The VT Musicians Thread

GarethRDR

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I see the good people of Stoke on Trent have named a number of streets in honour of one of their favourite sons, Robbie Williams. I think it would have been more appropriate for Twyfords or Armitage-Shanks to have named a range of urinals after this talented musician and entertainer.

After a year of failing, I downloaded new drivers, and finally got my Zoom R24 to talk to my laptop. Which means I can now start to use Cubase for mixing and mastering (rather than doing it on the R24, which is a bit of a ballsache). Any other Cubase users on here?

Who else on here plays piano/keyboard?

I've been putting some serious effort into it just lately (to the point I'm paying for lessons)

Anyway's I've been learning Beethovens Moonlight sonata (1st movement) even though it sounds like a piece of piss its actually surprisingly difficult

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm starting to get a little despondent about the keyboard/piano

I've only had 3 lessons and whilst my teacher is great (the fact she's fit as **** helps) I feel like I've hit a wall, I don't know if I've been practicing too much but I just can't seem to take anything new in at the moment, she caught up with me on skype earlier to see how I was getting on and I'm only marginally further on than I was last week when I had my lesson.

It's frustrating and I know that you hit periods like this but I'm getting mega pissed off with it at the moment and have been for the last few days. I think because when I first started I could hear myself improving all the time but now my rate of learning seems to have slowed quite a bit.

Interesting.

Is it meant to be really old school, or they figuring you'll be using outboard tone/eq?

Neither, the dirty fingers pick up has a really nice tone when you turn it down but is really crunchy when you turn it up

Â