Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Yes we are where we are but majority of fans felt we would be at the start of the season. Hence the date this thread was started. It doesn't take a genius to see this team was not good enough in August. That is the point. Why wasn't this addressed? Why are we gambling with the whole future of our club!!! It makes me sick and as ruined our bloody Xmas. Yes I'm drunk. Good night.

The mess can't be sorted out in one transfer window.

How is the future of the club being gambled?

Buying players without the required experience/quality that we so desperately needed at the start of the season.

Buying players without the required experience/quality that we so desperately needed at the start of the season.

Buying any player is a gamble. It's ludicrous to think that if we'd done a QPR and bought a load of experienced players willy nilly that would somehow be less of a gamble.

Funny thing is that most of our best players so far this season (not saying much) have been Lambert signings. You look at the definite starters in our team right now and they'd be as follows: Guzan, Vlaar, Lowton, Westwood and Benteke.

Edited by Mantis

The mess can't be sorted out in one transfer window.

Whatever your opinion is of Hutton, Collins, Warnock and Dunne, that defence kept us up last year. If we get relegated this year I would say the future of the club has been gambled by isolating or selling these players.

Whatever your opinion is of Hutton, Collins, Warnock and Dunne, that defence kept us up last year. If we get relegated this year I would say the future of the club has been gambled by isolating or selling these players.

All of those players (especially Hutton and Warnock) were part of the reason why we did so poorly in the first place. Our defence was shocking last season. The only reason why we didn't get beaten by many goals most of the time is because McLeish set out to draw 0-0 or win 1-0 but once we'd conceded that first goal he was happy to defend that. Opposition teams knew this as well.

Look, we're poor right now but FFS shit players like the ones mentioned above aren't the answer!

Edited by Mantis

All of those players (especially Hutton and Warnock) were part of the reason why we did so poorly in the first place. Our defence was shocking last season. The only reason why we didn't get beaten by many goals most of the time is because McLeish set out to draw 0-0 or win 1-0 but once we'd conceded that first goal he was happy to defend that. Opposition teams knew this as well.

Look, we're poor right now but FFS shit players like the ones mentioned above aren't the answer!

Dude the same players apart from Hutton got us 6th! Yes they are shit but they are better than what we are fielding at present. I don't give a shit how Mcleish fielded us we weren't shipping 12 in 2 games and he kept us up. Nobody will remember 3-1 at anfield if we get bloody relegated!

Dude the same players apart from Hutton got us 6th! Yes they are shit but they are better than what we are fielding at present. I don't give a shit how Mcleish fielded us we weren't shipping 12 in 2 games and he kept us up. Nobody will remember 3-1 at anfield if we get bloody relegated!

So? Those three players also got us 16th and just barely staying up. They are not the answer and never were.

After today I didn't think anyone would have a decent contrary argument to the evidence I posted on the previous page (not even the people I expected to do so).

Nobody's going to argue with statistical facts, but there was of course lots of bias when selecting which statistics to post. Edited by Mantis

Lots of bias! How so?

Have you any facts/evidence to the contrary to show my bias?

Because you only posted statistics that make us look bad. Admittedly there are more of those than statistics that make us look good but there's still a bias.

We gave spurs at home last season under mcleish a bloody game (1-1)

Today was literally men vs boys , Lambert is so far out

Of his depth it's worrying.

No we didn't, we just played for a 0-0 draw like we always did and got a lucky deflected goal.

Amazing how quickly people forget how poor we were under McLeish. Wonder how long it will be before people starting calling for him to come back.

Defence always was a worry for me. Lambert put a lot of confidence in Ciaran Clark - indeed when fit he has started almost every game. He always seemed very suspect to me - his partnership with vlaar never looked watertight. When Vlaar got injured Lambert realized that Clark needed some help, so played 3cb's . Fleetingly this worked, the goals against column was stemmed - and a couple of clean sheets for good measure.

At Norwich away, and Liverpool away - we won handsomely, despite the opposition side having many chances. However chelsea did not squander the chances presented to them - and although we got to 0-0 v spurs at Half time - it was inconceivable that spurs wouldn't score at least 2 goals.

So where from here ? - Well lets pretend that the return of Ron Vlaar will stop the rot - unless its alongside an experienced CB - To me Clark shows no signs of progressing into a capable centre half.

Because you only posted statistics that make us look bad. Admittedly there are more of those than statistics that make us look good but there's still a bias.

There are no statistics that make us look good. If there were I am sure you would have posted them. Your lack of hard facts/evidence is clear.

Accusing me of bias is merely a subjective opinion on your part and has no objectivity.

No we didn't, we just played for a 0-0 draw like we always did and got a lucky deflected goal.

Amazing how quickly people forget how poor we were under McLeish. Wonder how long it will be before people starting calling for him to come back.

Utter rubbish, we set about spurs got the lead then squandered numerous chances to make it 2 including a Heskey 1 on 1.

They then got a pen to get them back into it.

Stats look bad no getting away from it .

Worried for next game can't see how the team can raise them selves after the 2 losses in what is now a 6 pointer with so many injuries.

We got a goal down at Wigan we will crumble.I also suspect they will pass it around whilst we run around like headless chickens to put pressure on them only to tire badly towards the end.

Defence always was a worry for me. Lambert put a lot of confidence in Ciaran Clark - indeed when fit he has started almost every game. He always seemed very suspect to me - his partnership with vlaar never looked watertight. When Vlaar got injured Lambert realized that Clark needed some help, so played 3cb's . Fleetingly this worked, the goals against column was stemmed - and a couple of clean sheets for good measure.

At Norwich away, and Liverpool away - we won handsomely, despite the opposition side having many chances. However chelsea did not squander the chances presented to them - and although we got to 0-0 v spurs at Half time - it was inconceivable that spurs wouldn't score at least 2 goals.

So where from here ? - Well lets pretend that the return of Ron Vlaar will stop the rot - unless its alongside an experienced CB - To me Clark shows no signs of progressing into a capable centre half.

You're bang on especially about Clark.