Patience please

VillaGoMarching

Taken from F365's "winners"

Aston Villa Fans

"We're passing the ball, we're passing the ball, we're Aston Villa we're passing the ball" - More Sloop John B butchery but we can all relate to the relief of the Villa fans, who showed there's more to life than winning. However, with only Arsenal, Man City and Fulham completing more passes than Villa at the weekend, perhaps supporters should also be worried that Darren Bent had only 15 touches of the ball.

Im tired to hear the bitching about the budget. It is what it is and Lambert has agreed to work within it. He is regarded as a quality manager and he actions behind the scenes suggest he is switched on in the right way. In one appointment he looks to have dragged our scouting network into this century. The last time we plucked unknown (to us) players was Gregory. Remember Mellburg and Alpay and wondering who they were?

I also think Lambert wants to shed the deadwood before he starts the rebuild and not just buy for sake of buying.

I am ready for a not so good start to the season as I think we will build into the season, a bit like DOL first season. Shoker first day of the season against Portsmouth, in fact upto crimbo cellar dwellers and we finish the season in 6th.

Lambert is no fool and would not put his reputation on the line signing for a club that could buy the players he needs.

100% agree with the author of this thread.

We had patience even with AML and Richard Dunne, shouldn't we have patience with a manager that in his 3 years spell at NCFC has just proved to be able to obtain results offering an entertaining, passing, attacking football? A manager that made his team play football the way it has to be played, starting to build from the back? Have we forgotten that the kind of football that we were used to see consisted in Richard Dunne that limited to belt the ball clear?

I agree with the 2 posts above.Give PL a chance.I bet no one is talking about sacking Fergie and Rodgers yet.

PL cant cover everything at once.He is getting us to play football first, then he will get us putting the ball in the net.If you want to cut across all that and get quick ( but not long lasting results ) then we should have signed Allydice.

Have people forgotten how bad we were last season.

The last third of last Season we were dreadful and pushing Wolves for being the worst team in the league. We Probably deserved to go down.

Saturday we were far far better. SO Lambert has already improved the team. Lambert has performed a huge U Turn on where we was heading.

Give it Time

I agree with the 2 posts above.Give PL a chance.I bet no one is talking about sacking Fergie and Rodgers yet.

PL cant cover everything at once.He is getting us to play football first, then he will get us putting the ball in the net.If you want to cut across all that and get quick ( but not long lasting results ) then we should have signed Allydice.

This thread gets more and more bemusing.

Can you explain what a "long lasting result" is? The way I see it, you play a game - the aim is to win. If you win you get 3 points, if you draw you get 1, if you lose you get 0. That's it, nothing longer term than that. We got 0 points from a game we have been used to getting something from in recent seasons so that's points we now need to go and squeeze out from better sides.

People now seem to be arguing themselves into a position where we are congratulating Lambert on not being rash enough to get a win out of this game. And that is a truly wondrous thing to behold.

This thread gets more and more bemusing.

Can you explain what a "long lasting result" is? The way I see it, you play a game - the aim is to win. If you win you get 3 points, if you draw you get 1, if you lose you get 0. That's it, nothing longer term than that. We got 0 points from a game we have been used to getting something from in recent seasons so that's points we now need to go and squeeze out from better sides.

People now seem to be arguing themselves into a position where we are congratulating Lambert on not being rash enough to get a win out of this game. And that is a truly wondrous thing to behold.

I agree with what you're saying, results are all that matter and we've lost our first game. We haven't any points and we need to start picking them up.

For me, if you cut the pitch in to quarters, and the first quarter is Given and the fourth quarter is Bent, it's the third quarter that needs a lot of work with the fourth quarter needing a lot more support.

But, we have to have patience because we seem to be going in the right direction with possession and mentality from the back. And (I'm not saying you're being rash) it's only been one game, if it's the same after five games and the window has closed, then I will worry.

But I agree with what you're saying, we can't get away from the fact we lost against West Ham and have no points and whatever the tactics were they weren't good enough to win.

Â