Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

In my very humble opinion the only players that I would say would be regular first teamers if we were to move on to the 'next level' are

Sorensen

Bouma

Barry

Carew

We have a lot of 'squad players' already and many with 'potential' but if the moaners want a hasty move to 'the next level' they are going to have to accept that their favourite players are on the way out..... Mellberg, JPA, McCann to name just 4.

Ther usual way of assessing the quality is how many would get into Man Utd, Chelsea, Arse, Liverpool starting 11's?

I think you should add Cahill to that list (he is going to be a premiership regular and future England star) and Petrov who will come good. And would we pay £9.5m for Ashley Young not to be a regular first teamer?

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mirror (!) today has reported we've had a £7m bid for Bellamy turned down by liverpool.... obviously strikers are a priority for MON, looks like JPA and possibly Moore will be out this summer

Well thats probably bull**** but still, I think at least one striker will be arriving at VP in the summer. I hope it is Angel and Sutton that are leaving, I think it would be a huge mistake to sell Luke Moore before we've given him a proper chance.

Don't let Luke go! He's quality I tells ya.

Re: RM

Don't think Milner's good enough, AY's got more potential and can play there. Depending on how much cash we have, still think SWP is worth a punt. I know everyone thinks he's sh*t because he's not doing it at Chelsea but he was top class at Manc. I reckon he'd relish playing at a smaller club where he'd be the centre of attention again.

Don't think Milner's good enough, AY's got more potential and can play there. Depending on how much cash we have, still think SWP is worth a punt. I know everyone thinks he's sh*t because he's not doing it at Chelsea but he was top class at Manc. I reckon he'd relish playing at a smaller club where he'd be the centre of attention again.

Milner is a better player than SWP at the moment. Plus, one is on the way up, one is on the way down.

Why is everyone so upset of the thought of Luke Moore going when ever i have saw him play he has never looked interested, the only exception being his hat trick against Villaboro.

Luke Moores statistics

2003-Present Aston Villa 66 appearances 11 goals

wikipedia

hmm not very good for a striker, if we are to move on to the next level, we need to be replacing players like him. But he is young and he may develop into a good striker, but imo we need proven premiership goalscorers to propel us into the top 6

Milner is a better player than SWP at the moment. Plus, one is on the way up, one is on the way down.

Fair point, but at their best who would you rather?

SWP is on the way down because his gaffer doesn't rate/like him. I think he could do the business for us.

Its irrelevant 66 appearances, 11 goals not good enough imo

Bwwhahahaha :lol:

What do you mean its irrelevant, all 66 appearances could have been 1 min sub appearances. You expect him to score then?

:crylaugh:

What do you mean its irrelevant, all 66 appearances could have been 1 min sub appearances. You expect him to score then?

But players of the quality required to move us to the next level should be automatic first choice picks for a team in 15th place.

But they wheren't 1 min sub appearances where they

But players of the quality required to move us to the next level should be automatic first choice picks for a team in 15th place.

What even one's that have been our for a significant amount of time with a serious injury?

Fair point, but at their best who would you rather?

SWP is on the way down because his gaffer doesn't rate/like him. I think he could do the business for us.

I would rather have Milner.

He's on his way down because his games revolves around his pace. He's going to be 26 this year, and he's only going to get slower and more predictable.

I'd say he has one or two years left in him at this level before he starts slipping. Whereas I believe Milner will be England's first choice right-winger in 2 years time.

What even one's that have been our for a significant amount of time with a serious injury?

That's a very valid point I must admit. It seems though that Luke should have been eased into action by now if he had a genuine future under this manager. I for one am disappointed that he hasn't been given a chance for what its worth.

I think the only reason he was played by O'Neill at the start if the season is because we had no-one else, he has never rated Luke imo and when he bought Young it was to replace Moore.

Martin O'Neill is building his own team and the team he is going to build will propel us into european football for years to come.

He has to clear out the dead wood and the players that arent good enough and Luke Moore falls into that category.

... I believe Milner will be England's first choice right-winger in 2 years time.

To do that he'll have to displace Lennon first ... not an easy task.

Seriously? Ok he's got pace, but no final ball. In the two recent England matches he had poor distribution and woeful crosses. Even on Sunday he looked good running at defenders, but never had a telling pass/shot at the end. Milner does have this although not quite the pace.

I'd have Milner over Lennon anyday.

... I believe Milner will be England's first choice right-winger in 2 years time.

To do that he'll have to displace Lennon first ... not an easy task.

And if we'd been having this conversation a year ago we'd have been told that he'll have to displace Beckham and then Wright-Phillips first...not an easy task.

A lot of things change very quickly in football.