Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Given that we 'only' have £20million to spend

Source, have I missed something?

Was mentioned somewhere a few pages ago.

I would say we have more than this to be honest.

The way MON has been talking would suggest this.

It's going to be a big summer.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the problem kiddysi

People seem to think we will go out and spend chelsea millions, we wont!

MON will identify who he wants and how much he wants to spend on them Randy will go and try and get, go over MON's price we wont get them.

Were not just gonna sign 5, 10mill players imo.

I'm not thinking Chelsea millions, but the fact that we went out and signed Young for £9m without any real hassell, and Petrov for £6.5m would suggest that Randy will back MON in the region of those sums.

I can see FIVE £7m players coming in, evaluating at £35m - which to Chelsea is a player and a half ;-)

Pure specualtion. Nobody knows how much money we will spend, maybe not even Randy.

I'm confident we won't do a Chelsea, but that will probably be Martins choice rather than the chairmans. I believe the General when he says Randy will back O'Neill all the way.

Van Der Vaart will like to move to Spain or England and we must try to sign him.

Hmmm, if we signed him I'd eat my own head. It's nice to dream, but I don't think that's realistic.

Carew was shock enough, Van Der Vaart is on a whole other level.

Woodgate and Bellamy are exactly the type of players I expect us to be going for. Footballers with world class potential with some kind of baggage that makes them available to us.

I'd be delighted with the pair of them. I realise they'd split the fans slightly, but for me it's always what they do on the pitch that counts and I trust O'Neill and our alegedly tight nit dressing room to keep their personalities in check.

i agree and i'd be delighted with both of them

especially woodgate, i still can't believe that we have john carew so woodgate coming who is a top top defender would be amazing

and boruc i'm expecting him to join

remember it was MON who originally tried to sign him for celtic, but he then left and strachan took over the deal, and since then boruc has only improved so i'm sure o'neill rates him highly

and with a 6.25m release clause i can't see why MON wouldn't go for him. A goalkeeper might not be a priority but when one the standard of boruc is available then we must go for him

Van Der Vaart will like to move to Spain or England and we must try to sign him.

Hmmm, if we signed him I'd eat my own head. It's nice to dream, but I don't think that's realistic.

Everyone said that when he was at Ajax yet Hamburg got him for 6m euro's.

Hardly out of our league.

In "The People" today Tom Hopkinson writes that Bellamy is to snub Villa & Celtic to join Mark Hughes at Blackburn.

I just can't see him coming to us, it seems to me a bit like David Speedie and Robbie Keane players who were often linked with us but who never put pen to paper.

I also don't really like the idea of Liverpool making a profit on the player and our recent record of strikers signed from Liverpool (Stan & Milan) suggests that Bellamy would have to buck the trend to come off in a Villa shirt anyway.

I also think Boro have to be in the box seat for Woodgate given that he has an affinity for the area and unless a top 4 side come in for him. Although if it was a straight choice between us and Boro, I think it would only be money or being born there that would make anyone choose them.

I think both players are at the clubs they want to be at. Bellamy would prefer to stay where he is and Woodgate would I think stay where he is unless a club that he thought of as a massive club came in to take him away (as yet, we are not quite a Real Madrid or one of the big 4). Of the two Woodgate would be the one for me. I think his signing would be the signing of another big hitter as Carew was, but I think Martin will have his work cut out to lure him to B6.

I think Bellamy would be idal for Villa. Apart from Hendrie, who else in our team shows real passion on their sleeve on the pitch? (Ok Hendrie isnt the best, but thee is no questioning his passion on the field)

We need someone who gets annoyed when they miss a shot, gets other playwers fired up. We havent had that kind of playeror a long time here, and with MON working with Bellamy, he seemed to get his career back on track at Celtic, and I think could make him class player at the Villa

Is this the same Muntari whom i thought was pretty shit for Ghana in the WC :?

Id much prefer Sidwell

Pretty shit!!!Did you watch the match against Rosicky,Nedved and company?And he was brilliant against Brazil too.Sidwell is good player but Muntari could be our Essien.

Everyone said that when he was at Ajax yet Hamburg got him for 6m euro's.

Hardly out of our league.

Hmmm, maybe. I think the price is irrelevant, I also think that at the present time Hamburg are a bigger club than we are with two champions league campaigns in recent memory. But you might be right.

Lol this is ridiculous, you're judging his whole season and the way he plays on the evidence of one game at the ground of the league leaders? :roll: , the FACTS say he's scored SIXTEEN goals this season for a poor side, this myth about "work rate" is irrelevant, what's he payed to do exactly?, chase down defenders or SCORE GOALS?.

Both, to be fair.

No because he can get away with just scoring goals because that's what he's there for, he couldn't get away with just chasing down defenders and not scoring, at the end of the day we want a striker who can score goals right?, and Yakubu scores goals right?, so i don't know what an earth people are complaining about.

Lol this is ridiculous, you're judging his whole season and the way he plays on the evidence of one game at the ground of the league leaders? :roll: , the FACTS say he's scored SIXTEEN goals this season for a poor side, this myth about "work rate" is irrelevant, what's he payed to do exactly?, chase down defenders or SCORE GOALS?.

Both, to be fair.

No because he can get away with just scoring goals because that's what he's there for, he couldn't get away with just chasing down defenders and not scoring, at the end of the day we want a striker who can score goals right?, and Yakubu scores goals right?, so i don't know what an earth people are complaining about.

Yakubu may score goals but look where boro are, maybe cos he's lazy and doesnt contribute much elsewhere beside goals is why the rest of the team is carrying him. Look at Rooney or Kuyt or even Drogba to an extent, and others, they track back and defend and help their team out. Just a thought, i may be wrong mind, and boro are just pants.

I kind of agree, but I'd much prefer a player that at least has the potential to do both (i.e. Gabby).

I agree that Hamburg are bigger at the minute, but this exactly what we need to project, that we want Champions league players for champions league places. Bouma got to the CL semi the year we bought him. I agree entirely that certain players are above our attraction, but these are the likes of Adriano and Villa. But the smaller champions league clubs like the german/dutch/french/portugese clubs can be cherry picked. Don't ask don't get!

I kind of agree, but I'd much prefer a player that at least has the potential to do both (i.e. Gabby).

agree entirely, this is the first time in ten years that we can demand both. That is what will raise our bar

Is this the same Muntari whom i thought was pretty shit for Ghana in the WC :?

Id much prefer Sidwell

Yeah, scoring against Baros and co and dominating for large period's against Italy is crap!!, Sidwell better than Muntari? :crylaugh:

We'd be very lucky to get Muntari and i hope our link with him is true.

Both, to be fair.

Yakubu may score goals but look where boro are, maybe cos he's lazy and doesnt contribute much elsewhere beside goals is why the rest of the team is carrying him. Look at Rooney or Kuyt or even Drogba to an extent, and others, they track back and defend and help their team out. Just a thought, i may be wrong mind, and boro are just pants.

You're not making sense, Boro carrying Yakubu?, are you serious? :roll:, he's scored SIXTEEN i'll repeat SIXTEEN goals for them how does that constitute them carrying him?, they'd be relegated if it wasn't for him i'm sure, a strikers job is to score goals, Yak does that with ease every season and is on course to beat Shearer's record if he plays the same amount of premiership games as him (according to wiki), people want us to sign the likes of Bellamy who's gonna be 28 soon and is a proven trouble maker who's record is nowhere near Yaks, i find that notion very strange,