Watching Films/TV series online.

VillaGoMarching

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice, I used to know of sites which enabled you to watch episodes of TV series and films online before they were available to buy on DVD.

The ones I had bookmarked all seem to have gone offline.

Can some help me out? Preferably available through a PS3.

Many thanks.

Legally, your only option, especially through a PS3, is lovefilm or Netflix, but I'm not sure they have stuff on there before they come out on general DVD release.

Also, my Dad has Lovefilm instant and it's shit. There's nothing on it.

Anyway, what you're asking for sounds like pirating, which you'll struggle to get advice for on here, for the reason above ^^^

That's the big problem the companies are shooting themselves in the foot. The only reason Game of thrones for example was pirated so much was because there was nowhere to aquire it legally bar subscription to sky. Nobody wants pay tv, and then set sky box to record it. Then watch it. That is inconvenient. It's easier just torrenting it.

What needs to be done and will eventually happen is making these shows available quickly and easily for a reasonable price. People can pirate games on android devices, but because it's less convenient than using the play store people don't bother in any way significant numbers. The pricing also is a big factor.

I want a streaming service that I can subscribe to a show and watch it timely after its aired. I also don't want to pay dvd prices for something which is not worth that. The movie and music industry are such useless archaic organisations. They let apple make a killing with itunes when they should have simply bought napster

Did I say I was torrenting?

I am trying to discuss the flaws and reasons game of thrones was torrented so much.

So what way is there to see game of thrones for example without sky Atlantic?

See my point?

It's easier just torrenting it.

Your a fool if your torrenting.

Might as well walk down the high street with a big sign saying, i am illegally file sharing!

If you were to walk down the high street with that sign, I suspect it would get the same reaction as torrenting generally does, which is that no one would give a shit.

Whilst it's illegal, nobody cares if you do it, there's too many people doing it to police it...

So if no one cares, why does that make you a fool? If they wanted to catch you they could.... but that's a big if.

FWIW I don't actually torrent, but know plenty of people who do.

Ive used torrents for years on and off, but it always feels like a massive risk. the content i wanted i did actually download but 20 mins in i get met with the Cinavia protection software.

If anyone does know of any decent sites please PM me.

For what it's worth if i could find a site with the film i want to watch on it, i'd pay (within reason).

Nobody wants pay tv, and then set sky box to record it. Then watch it. That is inconvenient. It's easier just torrenting it.

I don't get this, what is difficult or inconvenient about finding the programme on the planner or using the sky app to search for the programme, press record and series link?

Or if you are a sky subscriber watch it when you want on demand or anywhere using sky go.

I know some people don't like sky but I personally think it is a great product and IMO good VFM even at full price, although I haven't paid full price for years.

Sky have some shows, but not all.

But my point was, I can choose a movie to watch and pay for it on its own which is great as I love choosing my cinema like that. But the same decisions are not available in tv shows.

I see what you mean now, you can normally get shows on itunes around the same time they air on sky or if you have a us account when they air over there. Not sure if you can do the same on play.

Â