Maloney-------------------------------------SWP-------

-----------------------CAREW------------------------------

Subs/possible starters:

R.Keane

A.Ferdinand

L.Moore

A.young

Mccann

Barry is not a left-back; hence the reason Glen Little had him on toast against Reading! Furthermore, I'd rather have Moore playing Left side than SWP, and Koumas is not good enough!

Ferdinand and Keane are also rubbish in my opinion. Sidwell, however looks a good player.

Or we could just scratch that list of yours and sign Hargreaves! :shock:

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah ok Robbie Keane is a load of rubbish, whatever you say. Would rather have Defoe mind.

He's very inconsistent, often drifting in and out of games, and he's not getting any younger; Keane's seen better days!

Luke Moore is better!

we need strog defensive midfielders and I would settle for both Nolan and Barton ...

Two of Barton, Nolan and Sidwell would do me, especially the latter all 3 are better passers than McCann and could work well in a 3 with Petrov and bringing the best out of him or even Davis.

Eidur Gudjohnsen......... fantastic signing, strong link player, very clever, experienced and already been very successful in the prem. Perhaps a little old but since his game doesn't rely on pace he could go on for a good few years. I would be very pleased if he signed...... A welcome addition to a somewhat, Carew excepted, lightweight forward line.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him in the squad. But what does he offer that the combination of Carew and Young don't? We need a natural instinctive finisher IMO, a 'goalhanger' if you like.

Yakubu would be my choice, if at all possible. Probably not......

He gives the squad depth and quality and affords the manager very decent alternative attacking tactics, he's also been more than effective in midfield.

These players are all going to be relegated ;

Dean Ashton

Paul Konchesky

Nigel Reo Coker

Yossi Benayoun

Luke Young

Darren Bent

I'll take the lot.

All good players apart from Konchesky who has looked crap every time I've seen him play - J Lloyd is a better player than him! Unfortunately, Bent apart , I do not think any of the others can take us up a level. I think MON needs to look at non UK based teams for a top class midfielder.

Villa team after summer:

----------------------Green--------------------------

Bardsley-----Cahill-----Mellberg------Barry---------

---------Sidwell-----Petrov-------Koumas-------

Maloney-------------------------------------SWP-------

-----------------------CAREW------------------------------

Subs/possible starters:

R.Keane

A.Ferdinand

L.Moore

A.young

Mccann

I like your sense of humour - Green in goal :lol:

He's looked very poor in most games this season - positional sense poor, very rarely catches a ball - always seems to 'parry' normally resulting in a goal. Used to look reasonable for Norwich but has gone backwards since his move to the 'ammers and his recent injury. No better than Tommy who has had a pretty good season so far. Also SWP is past it - 2 years of hardly playing! Young will be as good as he was. Ferdinand is no better than what we have already and Koumas is too much of a luxury. Bouma has to remain at left back - he has lots more in his locker! I think that the jury is still out on Petrov and Maloney. And finally we need to play 4-4-2 with two wide men or 4-3-3. DEFINITELY NOT 4-5-1!!

p.s. where's Gabby and Juan?

I agree Blittle, Sidwell scores a few goals against us and suddenly "he's the next Vieira" or something, he wouldn't take us to the next level imo and is just living off a "good first season" ala Reo-cocker (even though he's clearly class), Davis, Ricketts ect, I think the likes of Yaya Toure, Appiah, Muntari and Mokaon are the way to go in the defensive midfield department, they are light years ahead of Barton, Sidwell and Nolan imo, as for strikers i hope Mon considers Tevez, the man is clearly a class act and at the right club i think he could be the next Zola.

We need a spine, a central defensive leader and a defensive midfielder to protect the defence. All these dream teams on here with 4 international forwards on the bench are BS. Build from the back and stop conceding shite goals PRIORITY.

I agree Blittle, Sidwell scores a few goals against us and suddenly "he's the next Vieira" or something, he wouldn't take us to the next level imo and is just living off a "good first season" ala Reo-cocker (even though he's clearly class), Davis, Ricketts ect, I think the likes of Yaya Toure, Appiah, Muntari and Mokaon are the way to go in the defensive midfield department, they are light years ahead of Barton, Sidwell and Nolan imo, as for strikers i hope Mon considers Tevez, the man is clearly a class act and at the right club i think he could be the next Zola.

Dont you think what you said is a contradiction in terms. Sidwell has been a consitantly good perfomer for Reading a top 8 side all season and no one has said he is the next Viera, just a very very good player, amuch better alternative to Mccann. You then go on to say Tevez a man who has struggled this season and scored only one goal for a team destined to be relegated and you call him the next Zola! I have no doubt that Tevez is a good player and will become a class act, although im not sure if that will necessarily be in England.

As for suggestions for transfer targets i would love to see Ya Ya Toure, Eidur Gudjohnsen..etc but im not sure they can be considered realistic targets just yet!!

To compete against the best, to be level with at least Tottenham, and to be much better than Everton, Blackburn and Newcastle we need:

GK (Perhaps a new one for Sørensen, who never really seems to hit that top level over time. Sørensen is a 4 out of 6, we need a 5)

LB (We have Wilfred Bouma as DL, I rate him as a 3+ perhaps a 4 if injury-free. We need a quicker one with a more modern approach)

RB (When Bardsley goes back to United, we are left with Hughes whom I rate as a solid 2. Bardsley is a 3+ right now, but he is a talent)

DEFS (Mellberg is a 4, Ridge and Cahill are 3+ as of right now. Laursen a 3+ due to injuries. We need a guy with great skill and age 26-29. More experience!)

LM (Barry is one of our best players, I rate him at 4+ and he is a keeper without a doubt. We lack cover though!)

RM (Young is our RM in my opinion, right now he is a 3+, perhaps a 4, a true talent and a 'keeper)

CM (McCann is a solid 3, perhaps 3+. Not good enough and one of the most obvious places we need to replace. Petrov must be given more time, never slate that early)

ST (Carew is a 4, maybe 4+ and MON's biggest signing. Moore is a 4 IMO, Gabby a 3+ with bags of talent. Angel a 3+ from next season and Sutton a 2+)

So after my short assessment I think we at least need a striker, a left back, a right back (Bardsley leaves, but we can always buy him back), a central defender and maybe a goalkeeper if MON thinks Sørensen isn't good enough.

GK - not so important

DL - I think we need one

DR - extremely important as Bardsley leaves (as of now...)

CM - very important, we need the cleaner like someone mentioned

ST - We can't rely on Moore to score 20+ yet, he can improve under a better poacher.

We need to strengthen our 'spine'. New keeper (Sorensen just isn't commanding enough for me. Decent shot stopper but terrible from set pieces), a big hairy centre back and a dominant central midfielder. None of them will be cheap though, because all the best teams need the same.

Actually alot of people on here have been after Sidwell for the middle of the park from at least the start of this season, he looks a lot closer to Vieira than Tevez looks to Zola at the minute.

To compete against the best, to be level with at least Tottenham, and to be much better than Everton, Blackburn and Newcastle we need:

GK (Perhaps a new one for Sørensen, who never really seems to hit that top level over time. Sørensen is a 4 out of 6, we need a 5)

LB (We have Wilfred Bouma as DL, I rate him as a 3+ perhaps a 4 if injury-free. We need a quicker one with a more modern approach)

RB (When Bardsley goes back to United, we are left with Hughes whom I rate as a solid 2. Bardsley is a 3+ right now, but he is a talent)

DEFS (Mellberg is a 4, Ridge and Cahill are 3+ as of right now. Laursen a 3+ due to injuries. We need a guy with great skill and age 26-29. More experience!)

LM (Barry is one of our best players, I rate him at 4+ and he is a keeper without a doubt. We lack cover though!)

RM (Young is our RM in my opinion, right now he is a 3+, perhaps a 4, a true talent and a 'keeper)

CM (McCann is a solid 3, perhaps 3+. Not good enough and one of the most obvious places we need to replace. Petrov must be given more time, never slate that early)

ST (Carew is a 4, maybe 4+ and MON's biggest signing. Moore is a 4 IMO, Gabby a 3+ with bags of talent. Angel a 3+ from next season and Sutton a 2+)

So after my short assessment I think we at least need a striker, a left back, a right back (Bardsley leaves, but we can always buy him back), a central defender and maybe a goalkeeper if MON thinks Sørensen isn't good enough.

GK - not so important

DL - I think we need one

DR - extremely important as Bardsley leaves (as of now...)

CM - very important, we need the cleaner like someone mentioned

ST - We can't rely on Moore to score 20+ yet, he can improve under a better poacher.

For me this is a completely pointless excercise............ I think there will be 10+ signings in the summer all of great quality - the side next year will be unrecognisable to this.

Dont you think what you said is a contradiction in terms. Sidwell has been a consitantly good perfomer for Reading a top 8 side all season and no one has said he is the next Viera, just a very very good player, amuch better alternative to Mccann. You then go on to say Tevez a man who has struggled this season and scored only one goal for a team destined to be relegated and you call him the next Zola! I have no doubt that Tevez is a good player and will become a class act, although im not sure if that will necessarily be in England.

As for suggestions for transfer targets i would love to see Ya Ya Toure, Eidur Gudjohnsen..etc but im not sure they can be considered realistic targets just yet!!

Erm i think the fact that Tevez is proven at international level and is a big name in the game has something to do with it :roll: , it's not a "contradiction" at all, and if you wanna talk about "top 8 side" Wigan were in the top 8 for ages last season and got the League cup final so should we sign Lee Mccoulgh now?, if you knew anything about Yaya Toure you'd know he's desperate to play in the same league as his brother (the premiership) and his team Monaco haven't done very well this season, he's been their one bit of quality and i'd be confident we could get him,

Actually alot of people on here have been after Sidwell for the middle of the park from at least the start of this season, he looks a lot closer to Vieira than Tevez looks to Zola at the minute.

Yes but that doesn't mean they are right does it? :roll:, imo he's an average player who won't take us to another level, our team is short enough as is it and imo we need someone big and imposing in the middle of the park who can get up and down the pitch and can both defend and create chances, Sidwell isn't even on Boateng's level imo.