Trains

chappy

I know tickets aren't on sale yet but I would advise booking trains now if that's how you plan on getting to Norwich because it isn't cheap and will only go up in price. I managed to get a return from Leeds for 17 quid by splitting the journey at Peterborough but I think it's going to be more expensive from Birmingham, looks like you have to go via London on the way there.

• 4 weeks later...

Been looking at trains and prices for this game, the only possible route I can see from Birmingham to Norwich on the actual day of the game to get you there in time is ridiculous.

Leaves Birmingham at 8.30, to London Euston, followed by a tube to Kings Cross, then a train to Cambridge, then a train to Norwich arriving at 2.15 so not enough time for a pub session pre match. This is pushing £90 too :/

Is there another way?

Been looking at trains and prices for this game, the only possible route I can see from Birmingham to Norwich on the actual day of the game to get you there in time is ridiculous.

Leaves Birmingham at 8.30, to London Euston, followed by a tube to Kings Cross, then a train to Cambridge, then a train to Norwich arriving at 2.15 so not enough time for a pub session pre match. This is pushing £90 too :/

Is there another way?

Cans on the train, cheaper than the pub. That'll make up some of the £90.

Although the coach is a much better option, i went with Redditch supporters club for the Stoke game on Boxing day, they allow cans on the coach and got there in decent time.

Is there another way?

Yeh the earliest I can get to Norwich via train from where I am is 3:15. The return train ticket will cost me £45, so I'm staying over in Norwich on the Sat night before which will also cost about £45.

• 4 weeks later...
Or Norwich itself, which is what we're doing. £25 each in the city centre premier inn with parking.

I did look at trains and the prices were ridiculous.

Agree, got qouted £46.00 for a train ticket (one way) cheaper to fly to Madrid.

Â