Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

You're really over exaggerating these predictions.

The problem is we need more players in the mould of Benteke/Westwood/Vlaar.

Think we need something different, some creativity and width and a back up for Benteke in case he gets injured

You're really over exaggerating these predictions.

As an example look at the West Ham pre match thread

Page 1 we have a 3-0 villa win prediction

Page 2 we have a 4-0 !

I can dig out plenty more if you need more evidence

I actually think we are massively over rating bentekke as a goal scorer - good + promising player that he is - if we rely almost totally on him for goals it ain't going to be enough.

In the system we play we need goals from midfield, especially those who play behind the striker - Gabby, Holmann, Ireland. Thats whats missing so far. Benteke is doing an awesoime job. but youre right, we shouldnt rely on him to carry all thej goal threat

Page 2 we have a 4-0 !

So? For every 4-0 prediction there are about three "we'll lose 4-0" predictions when it comes to Villa games.

"We've had one high in the season(cup win against City) and the rest have been lows. Not exactly something which would breed confidence." Morpheus

Sorry I forgot that beating Swansea, Sunderland and Reading made me feel low.

I also felt really low when we beat Swindon in the cup.

I was almost suicidal after we got a hard earned draw away at Newcastle.

What a stupid thing to say.

So quite obviously we have gotten so low that beating Swindon in the cup is to be deemed a high? Really? Beating Swansea, Sunderland and Reading are also to be deemed a high in relation to beating Man City? Thats nice but in reality who is really being 'stupid' here?

Yes and you've taken plenty of time to judge. 15 games in and he hasn't won anything yet?

Benteke? Lowton? Westwood? Guzan? all crap??

Lambert Out

If you take the time to actually read what i have said in my post rather than interpret it to allow you to have another dig then you will see what i'm talking about is balance. Balance between experienced quality and youth. The only player out of your list that i have criticised is Benteke whom i've already admitted that i was wrong about although he's still missing chances which was part of my original critique of him. Futhermore, I have never stated that Lowton and Guzan were 'crap' and if you look in the Westwood thread i have continually praised Westwood, more recently stating that he has been Lambert's best signing so stop putting words in my mouth to suit your own debate!

In addition, you have for some considerable time now stated that i expect us to win something this season even though i have continually asked you to quote where i have said that which you have failed to do. There's a good reason for that. I have never said it as i have a very low expectations for us this season and for good reason.

I think the fact that you deem a win at Man City as the only high this season sums up your attitude towards football and Aston Villa. You are only interested in taking the biggest scalps and gaining the highest accolades and everything else is deemed unacceptable. It just shows how little patience you have and how unwilling you are to look at the bigger picture.

What is the bigger picture? Another rebuild that has currently seen us in the bottom three and a potential relegation battle to look forward to. No thanks.

The point is posters who suggest relegation is more than possible get dogs abuse yet you have delusional posts about 4-0 wins against Stoke and someone is due a good hiding anyday now. All adds to the tapestry of VT I guess but I think I know what's more realistic just now .

The point is posters who suggest relegation is more than possible get dogs abuse yet you have delusional posts about 4-0 wins against Stoke and someone is due a good hiding anyday now. All adds to the tapestry of VT I guess but I think I know what's more realistic just now .

And just as often if not more often you get equally deluded people claiming we'll get smashed 4-0 every game.

And just as often if not more often you get equally deluded people claiming we'll get smashed 4-0 every game.

Hmmm not sure tbh. I don't recall anyone saying Stoke would win 4-0 for example.

The trip to Anfield possibly yes. And there were a few 0-4's for the Ci£y away game which ended 0-5 so they were being optimistic ?

Hmmm not sure tbh. I don't recall anyone saying Stoke would win 4-0 for example.

The trip to Anfield possibly yes. And there were a few 0-4's for the Ci£y away game which ended 0-5 so they were being optimistic ?

Read the match threads.You're clinging onto a few overly-optimistic predictions but there are just as many if not more overly-pessimistic predictions.

What is the bigger picture? Another rebuild that has currently seen us in the bottom three and a potential relegation battle to look forward to. No thanks.

Yep, that's the spirit, give up on it after 16 games. You'll never be satisfied with the way Villa go about things because we can't give you instant success. You were obviously spoiled during the first few years under Lerner and are now struggling to accept the current situation whilst the majority of us have and are willing to get behind the team we love like we used to before money ruined the game.

Read the match threads.You're clinging onto a few overly-optimistic predictions but there are just as many if not more overly-pessimistic predictions.

No there aren't , you are in denial. There are far more posters thinking we are "about to click" and give someone "a good hiding"

We've been hammered at least 3 times this season so any posts of 1-3 defeat or 1-4 defeat or 0-5 loss were spot on in those instances.

No there aren't , you are in denial. There are far more posters thinking we are "about to click" and give someone "a good hiding"

We've been hammered at least 3 times this season so any posts of 1-3 defeat or 1-4 defeat or 0-5 loss were spot on in those instances.

In denial about what? There are way more overly-negative predictions about us.

Yep, that's the spirit, give up on it after 16 games. You'll never be satisfied with the way Villa go about things because we can't give you instant success. You were obviously spoiled during the first few years under Lerner and are now struggling to accept the current situation whilst the majority of us have and are willing to get behind the team we love like we used to before money ruined the game.

Just like the thousands who held up the £ signs and wanted rid of Doug.

Page 2 we have a 4-0 !

CI i would let it go if i were you. Last word and all that if you know what i mean?

Just like the thousands who held up the £ signs and wanted rid of Doug.

The people organizing the pound sign protest were very careful to give the manager and players their full and unconditional support. As I wrote the press releases for the organisation behind the protests I can tell you that this was explicit throughout

• Like 1