Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I think what will save us is the fact Wigan have to win. A draw is quite conceivable.

Either way, why so many have so much confidence 18th placed Wigan will beat 4th placed Arsenal in red-hot form is beyond me. This is the same Wigan who lost at home less than a week ago to a side on the beach.

The same Wigan that beat 2nd place and previous years champions Man City yesterday? Wigan also beat Arsenal last season in a similar position.

I'd be very surprised if Wigan players have any energy left for Arsenal game, G.Neville said that just playing on wembley drains you completely and players are bound to have hangover for day or two after the celebrating.

I also remember finnish javelinist saying that after huge competition and winning is so draining that athletes are tired as hell because the mental "charge" for the competition and the euphoria after the win are so high.

Must be very similar for footballers.

Of course there's chance for Wigan win but it's very remote.

just like chelsea at christmas? been halfway round the world played loads of games, drained etc. oops 8-0. i agree chelsea didn't win but the point stands i think.

Chelsea have a big squad and players used to big games week in week out.

Im more hopeful of Norwich going down ahead of us than Wigan.  Arsenal are well capable of **** up at home and especially against Wigan.  Wigan will fight like dogs so I just hope Wenger gets his team up for the fight

Wigan are better away from home - they are in fact very poor at home.

lets just hope wigan had there glory yesterday...........whilst they deserved the victory yesterday - i thought it was more a case of Man City being poor, rather than a great wigan performance

Wigan are better away from home - they are in fact very poor at home.

lets just hope wigan had there glory yesterday...........whilst they deserved the victory yesterday - i thought it was more a case of Man City being poor, rather than a great wigan performance

The worst thing is that due to yesterday's totally inept display & all the speculation &  bullshit surrounding Mancini's future that Man City team might also not be overly concerned with how they perform against Norwich next week.

Like us they just need next season to start asap!

A Stoke win is good for us. Means they HAVE to win against Sunderland next week.

Or it means that Arsenal do nothing Wigan win and it goes down to the final game which Villa will bottle.

Like we've bottled every high pressure game game recently? Wind your neck in.

A Stoke win is good for us. Means they HAVE to win against Sunderland next week.

Or it means that Arsenal do nothing Wigan win and it goes down to the final game which Villa will bottle.

With our without our main goal threat?

As i was typing, you can never rely on Spuds (unless they are playing the Villa)

FFS.

Spurs will lose this meaning that Arsenal wont be bothered about doing anything on Tuesday.

Fate we are to go down.

Arsenal will want to take advantage of this. Do you honestly think Wenger will set his team up and not be bothered about the result?

It's fate that we are to go down? Get a grip FFS.

Why would Arsenal do nothing if Stoke win?? There is ONE POINT between Arsenal & Spurs. If Spurs lose today, Arsenal can secure Champions League Football by beating Wigan on Tuesday, making next week's games dead rubbers.

I am sure Wenger would rather his side wrap it up at home against Wigan then going to relegation haunted Newcastle on the last day.

It's like **** groundhog day on this forum, some people need to relax and realize there is nothing we can do to change the situation.

I'd be hugely surprised if Wigan scab a win at The Emirates and even if they get a point, it see's us safe.

With our without our main goal threat?

You're speaking as if we're doomed, when we're 13th. Seriously, chill out.

And we have other players that can score goals. Benteke was anonymous against Norwich and we won.

I could get the argument that Swansea had nothing to play for and thus might not turn up (they did anyway). However, I think it's absolutely ridiculous to suggest that if Spurs don't win today Arsenal will have nothing to play for.

As i was typing, you can never rely on Spuds (unless they are playing the Villa)

FFS.

Spurs will lose this meaning that Arsenal wont be bothered about doing anything on Tuesday.

Fate we are to go down.

no because spurs would be 1 pt behind arsenal going into Tuesday's game - should arsenal loose - spurs could still overtake them. Arsenal will be bothered.