Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll believe that when I see it. Just because Beckham got the huge money deal, doesn't mean that every other MLS club is ready to pony up for aging European stars at the present moment.

It's what they've done from day 1. Obviously Beckham's money is a first, but he's by no means the first ageing star to go over.

The Neill-debate: Above all they are getting a much better player than we do, arguement over. They spent the most money on RB and got a better one.

so you'd like a player like lucas neil to be given a £50,000 per week contract?

I've got no problems in giving that sort of money to players like SWP and Bent but i do have giving it to lucas neil. Like i said i doubt it would go down well with some of our players and i'd rather have a young player wanting to play first team football than someone who left a club to join one in the relegation zone becaue they offered him a shit load of money

50k a week for Lucas Neill is ridiculous. I would rather invest in the youth of Bardsley, even if we don't sign him permanently than pay almost triple a players actual worth (based on market conditions).

agree with that, there is no way i'd want us offering those sort of wages to lucas neil.

I wouldn't imagine some of our players being very happy if someone as average as lucas neil is coming into the team and earning shit loads more than themselves.

West ham can have him.

What is the salary for our players? Anyone knows? If Lucas Neill is so average..why does bigger clubs...MUCH bigger clubs than Villa and West Ham want him? Does anyone, besides us...be interested in our own crap? Nope!

Many people here lift up our own players to something remarkable...and I cant believe it...our players are mediocre and that is the reason why no one is interested in our players. Reality check please...

I should say that half the squad must be overpaid!

Well..today is the 18th...just about 13 days left for us...clock is ticking...

If Lucas Neill is so average..why does bigger clubs...MUCH bigger clubs than Villa and West Ham want him?

Do they? why has he not gone to these big clubs then?

Many people here lift up our own players to something remarkable...and I cant believe it...our players are mediocre and that is the reason why no one is interested in our players. Reality check please...

Just because we don't want to give an average player like lucas neil £50,000 a week doesn't mean we think our players are superb. I want alot of players replaced and i hope we do offer QUALITY players large wages but i don't want lucas neil on that kind of money at this club

The Neill-debate: Above all they are getting a much better player than we do, arguement over. They spent the most money on RB and got a better one.

I actually think Bardsley will be a much better player than Neill. Therefore, in my opinion, your argument is pointless.

If Lucas Neill is so average..why does bigger clubs...MUCH bigger clubs than Villa and West Ham want him?

Because the firm offer that Liverpool have on the table (and there is one) has just been gazumped by West Ham. If Liverpool want him then he's good enough for me. Not sure about the £50k but I think gone are the days of that being top dollar. You'd be looking at giving the likes of SWP closer to £70k.

I actually think Bardsley will be a much better player than Neill. Therefore, in my opinion, your argument is pointless.

based on what? Neill is captain of his country, led them into the WC finals, and is a top player in his position. Bardsley couldn't even get a game at Rangers.

:roll:

Because the firm offer that Liverpool have on the table (and there is one) has just been gazumped by West Ham. If Liverpool want him then he's good enough for me. Not sure about the £50k but I think gone are the days of that being top dollar. You'd be looking at giving the likes of SWP closer to £70k.

Liverpool are not prepared to pay a player, who in reality is likely to be a suad player, ridiculous amounts of money. I say this as I think Finnan is an excellent player, certainly better than Neill.

Liverpool are not prepared to pay a player, who in reality is likely to be a suad player, ridiculous amounts of money.

Exactly

Lucas Neil may well be an improvement on what we've got but surely we haven't reached the stage were we have to pay the likes of him £50,000 a week.

Just because we don't want to give an average player like lucas neil £50,000 a week doesn't mean we think our players are superb. I want alot of players replaced and i hope we do offer QUALITY players large wages but i don't want lucas neil on that kind of money at this club

He choosed West Ham before Liverpool...and Benitez went crazy over the fact that Neill decided to take a bigger pay check. Maybe Benitez thinks too good about himself and his Liverpool...and that West Ham showed ambition and that they really wanted him. I am happy that players choose the less famous teams sometime.

Lucas Neill is a very good defender and he gets credit everywhere for that...your opinion does count...but I rest my belief in the sorts of Liverpool and Juventus (that were after him a while ago). West Ham shows ambition...they want to build a strong team and they are on the way of doing just that...

Ok..Boa Morte and Quashie might not be world class players, but I will tell you that Curbishley isnt bloody stupid...he knows what he want and I for one hails his work at Charlton...where he made a mediocre side much better with small money. So...if he pay up for players like Boa Morte, Quashie and Neill...then I bet you that he will get result. I trust him as much as I trust our own manager Martin O´Neill.

£50.000 is gossip...all of a sudden you believe gossip? It is hilarious...

Sometimes (or all the time if your a Villa fan in recent times :cry: ) you just have to concede defeat in a transfer situation. If Neill goes, or is gone to WHam and I dont know the news, then it is our loss and their gain, end of story. However, if they go down, I dont know where that leaves him. I dont think he can sign for a third club this year. Anyway, if money was the reason he goes to an undesirable club than good riddance to him. We want to pay the going rate but we dont want merceneries (unless their really good!)

Lucas Neill was one of the players of the World Cup.

Hiddink played him as a sweeper, rather than a right-back, and he was outstanding for the entire WC campaign bar the final minute when he "appeared" to give away a "penalty" to that cheating scumbag Grosso.

Liverpool were very keen and Barcelona were keen too, through Johan Neeskens who was asst coach of the Aussie team now Asst Manager at Barcelona.

If a living legend like Neeskens thinks he's good enough for Barcelona then I think that's a pretty good reference.

THAT SAID....I am pretty disappointed at his mercenary behaviour - shock horror from a footballer I know - but I'm a big fan of Lucas and it seems he pulled a fast one on his club. His original reason for leaving Blackburn was a dream move to a big club like Liverpool or Barcelona, and here he is going for the relegation fodder that is West Ham.

Mind you, if someone offered me a an extra 25 grand a week i'd probably take it and run too.

I'd love to have him in a Villa shirt but not if he was just coming to cash his big fat cheques every week.

If I was the Rovers boss I'd say $@ you very much Lucas, but you can play with us for the rest of your contract.

based on what? Neill is captain of his country, led them into the WC finals, and is a top player in his position. Bardsley couldn't even get a game at Rangers.

How many times have you actually seen either of them play?

Whenever I have seen Neill in the Premiership I have been far from convinced about him. I saw Bardsley in action in his small number of games for United and Rangers and thought he looked a great prospect.

Is that ok for you?

Lucas Neill was one of the players of the World Cup.

Hiddink played him as a sweeper, rather than a right-back, and he was outstanding for the entire WC campaign bar the final minute when he "appeared" to give away a "penalty" to that cheating scumbag Grosso.

Liverpool were very keen and Barcelona were keen too, through Johan Neeskens who was asst coach of the Aussie team now Asst Manager at Barcelona.

If a living legend like Neeskens thinks he's good enough for Barcelona then I think that's a pretty good reference.

THAT SAID....I am pretty disappointed at his mercenary behaviour - shock horror from a footballer I know - but I'm a big fan of Lucas and it seems he pulled a fast one on his club. His original reason for leaving Blackburn was a dream move to a big club like Liverpool or Barcelona, and here he is going for the relegation fodder that is West Ham.

Mind you, if someone offered me a an extra 25 grand a week i'd probably take it and run too.

I'd love to have him in a Villa shirt but not if he was just coming to cash his big fat cheques every week.

If I was the Rovers boss I'd say $@ you very much Lucas, but you can play with us for the rest of your contract.

If Barca really wanted him and thought he was good enough, I have no doubt that he would be heading there. However, as he has not gone there, I can only assume that he is no longer good enough as they haven't signed any other right back instead.

trust him as much as I trust our own manager Martin O´Neill.

Not once have i seen us linked with neil or read anywhere that MON was interested in neil so if you trust the manager why moan about the fact we haven't brought a player he probably wasn't interested in.

How many times have you actually seen either of them play?

Whenever I have seen Neill in the Premiership I have been far from convinced about him. I saw Bardsley in action in his small number of games for United and Rangers and thought he looked a great prospect.

Is that ok for you?

Just voicing my opinion and frustration at the lack of this club's ambition. We needed a RB, and an experienced one was available in Neil.

On the other hand it shows that money talks and it is possible to gazzump the top 4.