Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I'd like to see us win against wigan and maybe knick a point against Chelsea and finish in the top 10. I think Norwich is safe to be honest. Sunderland and Newcastle should be worried. 

I'd like to see us win against wigan and maybe knick a point against Chelsea and finish in the top 10. I think Norwich is safe to be honest. Sunderland and Newcastle should be worried.

How are Norwich safe? Explain.

If Norwich don't get at least a point against the Baggies next week they are down IMO. 

That's a nonsense thing to say. They're 3 places off the relegation spots. Saying a loss next week will relegate them is nonsense. Realistically they could lose both games they have left and still stay up. Wigan aren't Barcelona, they're down there for a reason, and they're every bit as likely to lose their next 3 than any other combination of results

If Norwich don't get at least a point against the Baggies next week they are down IMO. 

That's a nonsense thing to say. They're 3 places off the relegation spots. Saying a loss next week will relegate them is nonsense. Realistically they could lose both games they have left and still stay up. Wigan aren't Barcelona, they're down there for a reason, and they're every bit as likely to lose their next 3 than any other combination of results

Not really. I can quite easily see Wigan picking up 4 points. 1 win and 1 draw is hardly out of their reach considering they are playing Swansea, Arsenal and Villa. 

They come alive at the time of year, it's no coincidence they do it every year. 

I certailnly do not see Norwich getting anything at Citeh.... so for me, if they don't get at least a point next week, they are gone. Though, we'll know more on Tuesday night i guess.

Edited by PieFacE

Not really. I can quite easily see Wigan picking up 4 points. 1 win and 1 draw is hardly out of their reach considering they are playing Swansea, Arsenal and Villa. 

you could say that about anyone though. Again, they're down there for a reason. If getting 4 points out of 3 games of that kind was something they were regularly capable of they wouldn't be 3rd last, 5 points behind us. 4 points from those games would be a hell of an accomplishment for them. 

How are Norwich safe? Explain.

They are still 3 points ahead of wigan. Plus I think they will likely get a point against West Brom at home. Also who knows what will happen against Man City. City have been so poor of late. I doubt they will be very motivated for the last match of the season. They will finish 2nd no matter what so Mancini will likely play some reserves/subs. 

Newcastle will likely beat QPR but lose to arsenal so I think they will escape the drop.

Sunderland have it the easiest. Their match against Stoke will likely be a dull 0-0 draw and then they have southhampton who they should beat. If they fail to get a result tomorrow, then I'd be worried as a sunderland fan because I doubt they will beat Tottenham.

Wigan are in the worst position right now. They have the FA Cup final to worry about and they have to worry about the league. If they win the FA Cup they will likely be on a high and believe they can beat anyone which will likely inspire them to get a few good results but if they lose, then their morale could be crushed. They have Swansea, Arsenal and us left to play. 

All I care about is that we are likely safe. I hope we finish in the top 10.

Only thing we could do today was win, which we did and see what happened around us. The **** Tesco bags couldn't do us a favour, oh massive shock that not, so now we need Swansea without Michu to do us a favour, which I'm not very confident about, going need something special from a certain Luke Moore ;) 

Villa are 33/1 with PP to go down, so just placed a tenner on it.

If we get 0 points from next 2 (Quite possible):

Norwich need 1 win to finish above us - They can get there at home to Baggies

Newcastle need 1 win - Capable of beating both QPR and Arsenal though 2 draws would probably put them on a better GD and equal points.

Sunderland need 1 win - Home to Stoke or Southampton

Southampton need 1 win - Home to Stoke

Wigan need 2 wins - Us and Swansea. Though we know they are capable of Arsenal.

Quite a negative slant o it, but like I say, 40/1 is stupid.

1/200 to avoid relegation. All the above is v possible and dont clash with one another.

This scenario is the terrifying truth & it is certainly not beyond the realms of possibility & still leave's me feeling desperate.

I hate Wigan because they always pull it off & you just know for absolute certainty That Wank Brom will lose to Norwich next week.

Also, I wished we didn't have to play early next week because a defeat will give massive incentive to all those teams & make the above scenario even more highly likely.

It's never over until it's mathematically over. Fact!

Are people still worried because we've been down there all season? I don't understand the worry! We don't need to rely on Wigan losing anymore.

The worry is quite simple & justified by the following.

"We are not safe yet & Woodytom has highlighted a highly probable set of results that could still send us down"

I won't be getting any sleep again tonight worrying. Fact!....Nervous or what!

I think Wigan will stay up, which is okay because I like Martinez and I think they play some good stuff, but not okay because that I hate that media whore bell-end Dave Whelan, could cheerfully punch him in his stupid face.

I think if the obvious relegation contenders get some results, i.e Wigan, Sunderland, Newcastle, then Norwich and Fulham could be in serious trouble moreso than us. Both teams are on bad runs, struggling to score goals and they have some tough opposition in their remaining two fixtures.

Norwich have West Brom, and Man City. You would like to think they couldn't get anything from those games, though you never know with the Tesco bags being the idiots they are. Still, it's unlikely on Norwich's current form.

Then you have Fulham who host Liverpool and then go to Swansea, both of which they could very realistically lose based on current form.

I'm still worried, but I think barring a whole host of insane results and some ridiculous bad luck, we should be safe.

I really hope next week's set of results give us a definite answer on our PL survival. I'd like to unclench my sphincter for the first time in 2013.

Edited by Ginko

Are people still worried because we've been down there all season? I don't understand the worry! We don't need to rely on Wigan losing anymore.

The worry is quite simple & justified by the following.

"We are not safe yet & Woodytom has highlighted a highly probable set of results that could still send us down"

I won't be getting any sleep again tonight worrying. Fact!....Nervous or what!

Well I think think that set of results with Villa getting 0 points is pretty improbable

Probably. That's certainly the case with me.

I mean, I'm still more worried than I was last season purely because we've been down here all season despite the fact we were in dire form this time last year and would've gone down if we'd played a game more.

Let's just smash Chelsea . That should sort it

I don't see any reason why we shouldn't go into that game with the belief that we can win it.

Chelsea play Utd and Spurs before next Saturday lunchtime and have a final the week after.

I know they have a big squad but that's a serious itinerary to handle.

Let's just smash Chelsea . That should sort it

I don't see any reason why we shouldn't go into that game with the belief that we can win it.

I can think of about £100million worth of reasons. Let's not get carried away. We've been playing well but Sunderland on Monday were truly terrible. Secret agent Cuellar helped us out massively, and then again today it could have very easily have been same old story from this season, go ahead only to crumble and concede.

We can't keep a clean sheet. As long as Chelsea keep us out from scoring, which is more likely than the other way around, they will beat us. I don't fancy us outscoring Chelsea either, no matter how good our front three have been in recent weeks.