Patience please

VillaGoMarching

Why are we discussing "he who must not be named here?"

I thought that was the name given to McLeish. :P

But if you mean MON, you surely know that every thread ends up discussing him in the end. He's not out of everyone's hair yet.

Jesus Christ Let it go. :lol: When somebody insults or criticizes MON they're not insulting you.
No, but they are being extremely tedious and that is what really gets me, having to plough through all the silly anti-MON nonsense.
Who cares if people criticise him or don't rate him as a manager? Is that not allowed?

But if you mean MON, you surely know that every thread ends up discussing him in the end. He's not out of everyone's hair yet.

Jesus Christ Let it go. :lol: When somebody insults or criticizes MON they're not insulting you.
No, but they are being extremely tedious and that is what really gets me, having to plough through all the silly anti-MON nonsense.

I'm not expressing an opinion pro or anti Mon. I'm simply questioning why we are discussing him at all? He has not managed the club for 2 years now and is about as relevent to our current position as John Gregory or Dr. Joe.

Shall we just consign his chapter (however you chose to feel about it) to the clubs history and move on?

Well this thread is about to be locked ;)

Which is a shame because the message of the OP was a good one.

Lambert needs 2/3 SEASONS to sort us out, not 2/3 months.

We won't do anything spectacular this season but we will stay in the league and the football, playing squad and mood will slowly improve.

UTV.

I think a thread which lectures people about the need to be patient isn't really the greatest starting point, tbf.

I've been supporting Villa, largely while they serve up a pile of shite, since 1961 FFS and no-one can tell me much about being patient!

yeah i'd say it'll take a couple of seasons at least until he's had the time to build a squad that's his.

the fact the knives are out for him ALREADY in other threads is just mental.

Surely you don't pay any attention to anyone that is that narrow minded.

I'm sure you are mature enough to ignore the idiots and select the posters were you can have sensible debate even if your opinions differ.

The reason I am getting a little anxious is because I've just pumped over £500 into the club for another season ticket, I'd thought about returning it, didn't, then saw a pretty average performance on Saturday with all the same problems as last year (no pace, no width, no delivery)...

I can see that we need wingers yet we don't seem to be getting any. My worry is that another year will go down the pan. Another year like the last 2 and I not only do I think I'll be refusing to renew next year, but I'll probably give up going mid season.

Only 1 game in yes, but most people's tolerance for dross has been left pretty low after the last 2 years...

Not overnight, but at least maybe a bit of fight...maybe some kind of improvement. I didn't really see much of an improvement apart from more passing...but passing means little when there's no final product...

Like I said, im not pissed off, I'm just anxious....

Whilst I agree with the original post my only fear is the players we have are just not good enough for the type of football we want to play. Maybe in time this will change as they get used to Lamberts idea but we just seem so lightweight.

Whilst I agree with the original post my only fear is the players we have are just not good enough for the type of football we want to play. Maybe in time this will change as they get used to Lamberts idea but we just seem so lightweight.

and swansea had a squad of world beaters when they completely humiliated us at home just after we'd beaten chelsea?

I find threads such as this bemusing.

For the last three summers we have been asked to "be patient" and many of us renewed STs as usual in the hope that the board would reward our faith, they haven't.

Like many I really expected the club to spend more than £8 million this close season. However it is now clear that PL can only buy more if he can sell the deadwood.

I feel sorry for PL but whatever the OP thinks he will not survive 2/3 seasons if Lerner doesn't back him. The squad was woeful under 'he who shall not be named' and in my opinion is no better now.

I find threads such as this bemusing.

For the last three summers we have been asked to "be patient" and many of us renewed STs as usual in the hope that the board would reward our faith, they haven't.

Like many I really expected the club to spend more than £8 million this close season. However it is now clear that PL can only buy more if he can sell the deadwood.

I feel sorry for PL but whatever the OP thinks he will not survive 2/3 seasons if Lerner doesn't back him. The squad was woeful under 'he who shall not be named' and in my opinion is no better now.

Well said

You do not get 2/3 seasons in ths league. Norwich had a good season but thy will struggle this season and I think they would have done under Lambert as well. Lerner must back Lambert this season or we could be in real trouble.

and swansea had a squad of world beaters when they completely humiliated us at home just after we'd beaten chelsea?

Clearly they were world beaters when lined up next to us. I see your point but I dont really know enough about Swansea's players as indivuals to comment.

Its simply that you don't agree with them that grates.

I'm not expressing an opinion pro or anti Mon. I'm simply questioning why we are discussing him at all? He has not managed the club for 2 years now and is about as relevent to our current position as John Gregory or Dr. Joe.

Shall we just consign his chapter (however you chose to feel about it) to the clubs history and move on?

or Lerners bank manager.

Â