Lettings Complaints against Agents

Demitri_C

Anyone know what the procedure is to make complaints against estate/lettings agents are? Where do you go?

My problem is we have let our house out and the tenant paid in advance the full amount for 8 months to the agents. My parents live abroad now so the plan was to pay me a percentage of the rent and the rest would go to my parents in Cyprus. Any problems with the property the agents are paid a percentage to resolve.

Ok three months in my parents have received no money from them and each month they have paid me less than the figure we instructed them to. In addition they have not been doing the maintence like they should do. I don’t think writing to head office will get me anywhere, where should I go? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

A bit of public humiliation never hurt anyone. March into their office and demand (loudly but politely) to see the manager because the Agency are currently ripping you off and pocketing the rent for themselves.

That ough to get their attention.

A bit of public humiliation never hurt anyone. March into their office and demand (loudly but politely) to see the manager because the Agency are currently ripping you off and pocketing the rent for themselves.

That ough to get their attention.

Actually did this once as a tenant, trying to get my deposit back. It worked, best to chose a busy time for the office when it has lots of prospectives in.

Arla is what you need. Will tell you everything you need to know, including how to submit a complaint to the Ombudsman.

Would imagine just a letter to the agent suggesting you'll be in touch with the above should be enough to get them moving.

Anyone know what the procedure is to make complaints against estate/lettings agents are? Where do you go?

My problem is we have let our house out and the tenant paid in advance the full amount for 8 months to the agents. My parents live abroad now so the plan was to pay me a percentage of the rent and the rest would go to my parents in Cyprus. Any problems with the property the agents are paid a percentage to resolve.

Ok three months in my parents have received no money from them and each month they have paid me less than the figure we instructed them to. In addition they have not been doing the maintence like they should do. I don’t think writing to head office will get me anywhere, where should I go? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

You must have the agreement in written form?

Arla is what you need. Will tell you everything you need to know, including how to submit a complaint to the Ombudsman.

Would imagine just a letter to the agent suggesting you'll be in touch with the above should be enough to get them moving.

This.

Just the realisation that I knew of ARLA had my old letting agent shuffling uncomfortably in his seat when I went for deposit showdown talks.

Â