General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Hi General,

Living in NZ, as an ex-pat, as you can imagine it is difficult to get to VP very often, well anyway to cut to the chase, we have our first child on the way and I would love a signed baby size Villa shirt for my newborn (due 17th December), I am happy to pay for the shirt, but would like to know anyone I could contact to get the shirt signed before postage?

It would be most appreciated, not only from Tania (the other kiwi half) whom I have coverted to a life long Villa Fan (she get up in the early hours to watch the boys with me now) but especially by me, as a life long Villa Fan (Born in Sutton).

Cheers

Nick

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back from sea General K !! Long trip !! Been catching up with all the transfer news and results that ive missed over the last three months,, seems to me a few people are getting amnesia !! We are in a massively better place than we were not two years ago, and its down to Martin and Randy !! Brilliant !! Hope to get down for a game soon, looks like i'll be lucky to get a ticket with the av attendance going up !

General Krulak here:

1. I have not met Salifou yet and I do not know what his status is re. practicing, etc. I let MON worry about that. My sense is that he will join us when everything is ready. MON is on this.

2. As I have indicated earlier, the BCFC game is tentatively scheduled to be shown in both Holte Pub and Holte Suite.

3. I have heard nothing about transportation from Villa Park for that game. I can check into it.

4. For a special occasion such as the birth of a child "down under"...a Villa Fan from far away...I would contact Lee Preece at the Club and see what he can do. Obviously, this is a tough issue because if we do this for one fan, we should do it for all. One thought is that if you have a friend who is a Villa Fan, have them get the "kit" and we can see about getting it signed.

5. Kerms: Welcome home!!

Hello General

On the subject of baby gifts etc, I recently bought something online from the Villa store and one thing I think could be helpful is if it gives you a gift wrap/gift note option.

As it was a present for my friends newborn baby, I would have been quite happy to have it giftwrapped for a little bit extra and have the option to send a little note/card as well.

Cheers

Didier.

General,

Any idea as to why there are no infant away kits available for sale? I went to the Villa store today to buy my 7 year old son the away kit expecting to pay approx. £40 for the full numbered kit. After deducting my ST discount it cost me £68 for the lot, shirt/shorts/socks. Can the club seriously look at the costs charged for children's shorts and socks for all future kits.

General ,

You have mentioned on a number of posts the words , 5 year plan .

After the first year of Randys guidance and the rest of the troops are we where we need to be after 12 months ?

what are the expectations year on year and when 5 years is up where as a club would the board expect us to be ?

I ask out of a genuine interest in what is happening at Villa now and exitement at the prospect of major team and stadium improvements over that time .

Up the villa !

General, you mentioned that members of the Staffordshire regiment will be at Saturday's game. I think it would be a nice gesture for the stadium announcer to mention they are attending to give fans the chance to show our appreciation for the fantastic job they have been doing. Do you know if anything is planned? UTV SOTC

General, you mentioned that members of the Staffordshire regiment will be at Saturday's game. I think it would be a nice gesture for the stadium announcer to mention they are attending to give fans the chance to show our appreciation for the fantastic job they have been doing. Do you know if anything is planned? UTV SOTC

Oh what a good idea this is !!!

The yanks do this at all major venues and when the boat was at P'Can(florida) we went to sea world , and we couldnt believe the ovation they gave us when we were announced, brought a tear to my eye i tell ya !!

Public support for the forces is an area where the US is streets ahead , so so happy to see the General and Randy start moving villa in the right direction.

Thankyou

Oh what a good idea this is !!!

The yanks do this at all major venues and when the boat was at P'Can(florida) we went to sea world , and we couldnt believe the ovation they gave us when we were announced, brought a tear to my eye i tell ya !!

Public support for the forces is an area where the US is streets ahead , so so happy to see the General and Randy start moving villa in the right direction.

Thankyou

Good idea, and i would definitely stand up and give an ovation, but my worry is that the reaction might not be like that. With all the criticism over the Iraq war you never know what the reaction from a big group of people like that might be.

If anybody booed the troops (which I don't think they would) then they should hang their heads in shame. Footballers are often called heroes but these guys are true heroes. Whether you agree or disagree with Iraq/Afghanistan should be a matter for politicians. I think the Villa Park faithful are sensible enough to know the difference.

UTV SOTC

General Krulak here:

1. I think you will enjoy the tribute to the Staffs. We will have their flag on the big screen and they will be introduced and, hopefully, take a walk around the Pitch. As I have said before, we all have our feelings regarding Iraq and the foreign policy that has us in that Country. At the same time, we also know that these soldiers did not set the foreign policy...they are just doing what their Country asked them to do. They are away from home and loved ones...they have suffered casualties...and they have performed magnificently. We need to thank them for their service .....and never mind the policy. We can address the policy in our elections and in our letters to our elected officials. For these soldiers, we just need to thank them.

2. The 5 year Plan is multi-faceted. It encompasses the play on the pitch, the sales and marketing of the Aston Villa Football Club Brand, the infrastructure at the Club itself, the communications with the fans, the growth of our fan base, the excellence of our service to our fans, the relationship of our Club to the local community, etc. etc. I would say that our year one goals were met. Much has been accomplished "behind the scenes" to rejuvenate the Club in both attitude, infrastructure, and service. We have great people at the Club who have been eager to move forward and make AVFC a name to be recognized, not only in the UK, but world-wide. I cannot begin to tell you how proud we are of our people and the effort they have produced. We have a solid Squad and a superb Manager and set of Coaches...and we will only get better. Bodymoor Heath is world-class and will help us attract players as we move forward but, more importantly, will help the team in many ways. The future will bring more quality play on the Pitch, more infrastructure improvements, more brand awareness, even better fan service, greater and more coordinated sales and marketing, etc. etc.

General,

Any idea as to why there are no infant away kits available for sale? I went to the Villa store today to buy my 7 year old son the away kit expecting to pay approx. £40 for the full numbered kit. After deducting my ST discount it cost me £68 for the lot, shirt/shorts/socks. Can the club seriously look at the costs charged for children's shorts and socks for all future kits.

General,

I think you missed my earlier post above. Also I sincerely hope that the club are not considering a 3rd kit given that due to a change of sponsor all kits will be replaced in time for next season.

Gen

Can I ask (although I can't speak for anybody but myself here)

That the away kit is kept when the new sponsers are agreed next year. This is the best away kit we've had in years and I would love to buy it for me and the kids but, as it will basically be out of date in 7 months - just can't afford £120.

It would be a crying shame to ditch it after about 8 months (and presumably only one game as I can only see us wearing it at Upton Park unless we get Scunthorpe or Burnley in the cup !)

Hi General, thanks for the reply to the televising of the Blooz game I must have missed the orginal post, looking forward to it already !!!

Just a question on the recent answers to the latest SCG.

the point on the car parking was mentioned and I attended the EGM on the sale of the land. at this EGM the major concern was the loss of the car parking as many people appreciate the close vincity of such a large facility. according to the answer from Lee it appears after this season the facility may be withdrawn.

However at the EGM it was stated by the board present (the old one of course !!) that an agreement had been reached where at least some capacity (50% if I remember correctly) would be retained.

Can you please confirm therefore from Lee's answer that this was in fact not true ?