Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rite ok, thanks for your sensible reply...

hahahah

ok, being serious now............ playmakers, noone really stands out apart from the obvious players that wont ever be attracted to villa.......... so youd have to say realistically look at players like Koumas or even abroad for some lesser known players

rite ok, thanks for your sensible reply...

hahahah

ok, being serious now............ playmakers, noone really stands out apart from the obvious players that wont ever be attracted to villa.......... so youd have to say realistically look at players like Koumas or even abroad for some lesser known players

Why wont they. If you take that attitude we might as well not bother. We have top people in charge now, we have a big name manager, we have a great stadium and large crowds. Why are so many Villa fans so timid when it comes to signings. I'm one of the "older generation " of Villa fans, but even in our darkest days I don't recall such negative thinking amongst the fans about transfer targets. We should compete for the best if we want to become the best, simple as.

change of subject for a moment, most ppl on here have said we need an attacking centre mid, a playmaker, but who?

not many realistic sensible names have been thrown into the hat, so i was wondering who?

Pablo Aimar.

I wish.......

Aston Villa are eyeing Manchester United goalkeeper Ben Foster.

The Birmingham Mail says there are doubts inside Villa over Thomas Sorensen's ability to dominate his penalty area and manager Martin O'Neill is eyeing alternatives.

Villa already have United teammate Phil Bardsley on-loan this season and boss Martin O'Neill has been impressed by Foster's form at Watford. A similar deal at Villa Park could be setup for the England cap in the summer.

Clicky

Would be quality but tribal football aren't exactly reliable.

I agree with Reo-Coker being a good signing - he has many of the characteristics that we desire in the middle of the park. The only question mark for me is his attitude, based on this season at the Spammers. Last season he looked very good.

I agree with Reo-Coker being a good signing - he has many of the characteristics that we desire in the middle of the park. The only question mark for me is his attitude, based on this season at the Spammers. Last season he looked very good.

Think thats really down the whole team being crap this season to be honest. MON should be able to get a lot out of him

From BBC rumours.. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/6469365.stm

Aston Villa will pay whatever it takes to sign Nigel Reo-Coker from West Ham at the end of the season. (Daily Mirror)

[\quote]

I reckon he would be a quality signing

Yes a good signing. Mon has strengthened the forward line and I expect him to concentrate on the midfield and defence now.

Possibly, although I do think we need to give our new signings time to settle in, they have hardly got mud on their boots and they are coming in for stick, amazing! :roll:

Tell me about it.

The fact that we have constantly been linked with players like Bellamy, Defoe, Keane, Bent etc... suggests to me that we are definitely in the market for another striker. Given that JPA and Sutton will be out come the summer, we could do with one. Nugent would be a good shout though.

Possibly, although I do think we need to give our new signings time to settle in, they have hardly got mud on their boots and they are coming in for stick, amazing! :roll:

Tell me about it.

The fact that we have constantly been linked with players like Bellamy, Defoe, Keane, Bent etc... suggests to me that we are definitely in the market for another striker. Given that JPA and Sutton will be out come the summer, we could do with one. Nugent would be a good shout though.

yeah, wouldnt say no to nugent and I am a big fan of giving lower division players a chance, but I feel to push us on we need five or six players of the calibre and age bracket of John Carew. Some proven international players all over the pitch to really get us competing. Weve enought potential there now, I think we need some class on the pitch.

Personally, Id go for a player like Nicky Hunt at right back, solid performer and good defender, then id break the bank for a topclass centreback, maybe someone like Gabriel Heinze, then a top class box-to-box midfielder like Scott Parker, a Wide Right Player like Shaun Wright-Phillips and a striker in the mould of Jermaine Defoe.

the team would be:

Gk: Sorensen

Dr: Hunt

Dl: Bouma

Dc: Mellberg

Dc: Heinze

Rm: SWP

Ml: Barry

MC: Parker

MC: Petrov

Str: Carew

Str: Defoe

Subs: Maloney, Taylor, Young, McCann, Cahill etc...........

i think isnt too far off unrealistic

Nicky Hunt has lost it, absolute rubbish the Bolton fans would be happy to drive him to villa park. Not good enough for the Villa

serious, ive seen about 5 or 6 bolton games this season and hes played really well - oh well ill take the bolton fans word for it.............. micah richards then?

I wouldn't want Hunt either. I doubt Parker will leave Newcastle either but Defoe and SWP are likely targets. Whilst Heinze is a top player, I can't see him staying in England if he leaves Man United. I would be happy with Distin on a free though as a centre back signing.