Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Sam 100.

Cisse is a good player, don't get me wrong, just not sure he's good enough to propel us up the league. He never set the Prem on fire when he was at Liverpool, playing with arguably better players. He has pace to burn but was never convincing. First touch wasn't much better than Baros' and whilst I agree that he is probably better than we have got he is not the answer imo.

He also has a bit of laziness about him. Something that can't be levelled at Defoe/Bellamy who have both shown that when playing are more than capable of scoring goals in the Prem.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam 100.

Cisse is a good player, don't get me wrong, just not sure he's good enough to propel us up the league. He never set the Prem on fire when he was at Liverpool, playing with arguably better players. He has pace to burn but was never convincing. First touch wasn't much better than Baros' and whilst I agree that he is probably better than we have got he is not the answer imo.

He also has a bit of laziness about him. Something that can't be levelled at Defoe/Bellamy who have both shown that when playing are more than capable of scoring goals in the Prem.

i do mostly agree with you but yuo can't really argue with his record

according to soccerbase he scored 70 in 111 starts for auxerre in which isn't the strongest league but its hardly an easy league like scotland for example

and for someone who played alot of his football for liverpool on the right wing, 19 goals for liverpool last season is a good return

No thanks on Cisse.

He's powerful, but suffers from the odd problem for a striker in that to me, it seems like he can't actually shoot. He can't place a ball in the back of the net, or chooses not too. He just tries to hit it straight and hard.

agreed

we need someone whose going to be clinical infront of goal to play upfront with big john

is 70 goals in 111 starts

and 19 goals last season playing mostly on the wing not clinical then?

its more than clinical enough for a mid table team, and we wouldn't have to break the bank for him either

Sam100, he's an option I suppose but still think we can do better.

He's not the 20 goal a season man we crave, we will have to agree to disagree on this one. At the end of the day I wouldn't be too upset if he became a Villan.

Nice Avatar by the way!

I think Cisse is a great shout, he suffered at Liverpool from being played out of position. He was blatantly a Houllier signing, who Benitez just didnt really fancy. He is very quick, and while his finishing could do with some work, that is the market we are in at the moment. we cant go out and but henry or et'o, just yet!!!

Saviola on a free could be an option but where to play him. He's not the elusive 20 goal a season man we are allegedly after, he's not a target man and he's not a winger. Could play him up top with Carew but would he get any more goals than JPA, Moore or Gabby?

Yes, yes he would. But I doubt we'll go back there.......

I may be missing something, but I just don't think Bent is that good, or why everyone seems to rave about him. One good season, fair enough, but I think paying 15 million for him would be crazy. Just don't think he's that good

agreed crossman and i think we have alot of forward options

we need to strengthen the rest of the squad first

stop conceeding goals then we can start thinging about scoring a few

what do you think of anthony vanden borre at right back?