Sports Betting

mikeyp102

Hi

I don't bet online, but wondering if anyone did and if so if anyone knew whether it was possible to bet on an individual team performance ie Man City to win the next 5 games...

Many thanks in advance

(Apologies if this is the wrong area or a thread is already set up, couldn't find anything)

A bet like the one you are asking for is not something a website typically provides. For those special requests you would have to walk into a bookies and ask the clerk who will then make a phone call and come back to you with a price.

I wanted to put a double on for England's games against Spain and Sweden. They refused at William Hill as they wouldn't provide odds for the second match until the first match had finished. It depends if you have an idiot serving you at the bookies.

/\ That's a distinct possibility coda. The difference with the Man City request is that City will want to win every game equally. They won't take their foot off the gas for one game depending on the result of the previous. So the odds in a competitive league will stay relatively stable. That's not necessarily the case for international games.

Job done. Some bookies don't like risk. I switched online bookie because the odds were consistently shite (less risky to them) on the old site. Goodbye paddypower, hello Victor Chandler.

I tutted at the cashier in William Hill and went next door to Ladbrokes and put the same bet on without an issue.

Good work, in the William Hill instance you encountered a classic case of 'the can't be arsed with customer service' cashier :)

• 2 weeks later...
Job done. Some bookies don't like risk. I switched online bookie because the odds were consistently shite (less risky to them) on the old site. Goodbye paddypower, hello Victor Chandler.

Get thee to Pinnacle.

[table]

[row][mcol]Pinnacle[mcol]Victor Chandler[mcol]Betfair (net of 5% commission)

[mrow]Napoli[col]2.35[col]2.40[col]2.35[col]Victor

[mrow]Chelsea[col]3.44[col]3.25[col]3.33[col]Pinnacle

[mrow]Draw[col]3.29[col]3.25[col]3.14[col]Pinnacle

[mrow]Theoretical hold[col]1.98%[col]3.11%[col]4.24%[col]Pinnacle

[row]

[mrow]CSKA[col]8.80[col]8.50[col]8.03[col]Pinnacle

[mrow]Madrid[col]1.43[col]1.44[col]1.44[col]Victor/Betfair

[mrow]Draw[col]4.75[col]4.50[col]4.71[col]Pinnacle

[mrow]Theoretical hold[col]2.30%[col]3.32%[col]3.04%[col]Pinnacle

[row]

[mrow]Basel[col]6.25[col]6.50[col]6.32[col]Victor

[mrow]Bayern[col]1.64[col]1.62[col]1.63[col]Pinnacle