)

Ronaldo - 2783 - 17 goals (0,55)

McCarthy - 3050 - 18 goals (0,53)

Doyle - 2469 - 13 goals (0,474)

Defoe - 1935 - 10 goals (0,465)

Saha - 1630 - 8 goals (0,442)

Rooney - 2923 - 14 goals (0,431)

D. Bent - 2863 - 13 goals (0,41)

Berbatov - 2715 - 12 goals (0,40)

Martins - 2863 - 11 goals (0,346)

Gilberto - 2933 - 10 goals (0,3)

Lampard - 3244 - 11 goals (0,3)

Taylor - 2686 - 8 goals (0,27)

Agbonlahor - 3325 - 9 goals (0,244)

Sorry for the inconvenience!

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading the statistics from a AVFC perspective I find a couple of interesting points:

1. Our defenders have scored 2 goals this season, which is totally unacceptable. Everton have 7 and Pompey have 13.

2. Our backs have way too few assists, Bouma and Bardsley have 1 each

3. Delaney is the only player who hasn't figured at all this season

4. Our attackers don't score much, 17 in all. Wigan have 18, West Ham 26, Everton 20, Watford 15 (we should crush them!), Sheff Utd 20.

5. We have 1 red card this season, Barry, which is a good stat all in all. 3-4 could ruin many games

6. McCann have 9 yellows, Mellberg 8. Petrov only 4, maybe he can toughen up a little?

7. Sørensen have 71 saves, that is 17th best in the league (which is pretty poor), but 12 clean sheets (which is tied 4th with 4 others)

8. We haven't saved any penalties this season, Sørensen have let in 24 goals (0,84 per game), Taylor 9 (1,91 per game!). Damn

I don't know how to break the news to CyberVillain.....

Muntari on the Move

Sulley Ali Muntari’s representative has insisted that the Udinese ace will join Premiership side Portsmouth this summer.

The Ghanaian international has been associated with a host of clubs, but he seems to be England-bound.

“Udinese have already wrapped up the deal with the English side and my client will go there,†stated Stefano Antonelli.

“There are only a few details to tie up between the player and Portsmouth. We will meet up soon and there will be no problems.â€

The combative midfielder, sent off three times in 26 League games this term, was initially paired with Pompey last summer but no move occurred.

Roma and Fiorentina were also very keen on Muntari, but look to have missed out on the highly-rated youngster.

Muntari, who was also linked with a transfer to Manchester United in the past, has three Serie A goals so far this term.

No financial details of the alleged move have been revealed, but Udinese are thought to have wanted at least £6m for the African.

Viduka is well to old for what were looking for. I also really hope Bellamy is not the forward we buy to,we have a really good team spirt which the boys have shown in the second part of the season. For me Bent,Ashton,Nugent ( if cheap) ,or de foe

Viduka is 31 years old (two years younger than Patrick Berger)

Doesn't rely on pace.

Offers us something that we don't have at the moment.

Free transfer.

14 league goals, despite being out injured for two months.

Why the hell wouldn't we want to sign him?

Viduka is 31 years old (two years younger than Patrick Berger)

Doesn't rely on pace.

Offers us something that we don't have at the moment.

Free transfer.

14 league goals, despite being out injured for two months.

Why the hell wouldn't we want to sign him?

Agreed. He'd be perfect cover for Carew, especially if Sutton retires as expected. And Martin's worked with him before of course. Cue the groans...

I really think Mark Viduka still has a couple of years producing 15 goals per season. He would be a good back up for Carew, but he would also be a very good partner to Carew. I see Viduka as a different type of player and he would do great for us.