Uefa Champions League Drraw

andykeenan

I've got money on Dortmund to win.

I would bloody love it if they did, and they've certainly got a chance, but I'm not sure they could beat Barcelona. Obviously it's possible - weaker teams than Dortmund have come away with victories against them - but it'd be so difficult. Bayern and United are massive threats, too - but I suppose I'm just stating the obvious there!

I would bloody love it if they did, and they've certainly got a chance, but I'm not sure they could beat Barcelona. Obviously it's possible - weaker teams than Dortmund have come away with victories against them - but it'd be so difficult. Bayern and United are massive threats, too - but I suppose I'm just stating the obvious there!

agree if over 2 legs, but a one-off final i think Dortmund could take them though dont agree United a re a threat. poor in group stage in a weak group and easy to get at.

for me its between barca, Real, Dortmund, Bayern or Juventus with PSG as dark horses

I certainly wouldn't bet against them. I just reckon that there is one side that is certainly better than them still in the competition, and at least a couple more who are on a similar level, if not better - the likes of Bayern, Real and United also have more Champions League experience.

Just had a quick look at the odds, and I don't think 7/1 is too bad, and I would understand anyone choosing to have a punt. They're fourth favourites overall, which is hard to disagree with. They're also favourites to beat Shakhtar, understandably, but in the Ukrainians they will be facing an opposition who will match their energy and test the defence: it should be a really entertaining tie.

It is nice to see this Dortmund side getting the recognition that they deserve, though. I said on here a while ago that they would be capable of challenging for the Champions League title in the near future, and I'm not surprised to see them putting things together on the European stage. However, some people (and by no means do I mean those of you backing them on here!) seem to be jumping on the bandwagon as BVB are becoming noticed and asserting that they are potential winners - based on watching one or two performances - in order to sound knowledgeable. Yes, they're very good. Yes, they could win it. But they're still an outside bet compared to the usual suspects in Bayern, Barcelona and either Real or United. However, because they're a different name and clearly talented, there are people touting them for victory in preparation for the 'I told you so!' moment if they do.

Juventus are another interesting one. They should beat Celtic and get through to the quarter-finals - it'd be really interesting to see them play Dortmund at that stage, and either of those sides would be worthy of a place in the semis.

i didnt think thye would do as well as they have this year as still thought they needed a bit more experience but their youthful exuberance makes up for it.

Shakhtar to me lack something, not sure if its bottle or a good defence or a mix of 2.

Â