Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would Tevez go to Aston Villa? Seriously, give me one arguement.

He went to West Ham, but that was part of the politics when this Joorchabrian wanted to buy them.

Depends which other clubs are after him. If we're lucky top clubs won't go for him this summer.

hes stated his love for the premiership quite recently

and i can't really imagine the top 4 going for him yet, maybe they will

but i could see the only way him joining us is as a stepping stone for bigger things

Think people are a bit harsh on McShane.

Watched him for ROI a few times now and he looks (although different position)

a Shaun Teale.

No nonsense, gets stuck in, isn't afraid to put his head where it hurts and no one runs through him easily.

Don't know exactly how old he is but if he is under 23 - I'd have him !!!

he is Paul and I agree, I watched the blooz game b4 Liverpool and he was dynamic.

ginger haired though ....

I would want ideally

Distin

Nolan

sidwell

Milner

Ashton (if fully fit), if not Doyle

Foster (brilliant tonight !!)

I would want ideally

Distin

Nolan

sidwell

Milner

Ashton (if fully fit), if not Doyle

Foster (brilliant tonight !!)

That's a good list. Btw Milner started on the bench today. Surely he must be pissed and wants away :winkold:

James Milner has shown this season that he is a bit-part player and I don't really think he is all that.

We need better players than him as we have Ash Young already in the exact same mould.

Distin? Sure, better than what we got. Not good enough probably, for the highest level.

Kevin Nolan? Sure he can be a good player

Sidwell? Not proven

Ashton? Sure, but we have Carew in the same role

Foster? Never gonna happen except a loan

James Milner has shown this season that he is a bit-part player and I don't really think he is all that.

We need better players than him as we have Ash Young already in the exact same mould.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, Rocafella, but who would you like to see on Villa's right next season? Young or a newcomer?

I've had a long think about the players we could go after. This is now the list of players I think we should be looking at, and could posibly get. Not necessarily get them all, but take a look at the following:

1) Robbie Keane

2) Florent Malouda

3) Danny Murphy

4) Danny Gabbidon

5) James Milner

I think that each of these players are possible for us to get, although Malouda may be a push. Yet, Carew and having a manager like O'Neill (plus the club itself) may be able to persuade him. Who knows? The rest should be possible to get with things the way they are. I would like to see better quality players, but I think we need to be in the Champions League before even thinking about that. Murphy might seem like a waste of time to some people, but he could be that creative midfielder we need for a season or two. Then once we get into the Europe, we can consider bringing in someone different (if need be). Gabbidon may also not seem like a great buy, but he is solid. He can play first team or act as back-up to Mellberg, Laursen and Cahill. Keane and Milner need no explanation. They are both top quality, and are likely targets. Although I do feel that even at the present time we could get a better right midfielder than Milner (such as Malouda are someone else).

Guest VillaFan1

To be honest you can forget those players given our current status as most of those players are currently playing in europe.

The chances of players leaving their current european clubs for a lower than mid table side are extremely unlikely.

I heard we got linked with Mcshane from Westbrom ? yeah pure world class their ! :evil:

Just because players aren't playing for inter milan doesn't mean that they are not worth going for.

Remember where we got David Platt , Dwight Yorke and co. from

You can name on one hadn the amount of players that have gone from (in this country for eg.) one of the big 3 (don't count chelses as they have only been there for two years) to having a better career elsewhere.

Don't knock the likes of McShane just coz he hasn't played PL footie yet....

As someone said above, Robbie Keane ??? , don't know about now but if we had bought him from Wolves when we had the chance look where we may have been !!!

(and Joleon Lescott for that matter !!!)

We don't want any more prima donnas - had enough of those over the years

I watched the Newcastle-Man City game yesterday and I was really impressed with Distin, the club who gets him on free this summer will do a real coup. I hope it´s Aston Villa.

id love to have got distin. looking back it now would of perhaps been better to spend the 6m on distin then baros

Some would argue that Baros's few goals kept us up last season ;)