Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

if we sign boruc it will be either 6 million (due to release clause) or 4 million plus sorensen

i think its a definate that if we sign a new number 1 sorensen will leave, hes too good to be a mid table number 2

obviously i don't think this will happen for various reasons contrasting from MON not wanting them and the players moving to differing clubs.

but a dream summer would be

distin £0

sidwell £0

saviola £0

boruc 4 million

glen johnson or luke young 4 million

geremi 4 million

manuel fernandes 12 million

sneijder 10 million

corradi 750k need a cheap target man back up

and out hendrie and jlloyd on free's

davis 2 million

hughes 1 million *if delaney gets fit*

gardner and osbourne loans

ridgewell loan

angel 1.5 million

dj dj 500k

sutton release unless hes happy to play just now and then same with berger

----------------------- boruc

johnson ------laursen ----- distin ----- barry

-----------------------fernandes

----------------petrov ------- sneijder

young ------------------------------------ moore

------------------------ carew

subs: taylor, mellberg, sidwell, geremi, saviola

rest of squad delaney, cahill, bouma, mccann, maloney, gabby, corradi

spent 34.75mill sold 5 mill

then next season 1 attacking winger and 1 striker

you can tell i'm bored but just a bit of fun eh? :winkold:

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if we sign boruc it will be either 6 million (due to release clause) or 4 million plus sorensen

i think its a definate that if we sign a new number 1 sorensen will leave, hes too good to be a mid table number 2

obviously i don't think this will happen for various reasons contrasting from MON not wanting them and the players moving to differing clubs.

but a dream summer would be

distin £0

sidwell £0

saviola £0

boruc 4 million

glen johnson or luke young 4 million

geremi 4 million

manuel fernandes 12 million

sneijder 10 million

corradi 750k need a cheap target man back up

and out hendrie and jlloyd on free's

davis 2 million

hughes 1 million *if delaney gets fit*

gardner and osbourne loans

ridgewell loan

angel 1.5 million

dj dj 500k

sutton release unless hes happy to play just now and then same with berger

----------------------- boruc

johnson ------laursen ----- distin ----- barry

-----------------------fernandes

----------------petrov ------- sneijder

young ------------------------------------ moore

------------------------ carew

subs: taylor, mellberg, sidwell, geremi, saviola

rest of squad delaney, cahill, bouma, mccann, maloney, gabby, corradi

spent 34.75mill sold 5 mill

then next season 1 attacking winger and 1 striker

you can tell i'm bored but just a bit of fun eh? :winkold:

That is quite a good side sam but one on earth would you want that shower playing for us! :D :winkold:

why do people keep puttingg Laursen in the team???Quality for certain....but i think he has been fit less than the amount of times he has actually played in a thread on the villatalk forum...he is never a certainty....

It's just a bit of fun.

it doesn't really matter does it?

hes our best centre back so he starts, if he gets injured mellberg will come in then he will have to fight for his place back in the team

imagine being at villa park watching that team 8) pounditupdated.gif

corradi? i dunno he must be better than angel and sutton

and i couldn't afford anyone else :lol:

Put Sidwell in our side now and he would just be as shit as everyone else. He looks awesome at the moment because of how the whole team is playing, Gavin McCann would look awesome if you dropped him in the Reading team at this moment.

Not as good as everyone makes out.

I disagree Jez_Villa but then football is about opinions.

I believe that Sidwell is the lynch pin of their team They certainly did not look as good when he was injured recently. A bit like Everton without Cahill.

Put Sidwell in our side now and he would just be as shit as everyone else. He looks awesome at the moment because of how the whole team is playing, Gavin McCann would look awesome if you dropped him in the Reading team at this moment.

Gingerist ?

Gingerist ?

:lol: Yup!

they may prove to be the case, but IMO he would be a good signing

hes shown more than enough times in the championship that he was ready for the step up, and this season hes proved he can handle it in the premiership

we have 5 centre midfielders and hes better than 4 of them atleast, and on current from better than all of them

so considering he would be a free signing, then hes definatly worth it

if we are aiming for europe then yes

we want europe next season so we need 4 quality centre midfielders

osbourne has shown promise but he seriously needs to be loaned out, as does gardner who has yet to show me anything to say actually he might be able to do it at this level

davis hasn't shown enough to say he would be able to be part of a team who are going for europe

at the moment our midfield is slow and lacks any energy, thats one of many things that sidwell brings, he would become a very good link between the defence and attack also and bring that extra quality.

hes better than reo coker who we would probably have to pay 3 - 5 million for, and he wouldn't bring the attitude reocoker has either

hes also stated he has the ambition to play for england and in europe, so he's hungry as well.

if not sidwell i don't who we should be aiming for, we are not good enough to be going for world class players, sneijders more of a dream signing than anything really, as you've said yourself sidwell is definatly better than our first choice centre midfielder so surely he is a good enough signing

if we are aiming for europe then yes

we want europe next season so we need 4 quality centre midfielders

osbourne has shown promise but he seriously needs to be loaned out, as does gardner who has yet to show me anything to say actually he might be able to do it at this level

davis hasn't shown enough to say he would be able to be part of a team who are going for europe

at the moment our midfield is slow and lacks any energy, thats one of many things that sidwell brings, he would become a very good link between the defence and attack also and bring that extra quality.

hes better than reo coker who we would probably have to pay 3 - 5 million for, and he wouldn't bring the attitude reocoker has either

hes also stated he has the ambition to play for england and in europe, so he's hungry as well.

if not sidwell i don't who we should be aiming for, we are not good enough to be going for world class players, sneijders more of a dream signing than anything really, as you've said yourself sidwell is definatly better than our first choice centre midfielder so surely he is a good enough signing

I don't agree at all that Sidwell is better than Reo-coker, Reo-coker was miles better than him judging from last years form and that was also his first season in the premiership like it's Sidwell's now, imo Sidwell is not the sort of player we need if we are to move forward, players like Yaya Toure, Muntari or Mounkon are the type of players we need in the holding role, players who are both physical and creative, i've had enough of us signing average players like Sidwell.

Sidwell is the kind of player that might as well turn out to be mostly average next season, after his glorious season ends, he has a new pre-season and everything starts up again in August. You never know. Has he shown me enough to take a chance on him? I really don't know. I can actually see a Tim Cahill in him, an important player for his team. They suffer very much without him. The player like him last season was Jimmy Bullard, who has had his season wrecked by an injury.

You never know, but he is not guaranteed to be better than McCann or such players next season. One season is never enough to judgeIMO, his ability hasn't been that good. (And on top of that he is daaaaaamn, freakishly ugly!) Remember, if it weren't for his deuce against us he would have scored only 2 goals this season so he is in fact not like Cahill as much as I thought. I believed he had scored like 8 or 9, but 4 is probably a bit to weak for my liking.

Arsenal want Sidwell back and they are a bigger club than us.

He has done very well this year, playing box to box and scoring goals.

That is one thing we haven't done.

As for setting expectations higher, come on, who will we realistically get?

Arsenal are not in for Sidwell. Even if they were he would be no more than back up to what theye already have. He has also scored 4 goals in 32 appearances this season. Hardly a goal scoring midfielder is he?

A good player, yes, but not as good as some people make out. I think we should be setting our sights higher though!

That is imagination on the highest level! McCann would make ANY team struggle...WHY do you think Villa is in the situation as it is now and has been almost since he arrived at the club? Too many people trust too much in McCann...

He is not alone in being, at best, a mediocre player...but he has a position that is crucial for any team to make success and progress. Villa need to get a better player in this place or we´ll never compete for Europe.

Sidwell and Sneijder is quality....just look at Sidwell and you´ll see that he is an upcoming player whereas McCann has had his best time...a few seasons ago.

ANY player that can hold the ball, break up play and pass the ball to the right address on more than one occasion during a game is better than McCann. As I´ve said before...it is there for everyone to see...McCann loses position...he tries to gain it back again by tackling...he sometimes succeed...but most often after he succeed with a tackle he gives the ball right back to opposition because his huge lack of passing skills and when he gives the ball away our defence is even more vulnerable than they were the first time around when McCann was nowhere near his position. This is why we struggle in the midfield...because McCann GIVES IT UP every game!!!

One of the reasons why Villa looks so poor is that Villa doesnt have the players to forfill MON´s tactics and gameplay desires.

Quaresma has such a high skill that it would be the robbery of a century if he went to Villa. That would really show ambition...crazy high ambition! And I would love it!

The point is Tricella that Sidwell has had one season where he has arguably done very well. Reo Coker was flavour of the month this time last season. The fact is Sidwell needs to show me alot more to make me believe that he is a player of the quality suggested. Better than McCann, he probably is, but I want someone much better than him and I am not convinced that Sidwell is that player.