James Herbert

leemond2008

My favourite author (even though I have kind of grown out of his books) I still remember when my dad gave me 'the rats' to read when I was 11 years old thinking it would scare the shite out of me but I was engrossed in it (why you would give a kid of that age a book like that I dont know) and from then on I have read everything he has ever done.

James Herbert dies aged 69

Edited by leemond2008

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Wonder what was wrong with him?

I also read The rats, Lair, The Fog and about 7 or 8 others. Still have them on my bookshelf

I dunno I have read a few things about it this morning but none of them say what he actually died of.

A few months ago my mom was throwing out a load of my books that was round at their house and I said throw everything out except for my James Herbert books....she threw the **** lot out claiming she didn't know which ones were by James Herbert.

I've slowly been replacing my collection just the other day I bought haunted, once and the others. luckily I had the majority of them safely tucked away in my book case at home

The others has probably gotta be my favourite by him.

Oh and I'm actually re-reading the rats today in tribute to him, started it this morning and I'm on page 24 at the moment

I like that bit (either in The Rats, or Lair) where that PE teacher goes out for a supposed jog in the woods, but really he likes to flash his cock at women walking their dogs :D

He meets a grisly end!

Noooo! My favourite author :( 

Much better than Stephen King but without anything near the popularity. The Dark should be a movie, I loved Sepulchre, Once and Ghosts of Sleath too.

Will be missed. 

A fair few of his films would have made awesome movies.

used to love his little nod to fans with the returning Rumbo character, I have made it my mission in life to at some point own a squirrel called Rumbo

Â