Greatest ever villa game

smetrov

Always hold Blackburn 2010 semi-finals in high regards for recent times, then obviously Reading 4-2 (the Carew show) the week after losing to United at Wembley, in fact that whole season was full of great away days!

More recently, West Ham when Keane scored first for them was pretty important and we've had a pretty good time at the Emirates - we'd certainly take another opening day at the Brittania similar to last year's win!

• Like 1

Villa 2 Bolton, carling cup semi final.

Under the floodlights, we absolutly battered them all game,

Hitz scored a lovely freekick, McCann got himself sent off (t***), we continued to batter them, JLloyd scored with a few minutes to go, hoards of people came running back into the stands(t****), the atmosphere was insane, I am not sure whether it was joy, passion or anger. We were going to pull off the impossible, what a comeback!!

Yeah. we never got the 3rd though, but despite defeat the players walked off to a standing ovation,I have rarely being so proud.

Steve Bennett I think was the ref, he got some abuse that night. I have rarely being so proud.

Still for me the 3-1 home win against Tranmere in the League Cup.  Just the greatest football match I've ever been to.

For drama, yes.

Both of the Inter Milan games of the nineties were special as well.

Was at all 3, great memories. The Inter Milan games always stick out for me too.

Â