Week #3 Gameday

BerniesElbow

Clay Matthews should get a massive fine and ban if this is actually Goodells number

Hhg9B.png

Being pissed off is one thing, but this is beyond that to me.

It's amazing how many players have came out criticising the officials this season. Change has to be made, they are simply not good enough and they are deciding the outcome of the games.

Pretty disgraceful showing of officiating this weekend capped off by perhaps the most inept display of all to end MNF in a farce!

That being said I think it is **** hilarious that it happened to the pack! Maybe now they can moan about something else rather than "beating themselves" like they have a habit of doing recently!

They have to get the real refs back, I think players and coaches have been holding their breath to an extent up to now, but clearly when you are screwed out of a win that's going to cause all sorts of trouble.

Don't blame Clay Matthews for doing that. This is the NFL not the NBA or Baseball. It's 16 games, so for one of them to be taken off you like that must really burn! LOL!

Yep, it's a total circus right now...it had to take a play like last night, on a Monday night as well, to get the league to make a deal. If they don't have the regular refs in by this weekend, it will start getting really ugly.

Interesting fact:

Estimated MNF global betting totals, pointspread

Green Bay -3: $200m (to win about $170m)

Seattle +3: $50m (to win $45m)

Green Bay covers: the world's bookies lose about $120m

Seattle covers: the world's bookies make about $155m

(I was on Seattle bigtime... I'm happy with the decision :D )

I was also on Seattle, but straight up on the money line to win £29.

Atlanta and Arizona combined to earn £53 and £200 off the Giants at -3.5.

Great betting results for me this weekend and a turn of fortunes as I'd been on loss after loss lately. Need a few more big wins to cover off losses so a similar level of success this week would be nice.

Nationally televised game, real refs, simultaneous possession in the endzone

After seeing that video, I don't think the real refs would have called it differently.

OPI doesn't get called late in games, anyway...

A friend showed me that. Looks like Austin clearly had better possession of the ball, whereas in the GB game, Tate barely had any control of it.

Correct me if im wrong but a lot of people seem to be claiming that the DB had possession first when he caught it up in the air and had his hands on it first.

Well doesn't the process of a catch state that you need both feet down (or 1 knee, arse etc) to establish possession and a completed catch?

I think if you take that into account, the DB doesn't get his second foot down until he is falling on top of the receiver, (whose feet and arse are down) with both possessing the ball simultaneously.

Whether or not the receiver's hands came off and back on is irrelevant until the point that the DB got both feet down in bounds, ergo simultaneous possession = catch offense and a TD.

Â