Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the same Muntari whom i thought was pretty shit for Ghana in the WC :?

Id much prefer Sidwell

Yeah, scoring against Baros and co and dominating for large period's against Italy is crap!!, Sidwell better than Muntari? :crylaugh:

We'd be very lucky to get Muntari and i hope our link with him is true.

So how many times have you seen Muntari play to give you the impression he is the dogs bollocks??

people want us to sign the likes of Bellamy who's gonna be 28 soon and is a proven trouble maker who's record is nowhere near Yaks, i find that notion very strange

Bellamy is a much better all-round footballer. His goal/game ratio is actualy pretty decent, but he's struggled with injuries down the years that make it seem worse than it is. He's creative, hard working and he's a double hard barstard to boot. 28 is hardly ancient.

Yakubu is a goalscorer yes. Nothing more nothing less. I have a feeling the 'extras' Bellamy brings would lead to more goals for the team than if we had the Yak.

people want us to sign the likes of Bellamy who's gonna be 28 soon and is a proven trouble maker who's record is nowhere near Yaks, i find that notion very strange

Bellamy is a much better all-round footballer. His goal/game ratio is actualy pretty decent, but he's struggled with injuries down the years that make it seem worse than it is. He's creative, hard working and he's a double hard barstard to boot. 28 is hardly ancient.

Yakubu is a goalscorer yes. Nothing more nothing less. I have a feeling the 'extras' Bellamy brings would lead to more goals for the team than if we had the Yak.

Goals win you games though, it's good to have creative players yes but he's hardly a Zola is he?, and you can create all the chances in the world but if you don't stick it in the net it's useless, just ask the Arsenal fans,

Now the subject of Muntari, i've already said i've seen the lad play many times both internationally and for his club, i don't give a **** who believes me or not to be honest, all i'm saying is he'd be woth every penny if we signed him and as we've been linked with him recently i have high hopes.

Goals win you games though, it's good to have creative players yes but he's hardly a Zola is he?, and you can create all the chances in the world but if you don't stick it in the net it's useless, just ask the Arsenal fans,

Which is why I said.....

I have a feeling the 'extras' Bellamy brings would lead to more goals for the team than if we had the Yak.

Which is why I said.....

I have a feeling the 'extras' Bellamy brings would lead to more goals for the team than if we had the Yak.

which is why i said....

Goals win you games though, it's good to have creative players yes but he's hardly a Zola is he?,

he's pure pace, he's not in the mold of a Bergkamp who drops deep and creates chances, or even like Keane, he's just like Gabby and what's the point of Gabby missing out to Bellamy?, Gabby does have four assists after all and nine goals.

So how many times have you seen Muntari play to give you the impression he is the dogs bollocks??

Sometimes you don't need to see too many games of a player to figure he's class. Can't speak for Cyber, but I saw Muntari 3 times in last years WC, and my view based on those 3 games is that he truly is a great player. Don't know which games you refer to in the WC when you call him shit, but it can't have been Ghana's. Suppose he was average against Italy, but truly fantastic vs Czech and also very good against Brazil in a game they dominated the midfield and deserved to win.

I think people should be careful when they rate players they have seen 5 times or less. I did see Muntari in the WC, he played well in two games and was rather uninterested in the third. Was he the guy that scored that goal and made the odd celebration with his face all twisted? Yeah I am pretty certain it was him.

I have never seen him play other than those three games, but he looked wonderful. You should never really speak of a player unless you have a genuine idea of how

he is. Sure, I did see Cristiano Ronaldo make his debut against Bolton and I knew he was going to be remarkable. BUT, I have also seen great, great talents and players

turn out to be rather average. Look at Robinho, I was 100% certain he was going to be awesome. He is very good, but he hasn't blossomed at all like I believed he was going to. It's the same with Karel Porborsky and Bosko Balaban. They had great reputation but both failed in the Premiership, even though both looked great before they got here.

Muntari looks good, he was good in the WC, but if you haven't seen more than those games you should probably ease off with the superlatives.

Also;

Isn't the first bid of transfers not to buy players because of one big tournament?

I think people should be careful when they rate players they have seen 5 times or less. I did see Muntari in the WC, he played well in two games and was rather uninterested in the third. Was he the guy that scored that goal and made the odd celebration with his face all twisted? Yeah I am pretty certain it was him.

I have never seen him play other than those three games, but he looked wonderful. You should never really speak of a player unless you have a genuine idea of how

he is. Sure, I did see Cristiano Ronaldo make his debut against Bolton and I knew he was going to be remarkable. BUT, I have also seen great, great talents and players

turn out to be rather average. Look at Robinho, I was 100% certain he was going to be awesome. He is very good, but he hasn't blossomed at all like I believed he was going to. It's the same with Karel Porborsky and Bosko Balaban. They had great reputation but both failed in the Premiership, even though both looked great before they got here.

Muntari looks good, he was good in the WC, but if you haven't seen more than those games you should probably ease off with the superlatives.

Also;

Isn't the first bid of transfers not to buy players because of one big tournament?

Many true words, Rocafella, but I don't think I'm overdoing the superlatives. I'm saying he's a great player (surely as he's playing regulary in Serie A and that he had a great WC with a couple of good matches, one of which was excellent.

Whether he'll make it in the PL is a whole other story.

And yes, this is the face you're talking about :D

2eqgcac.jpg

Also;

Speaking of which, I remember I wanted Villa to sign Daniel Amokachi after the 1994 World Cup in the US, where he had a fantastic tournament. Didn't happen as he went to Everton. A couple of weeks later I found out that Villa in fact had been offered him by his agent and I was furious that we hadn't signed him.

Didn't work out for him all that well at Everton although he was troubled with injuries, so I guess I didn't matter much in the end.

Jonathan Woodgate would probably be the best stopper we could get our hands on, easy as that.

English, rock solid and bags of experience. Prone to injuries of course, but has played many games

this season. 25 x 90 minutes to be perfectly accurate, I don't think he will ever have the fitness

of Frank Lampard who seems to play every minute of every game, but what harm does a physical

test cause? If he is OK, then sign him up. If not, then toss him away.

GK: Artur Boruc 5/6

DC: Jon Woodgate 5/6

ST: Darren Bent 5/6

That is a trio we should try to sign as soon as the window opens