pre match drinks

Rugeley Villa

For atmosphere Royal Oak in West Brom is good for a mix of home and away. Be aware though, devious bastards like to wait til the majority of away fans go then try to put the fear into you. That won't happen til they completely outnumber you though so you'll be alright until 10 mins before KO

I've been to a pub in Handsworth before the last few Albion away games, it's about a ten minute walk from the Borethorns, can't for the life of me remember what it's called but it's always been full of Villa, a few years ago it was really tasty in there with flares and smoke bombs being set off in the outside bit!

The Rose Villa Tavern in the Jewellery Quarter is good before Albion and packed full of Villa. The Royal Oak is the other one I'd consider. As already said, a lot of pre-match banter between the two sets of fans.

It's really bizarre having Villa and Albion in the same pub before a derby, with no divides either. You could never do that for the Second City derby.

I've been to a pub in Handsworth before the last few Albion away games, it's about a ten minute walk from the Borethorns, can't for the life of me remember what it's called but it's always been full of Villa, a few years ago it was really tasty in there with flares and smoke bombs being set off in the outside bit!

sounds like my type of boozer haha, I think I know what pub your on about but I can't remember name either, still ay got a clue where I'm gonna start, on my own for this game as lads I normaly go with could not make it

Had heard Briar Rose in town usually attracts a good few villa but havn't tried it myself before WBA away. Has anyone else? Or any other ideas? Would be good to find out the pub Wedge is on about.

Yeah, theres always a few Villa in there

Thats the Royal Oak, not even 10 minute walk.

For those of you on your 1st visit, you'll spend more time in ques and being searched before entering the ground, if you want to be there for the teams coming out then get there 15 minutes before is advised.

Yes it was The Royal Oak on Holyhead Road, Handsworth. The Briar Rose was absolutely rocking with Villa fans before WBA away last year as was the Rose Villa tavern in the Jewellery Quarter, before everyone got the train or tram to the ground from there.

Â