Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

boruc is better than gordon

i hear he has a release clause of 6 million

i reckon we could get him for 4 million plus sorenson

hes a big game player as well, look on you tube at the matches against ac milan and man u, he singlehandedly got them out of the group stages

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't sen Boruc play AFAIK but if he's as good as you lot say on here then I definitely agree we should go for him if we can get him. I mean, would anyone not want Etoo just because Gabby is getting good atm?

Etto is one thing, Bent is another, wasn't the likes of Etto, Henry, Van niestleroy ect all up and coming young players at one stage?, Gabby has scored 9 goals already so it's clear the potential is there, for me he could easily reach the 15 goal mark next season with more quality around him and he deserves another chance, if we get a real class forward in the summer then fair enough i certainly won't complain but imo Gabby has the potential to be better than the likes of Bent and Bellamy.

I have never seen Craig Gordon play so I can't judge him at all. I do however feel that Boruc has a slightly bigger name to him, does that count for anything?

He is Polish, Gordon is Scottish so I guess that goes for the latter's favor. Just because of the "foreign-discussion"....... I don't know (and care)

I want Boruc, he is just so incredibly fast. Look how he reacts to Saha's penalty. That is something we have never seen at VP!

I have never seen Craig Gordon play so I can't judge him at all. I do however feel that Boruc has a slightly bigger name to him, does that count for anything?

He is Polish, Gordon is Scottish so I guess that goes for the latter's favor. Just because of the "foreign-discussion"....... I don't know (and care)

I want Boruc, he is just so incredibly fast. Look how he reacts to Saha's penalty. That is something we have never seen at VP!

Bozzie used to be quality at pens and James was v. useful too.

Bent and Carew would not work together - would both be going for the same ball - 2 big men together don't work - can you name any two big men combinations who have worked? Normally big man / small man combinations are most successful

Yes, you are right but Bosnich was just 185cm and that is too short for a GK who is not world-class IMO. I think Boruc is 194cm or something, that is 9cm of pure heaven. Just look at Barthez, some of the saves he made look marvelous would have been easy for Cech.

But would Boruc give the team what Bosnich did? Nazi salutes, pole-axing Germans, cocaine usage, strippers and jail before marriage? When the keepers up to those sorts of jinks, who gives a toss how he performs between the posts?

Bent and Carew would not work together - would both be going for the same ball - 2 big men together don't work - can you name any two big men combinations who have worked? Normally big man / small man combinations are most successful

I'd say the Sutton/ Shearer combination was pretty successful and they were both big men... but I get your point :winkold:

Craig Gordon is rated more than Boruc , and from what I hve seen of the two Gordon is the better keeper, he has a shite defence infront of him at Hearts but he still looks class.

Out of the two we should definately go for Craig Gordon.

i rate gordan higher than boruc...

hes younger too...

Goalkeeper is the one position where I'm not sure that is a positive thing. Experience is far more important, and I'm fairly sure that most goalkeepers would say they are at their peak in their early 30s.

Boruc is 27, so theoretically has ten years left at the top, and we'd be getting him just as he hits his best.

Still, who knows. Unless something amazing happens, I'm happy with Sorensen for the moment.

What's wrong with Tommy?

He's hardly made a mistake all year. Definitely won us more points than he's lost us. I'd rate him as one of the best in the league. Not as good as Cech, van der Sar or Reina but not many are.

Anyway, I'd imagine Gordon would choose Arse over us so if they're after him we can forget about it.

Boruc is good but I wouldn't rate him higher than Tommy.

We're Villa, not Celtic. Enough already

I dont think it matters where they come from as long as MON feels they can do the job for Villa.

Kind've true, but it really limits our ambition if MON can only sign players he knows really well.

We're Villa, not Celtic. Enough already

I dont think it matters where they come from as long as MON feels they can do the job for Villa.

Kind've true, but it really limits out ambition if MON can only sign players he knows really well.

Yeah thats one thing that we need to improve upon and thats the scouting

Both Boruc and Gordon are excellent keepers and would probably be upgrades on Sorensen. Not a high priority area but if we were in a good position to sign either (particularly Boruc) we should take that chance.