Target 38,000 V Watford - Jan 20: £15 admmission

limpid

by kingrollo

There were 74,000 at Old Trafford on Sunday, despite the fact the game was live on mainstream TV. As far as I am aware there were no big price reductions; a tremendous turnout. There was only one problem (apart from the result) - I am jealous of such a turnout.

We can not alter the result, but perhaps this match will be remembered like the 1970-71 league cup final, not for the result, but for the fact that Aston Villa are on the way back and you can make a difference.

At this point in time we are encouraging the Villa management to spend a few million on bolstering the team. I think most of us accept that we can’t compete with Chelsea and Man Utd in terms of spending power, but we do expect to be able to compete with the likes of Newcastle and Spurs. We are asking the club to make an effort.

On Jan 20 we have a chance to show Randy and Martin, a glimpse of how good a place Aston Villa can be, We are home to Watford, no disrespect intended but not the most glamorous fixture that weekend. But it's a golden chance for anyone who hasn't been down the Villa in ages to return to the fold. In my opinion the club don't push this enough but the prices in the family enclosure are:-

£15 Adults

£5 kids

I am setting a target here on VillaTalk. We need to get an attendance of 38,000 for this match. A tall order I know, but spread the word you might be surprised. For example I made it my intention to take my 2 kids to this match, I mentioned it to one or two people, mentioned the prices as well. Guess what? There are 17 of us now, that's an extra 14 people who just fancied going down the villa, but just needed a nudge out the door!

An added bonus of a bumper crowd, at this time is that there might just be a few players 'mulling' over a move to Villa Park at this time - if you believe what you hear one could even be in the opposing team! What better way to demonstrate we are a club going places -than a whopping big gate...

One other attraction of this match - we will probably win!

The £5 per ticket offer finished earlier in the week, which means at least 1,500 have gone at that reduced rate.

You couldn't be more right Rollo, If you're out there and you're going, invite a friend. We've all got friends who are casually interested, nows the time to force them into coming with you. A big crowd would be a show of strength and a gesture of solidarity with our new owners and their people.

Kiddy, rouse yourself from that negative slumber, we're on the up.

The £5 per ticket offer finished earlier in the week, which means at least 1,500 have gone at that reduced rate.

You couldn't be more right Rollo, If you're out there and you're going, invite a friend. We've all got friends who are casually interested, nows the time to force them into coming with you. A big crowd would be a show of strength and a gesture of solidarity with our new owners and their people.

Kiddy, rouse yourself from that negative slumber, we're on the up.

there wasnt a limit on the number of tickets available for £5 it was till we sold out but obviously this time limit has come into play. I'll be there (as usual) and im also taking 6 of my mates with me, could have sold more but there was a limit. The attendance threads anoy me tho as you may have gathered.

The crowd for this game will be nowhere near 38k, sadly.

The prices for the family enclosure are fine, but I've just forked out 62 quid for two tickets for this game, so it isn't as if it is cheap across the board.

Still too expensive, in fact, for what is bound to be 90 minutes of fairly mediocre football.

Aston Villa have traditionally been blessed with generous gates....... the Ellis years have decimated these gates and the missing fans have found entertainment elsewhere.Entrance reductions are not the long terms solution to the size of gates....short term maybe.To fix the problem properly there is only one answer.....QUALITY ON THE FIELD.It may take time, but has to start and a sustained agressive approach to raising the bar in player quality is the only answer to getting back the missing 000's

The sympathy vote wears thin after many years and generations grow old......... It is clear Manchester Utd have their support for the the very reason I mentioned above, they do not compromise their policy of ......ONLY QUALITY WILL DO

Don't want to get into a squabble - agree that we need quality players - long term this will bring in the fans - but wouldn't be great to be in at the start of the story - rather than comin in half way through ?

Just to confirm family enclosure tickets are still available £15 adults £5 kids - although judging by the the choice of seats - there wasn't an awful lot left - but that could be could I wanted 19 together !!! - See you there !

Â