Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

A bare minimum of two proven midfielders needed in the next window. If you're greedy and want to go for a belt and braces approach ask Santa for a quality centre half, a forward to replace the departing Bent and a decent winger to supply the crosses. Lambert's philosophy of buying hungry young players for the future is a sound project but if we want that future to be in the top league then a fairly quick fix seems to be called for. I don't go along with the notion that a year in the Championship would be a good thing. That division is a bar room brawl. There's no guarantee we'd be one of the last men standing at the end of a long, tough season.

And when we are 10 points adrift come Jan, I am guessing somebody else is to blame for that too?

When? Do you have a time machine?

1 win in 19 games doesn't worry you? How about our worst start for 50 years?

Of course it worries me, but 10 of those games were last season under McLeish. I also accept that forms change very often in football and see that just because we're not getting results now doesn't mean that will be the case for the rest of the season.

Over a quarter of the season has gone. Wake up man.

You do know that 4x9 = 36 and not something higher than 38, right? Less than a quarter of a season has passed.

Wake up to what exactly? I never denied that we were in the mix for relegation. We're outside of the relegation zone, with most of the season still to play, therefore there's more than enough time to save ourselves.

Did the global economy bounce back immediately from Black Tuesday or did it take a little while? Should Lambert be blamed for the last ten games of McLeish's reign which the latter was abused throughout each one of them? We'll get better if people don't get in the way and knock confidence by booing the manager and players for a result none of them could do much to alter.

The main defence of Lambert seems to be based on the fact that he isn't McLeish. The football may be slightly better (I'd argue it isn't really though, but whatever) but the results are worse, and there's been no signs of any improvement since Lambert took over. We were dreadful yesterday, and had to hang for a point at home against Norwich. Lambert isn't going to fix this "economy" I'm afraid.

The main defence of Lambert seems to be based on the fact that he isn't McLeish. The football may be slightly better (I'd argue it isn't really though, but whatever) but the results are worse, and there's been no signs of any improvement since Lambert took over. We were dreadful yesterday, and had to hang for a point at home against Norwich. Lambert isn't going to fix this "economy" I'm afraid.

This season has been every bit as bad, if not worse than anything McLeish served up last season. Lots of delusion around at the moment - this team of cheap foreigners and championship crap is heading in one direction - relegation. The only thing that will save us is a change of policy at the top. Lerner has to bite the bullet and open the wallet in January.

He also needs to sack the person or persons who advised him that we could compete in the Premier League on the cheap.

They were the better side for the entire game. Were it not for Guzan and some poor finishing, they'd have battered us and we'd have deserved it. The sending off just exacerbated things. Had we hung on and not conceded, the story of the game would have been a complete robbery.

January will be key for us.

Randy needs to give Lambert some money to strengthen on some quality players.

We are pinning our hopes on January when by that point we could be 10 points adrift. As always, under Lerner we spend time looking at what we can do later.

Houllier is crap, its ok we'll get a better man in a few months.

McLeish is crap, its ok we'll get a better man in a few months.

Downing has gone, we'll replace him at a later date.

Young has gone, we'll replace him at a later date.

Milner and Barry too.

And now, it's ok as Lerner will spend tonnes of money in Jan.

Yeah. likely.

We are pinning our hopes on January when by that point we could be 10 points adrift. As always, under Lerner we spend time looking at what we can do later.

Houllier is crap, its ok we'll get a better man in a few months.

McLeish is crap, its ok we'll get a better man in a few months.

Downing has gone, we'll replace him at a later date.

Young has gone, we'll replace him at a later date.

Milner and Barry too.

And now, it's ok as Lerner will spend tonnes of money in Jan.

Yeah. likely.

Spent money in January on Bent, so why cant it happen this January???

When? Do you have a time machine?

Of course it worries me, but 10 of those games were last season under McLeish. I also accept that forms change very often in football and see that just because we're not getting results now doesn't mean that will be the case for the rest of the season.

Did you have a time machine last season? I seem to remember plenty of doom and gloom predictions from you about the future under Mcleish. But now its ridiculous to suggest any predictions for the future.

Under houllier it was all the players fault, then under Mcleish it was all his fault and now you can't bring yourself to blame lambert or Lerner so you're full of wait and see and do you have a time machine.

Brilliant.

Did you have a time machine last season? I seem to remember plenty of doom and gloom predictions from you about the future under Mcleish. But now its ridiculous to suggest any predictions for the future.

Under houllier it was all the players fault, then under Mcleish it was all his fault and now you can't bring yourself to blame lambert or Lerner so you're full of wait and see and do you have a time machine.

Brilliant.

Yeah lots of blind loving blinkered deluded football mugs about mate... maybe they should try putting there money were there mouth is...

On the sand at wolverhampton...

I never said things like "when we are relegated" last season.

I never blamed the players entirely under Houllier, I never blamed McLeish entirely last season, I haven't absolved Lambert of blame for our poor start this season and I never said Lerner wasn't at fault. Stop putting words into my mouth.

It didn't happen last January when we needed it.

We were midtable in January last seaosn, whereas the season before we were in and around the relegation zone. If we're down there again we will spend.