!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!

Thats great.

I wake up, go work out then go to the lockerroom and turn on I-heart radio and the first thing I hear is BREAKING NEWS: THE BROWNS ARE ABOUT TO BE SOLD!...to the minority owner of the Steelers. Wonderful.

Stay tuned.

The timing kinda sucks. The day before training camp starts?

Lerner couldnt get it done as an owner. It was like he never wanted to do this anyways, so now we have a guy who WANTS to be an owner and will hopefully do a better job of "steering the ship", as it were. And his family is very philanthropic also and active within the community. AND his brother is the Governor of Tennessee.

Anybody else been wondering about the future of this subforum?

Don't see why. NFL fans are NFL fans whether Lerner has a team in the league or not. Regarding the Browns, I really couldn't care less. I have a team I support, sure I'd like them to do better than they are but only because that means the other teams in their division wouldn't be doing so well. :lol:

The deal will be in 2 parts, which means Randy Lerner will temporarily retain a minority ownership until the final payment is made. The first payment will be/was just over 700 million dollars. As of this morning, Jim Haslam is the primary owner.

Â