Ron Saunders - 80 today

smetrov

Sad to think really that when he left us he was still only 49. With the right owners/board at the time we could well of had a long period of sustained success with him that would have seen the club transformed much like Liverpool in the 70's/80's and Man Utd in the 90's/beyond and turned us into a massive club.

• Like 2

It is high time we marked what he did for us as our manager by naming a stand after him or adding a statue outside the Holte End with the quote "do you want to bet against us" underneath it for example. It would also be great to do this when he would be fit and able to take part in the unveiling as would most of the lads who played for the club at the time. Over to you Randy...

Many happy returns boss and thanks for those glory days!

Ron Saunders was before my time as a Villa fan. From what I've heard he could be a little abrupt with people/media. Does anyone think there are similarities between Ron and our current manager?

No....... Ron & Winston Churchill

It is high time we marked what he did for us as our manager by naming a stand after him or adding a statue outside the Holte End with the quote "do you want to bet against us" underneath it for example. It would also be great to do this when he would be fit and able to take part in the unveiling as would most of the lads who played for the club at the time. Over to you Randy...

Many happy returns boss and thanks for those glory days!

Yes - this quote is tragically unregonised. - I am sure someone like bet 365 would sponsor such a banner

Â