Week #3 Gameday

BerniesElbow

75% of the players alive in the Yahoo Survivor pools were eliminated this week.

Most popular picks

31% Saints => elimination

23% 49ers => elimination

12% Bears

10% Steelers => elimination

5% Cowboys

4% Lions => elimination

3% Colts => elimination

3% Bills

2% Packers

1% Redskins => elimination

1% Jets

1% Eagles => elimination

Technically the whole ball has to go inside or outside of the post, but as there was no post to speak of it couldn't bounce of it and give a definite answer, so it's kind of an unknown. Especially since there were no good replay vantage points showing for sure where it went.

The only guy who knew for sure was the referee who was underneath and looking up. Gotta trust he made the right call (which given how the referees have done so far isn't easy to do).

Refs were shocking again. Flags everywhere for non calls, wrong calls made, missed calls etc... We got the win this time though unlike last week. Fair play to Torrey Smith too. Must have been an emotional night for him.

Also, LOL at BB at the end running over to the referee and grabbing him. That's a definite fine right there, possible suspension.

I'm still not sure where we sit. From what I saw, it looked like the Texans could score a TD on every possession. Not because we were particularly bad but because they looked imperious on offence. But I see the final score was closer than I'd have hoped, so we stemmed the flow and fought back. We need to play some normal teams. I think in the Falcons and Texans we've played 2 of the best sides in the NFL.

Next up, some respite. A home game against the Raiders. On paper one of the easiest fixtures we'll have all season, though they've been known to seriously up their game at Mile High. If we can control McFadden then we're half way there. Von, that's your mission if you choose to accept it :)

Refs were shocking again. Flags everywhere for non calls, wrong calls made, missed calls etc... We got the win this time though unlike last week. Fair play to Torrey Smith too. Must have been an emotional night for him.

It says a lot when players of the winning team come out and criticise them at the end of the game.

We need the real refs back ASAP. Teams seasons could be lost because of their inability to make good calls.

It says a lot when players of the winning team come out and criticise them at the end of the game.

We need the real refs back ASAP. Teams seasons could be lost because of their inability to make good calls.

The thing is, to me it's not about right or wrong calls. Yeah they are important, but at the moment I'd settle for CONSISTENT calls. Every play seems to have different rules regarding interference, personal fouls, etc... The players have no clue as to what is legal or not with the replacement refs. You can do things one play that they don't flag and then they flag when you do it on the next play.

The original refs made some gaffs, but at least the rules were constant.

Â