Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your going to be disappointed then Nick and as i said before its ridiculous to lose faith in MON because he signs someone you don't like (defoe scored twice last night by the way) Why lose faith? The players has not played under MON you cannot possible know how good or bad they will be.

Signing players like Saviola and D'Allesandro, flair players that don't work as a team and will by the last players on MON list, thats for sure.

Your living in a dream world if you think were signing players like that its also a dream that they will do anything special; See Real Madrid for evidence of that!

Why is it ridicules to lose faith, we aren't playing great footie at the mo, if when MON gets the signing he want and that improves fine, I can't see it with Defoe or Rodney Trotter...

Horses for courses I guess..

What makes you so sure he'll sign Defoe or Crouch.... you know something we don't, anything 100% gospel??

What makes you so sure he'll sign Defoe or Crouch.... you know something we don't, anything 100% gospel??

Not at all, i don't think we will sign either tbh.

I am just surprised by another sweeping statement from yourself. :?

Your going to be disappointed then Nick and as i said before its ridiculous to lose faith in MON because he signs someone you don't like (defoe scored twice last night by the way) Why lose faith? The players has not played under MON you cannot possible know how good or bad they will be.

Signing players like Saviola and D'Allesandro, flair players that don't work as a team and will by the last players on MON list, thats for sure.

Your living in a dream world if you think were signing players like that its also a dream that they will do anything special; See Real Madrid for evidence of that!

Actually Saviola is very much a team player. He works hard and is exremely popular with his team mates and Barca fans like him a lot. If we signed him I'd be very pleased indeed. I don't rate D'Allesandro. I'd prefer his team mate Diego Melito, a very good striker.

Not at all, i don't think we will sign either tbh.

I am just surprised by another sweeping statement from yourself. :?

Why is it a sweeping statement, it is my, MY Opinion... I we sign player I don't rate it will raise questions... I don't see this MON can do no wrong thinking, great manager no doubt, but infallible, don't make me laugh, even the PL most successful Manager make bloody howlers all the time...

If we re-sign Crouch or Defoe, I will lose faith in MON

Followed by

if when MON gets the signing he want and that improves fine

Managed to change your whole opinion from one sweeping statement to another.

I know its your opinion, its just completely bizarre!

Especially as MON has not really fecked up with the limited signings he has made along with you haven't seen how these 'shit' players play under MON.

i.e its a sweeping statement.

No, I'll lose faith because I believe that Crouch and/or Defoe will not improve the team and will be a waste of money, however I don't believe that MON will sign either of these players.

Why is it bizarre, you sound like the believers in The Life of Brian, "MON you must be the messiah, I should know I've followed a few"

TBH, neither Defoe nor Crouch are likely to move. Crouch seems to be happy at Liverpool, even if he is not playing masses due to the Rafa's rotation system. He will not leave in January. Defoe is now getting games because Keane is injured beyond the January transfer window, therefore will be pratically guarenteed first team football until after January. This means he will not leave in January.

Saviola COULD be an option. I remember one the reasons last year he didn't move was because he needed a year to become a Spanish citizen. I think he is now a Spanish citizen and therefore could be looking to move. Yes he also said that Villa were not a club he wanted to go to last year, but as we all know, a lot can change in a year...

With D'Allesandro, same reasons as to why we don't need Reo-Coker, we don't need to improve the central midfield, particularly attacking midfielders. So I don't think MON will be going for either (D'Allesandro or Reo-Coker).

Nick, If MON sigs Crouch, you say you will lose a bit of faith in him...

But if Crouch then goes on to score 10 goals before the end of the season, how will you feel about him then?

Same with Defoe...

If we re-sign Crouch or Defoe, I will lose faith in MON... Crouch is cack, and we all know what I think of Defoe...

Would love Saviola and D'Allesandro!!

MON on a phone in a few weeks back more or less dismissed saviola, saying he didn't think he was that good a player anymore.