Brussels or Bruges?

GeorgeVilla82

• 2 years later...

You can certainly fill a day there easy, I was there from Friday morning to Saturday morning and wasn't bored. Really nice city. 

Was there when at university, visited the EU parliament and such. That was boring.

Remember a nice cathedral in the city centre and the king's castle. Nice restaurants and bars. Worth a visit.

so I am thinking of taking the Mrs for her birthday on a  day  trip to Brussels. Is a day trip via eurostar enough there?

What is there to do?

I'll be there this Weds to Friday for work so I'll let you know 

so I am thinking of taking the Mrs for her birthday on a day trip to Brussels. Is a day trip via eurostar enough there?

What is there to do?

Tony I'd love to know what you do for work with all your travels? Are you able to tell?

so I am thinking of taking the Mrs for her birthday on a day trip to Brussels. Is a day trip via eurostar enough there?

What is there to do?

Tony I'd love to know what you do for work with all your travels? Are you able to tell?

tbf most of my trips are personal rather than work related ones  , only really do the dull stuff for work i.e Belgium, France ,Spain , Holland

for the rest of it , my wife goes home to her family  for a month every summer and takes the kids , so I plan a 2 - 3 weeks trip with a couple of mates whilst they are away ... throw in a few lads weekend here and there and you can get quite a bit done  .. the best thing about it all is her family think I'm wonderful for letting them all go  and spend the time with her family in Hungary :) ..

Alas the kids are getting a bit older now and they got bored there at Easter so I think the epic adventures with my mates are coming to an end to be replaced with family hols  .. but for me that just means family holidays in Beirut or Somalia instead :D

So Brussels... That its number 1 tourist attraction appeared to be of a statue of a boy pissing probably doesn't bode well, but It's quite a nice little place all in all , main square has some nice buildings to look at and it has plenty of bars and restaurants but never louty or over crowded

Certainly good for a short weekend break and the rail network could easily take you other places in Belgium if you wanted to explore , the Eurostar ticket covers the whole network for free , I went up to Antwerp for the day

It doesn't have a Wow factor but I liked it , certainly better than my expectations

Edited by tonyh29

Â