The Randy Lerner thread

CI

IF (the proverbial big if) he was selling why wait until the end of the season. Surely the Arabs can see where we areheading and would want to jump in and prevent that.

And IF we were selling how come only one person leaks it and then on a fans board that hardly gets any hits (simple, to increase hit levels)

Just out of interest how many owners do regularly attend games?

Seems to be a lot of people using the fact Lerner never turns as a stick to beat him with, I mean what does it actually matter if he's there or not? Will it suddenly be ok that we have McLeish and we're trying to reduce our expenditure if we can look up nad see Randy in the Ground on a match day?

How many games do they Citeh owners go to? Are their fans on their backs about it?

Just wondering...

Just out of interest how many owners do regularly attend games?

Seems to be a lot of people using the fact Lerner never turns as a stick to beat him with, I mean what does it actually matter if he's there or not? Will it suddenly be ok that we have McLeish and we're trying to reduce our expenditure if we can look up nad see Randy in the Ground on a match day?

How many games do they Citeh owners go to? Are their fans on their backs about it?

Just wondering...

Well seeingthere has been criticism of him since earlier this year about lack of communication, lack of understanding, lack of interest etc et would it not have been a good idea to have shown your face more than once in 10 games?

But seriously how do people think we're going to get round the UEFA regs even if we do sell up to mega rich arabs?

That's not hyperthetical I'll take answers on a postcard.

If I knew the answer I too would be a mega rich lawyer like the ones that have already worked it out :)

so a chap on another forum i use suggested that the 4% buy up may have been so that he can transfer debt INTO the club without anyone knowing about it, which was agreed with by an accountant who also posts there. doesn't necessarily rule out a sale though, in fact that line of action would probably make it more likely, as lerner would transfer his own debts into the club and sell the whole thing off as one, probably saving himself some money on debt repayments in the process

But as I mentioned before UEFA havn't even approved Citeh's buy out against the new rules.

And if questions are raised about the market value of the sponsorship rights for Citeh, who hold the FA Cup, are more than likely going to be in the CL next season, and may even be PL Champions by then. Who is going to argue that the rights to Aston Villa, Coca-cola cup winners 1996, and mid-table also rans is going to worth anywhere near as much.

Not to mention Citeh are looking to scale back their spending in order to show trends that they are within the rules, we'd need a prolonged period of spending above our means which surely would not go unnoticed by UEFA.

Who is going to argue that the rights to Aston Villa, Coca-cola cup winners 1996, and mid-table also rans is going to worth anywhere near as much.

biggest club in the second biggest city in the united kingdom, arguably villa are a potential goldmine who could easily be more valuable a brand to be involved with than city

we'd need a prolonged period of spending above our means which surely would not go unnoticed by UEFA.

i think, im not sure though, that the rules say if you go over the allowed amount of debt accumulated in the initial 3 year period, it is enough to show that you're doing everything you can to get it under control. depending on exactly how that's worded, a new owner could potentially spend an absolutely massive amount over a year, then pull it back and say "hey look, debt is down 900% in the last 6 months already, we're playing ball"

would it be possible for a new owner to buy the club for, say, a billion quid, with randy getting the realistic price he wanted, and the club getting the rest, bumping up the money available massively? or would the additional money actually have to be for something?

Who is going to argue that the rights to Aston Villa, Coca-cola cup winners 1996, and mid-table also rans is going to worth anywhere near as much.

biggest club in the second biggest city in the united kingdom, arguably villa are a potential goldmine who could easily be more valuable a brand to be involved with than city

Yes agree and , we've probably got the biggest catchment area for potential fans in the Mainland, not only West Mids, Warwks, Worcs, Herefordshire, Black Country, Staffs, Leicsts, Northants even Bucks

Massive potential fanbase and an easy ground to access

Â