Villa launch Tickets for Schools scheme

TRS-T

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2587294,00.html

Very good idea but don't really see the point in going to a school in Sutton Coldfield where we already have a strong fanbase.

The headteacher alluded to this

We have a lot of Villa fans here at Boldmere Primary School and we may have a few more soon with this great scheme.

What we need to do is target inner-city Birmingham where there is a high ethnic minority population - areas like Aston, Handsworth, Lozells, Nechells, Small Heath, Hockley, Winson Green, Sparkbrook, Ward End, Ladywood, Saltley etc.

These are the areas where we lose support to Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2587294,00.html

Very good idea but don't really see the point in going to a school in Sutton Coldfield where we already have a strong fanbase.

The headteacher alluded to this

We have a lot of Villa fans here at Boldmere Primary School and we may have a few more soon with this great scheme.

What we need to do is target inner-city Birmingham where there is a high ethnic minority population - areas like Aston, Handsworth, Lozells, Nechells, Small Heath, Hockley, Winson Green, Sparkbrook, Ward End, Ladywood, Saltley etc.

These are the areas where we lose support to Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal.

You don't honestly think we're going to target the same school in Boldmere every week do you?

Those poor kids having to watch our home games.

:lol:

In my experience kids have a better ability to enjoy the match without the need to over scrutinize the good, the bad and the ugly. My 14 year old son has been going to Villa Park matches since he was 4 (season ticket holder since he was 6) and he's now as keen as ever! :shock: :D

He's invited a friend for 2 matches which were a 0-0 and the recent 0-2 defeat against Swansea. His friend's response? "Can I go again soon please?" :bonk:

If you go to Newcastle, everyone supports Newcastle.

It should be like that in Birmingham (with Villa obviously.)

You say that but then in another thread you say you want SHA to be successful. :?

Everyone in Birmingham should support Villa or Blues (or Albion.)

You say that but then in another thread you say you want SHA to be successful. :?

Yeah but you just said everyone in Birmingham should support Villa. :?

I respect anyone that supports a local team, be that Villa, Blues or Albion.

Yeah but you're contradicting yourself. You say you want Birmingham to be completely Villa (we all want that) yet you also want SHA to be successful. The former can't happen if the latter is true.

I live in nuneaton , many times this season my lad who is 11 has wanted to take a mate with him but £25 is just stupid.

This is a great idea , bring it to nuneaton i say , lots of untapped potential support.

Yeah but you're contradicting yourself. You say you want Birmingham to be completely Villa (we all want that) yet you also want SHA to be successful. The former can't happen if the latter is true.

I want to eradicate Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal from Birmingham.

Completely Villa and Blues is fine with me.

The approach is worthwhile and even if it only attracts a fairly small % of the population of the target area then it's better than nothing.

But without any kind of long running family connection would many of us actually choose to support the Villa? The location thing is probably the only factor, if you're wanting to go to a lot of games and live in Brum then Villa are still the most attractive option in the midlands.

But if you have no desire to go to games or cant afford to then out of all the clubs in the country can you really expect people to choose to support Villa?

My family is pretty evenly split Blues and Villa I therefore had a choice to make, at the time it wasn't a tough decision I chose the most successful of the 2.

My old primary school! And many a villa season ticket holder has come from that area.

They won't be going to the same school every week, but it is important to go to areas where the chances of them having a long lasting villa relationship are likely, otherwise its effort down the drain. In boldmere you can get the train to villa in 10-15 minutes direct.

Also, fottball is a money game these days. Affluence will be targeted, rightly or wrongly. Aston is in top 1% most deprived in the country, I think a lot of families there have bigger worries than being able to go to a football match. But villa do still do great things in communities like that.

This scheme amounts to child cruelty on a grand scale. Fancy asking young impressionable kids to watch that dross!!
:yawn:

Already said last week. Do try to keep up! :winkold:

Those poor kids having to watch our home games.

:lol:

In my experience kids have a better ability to enjoy the match without the need to over scrutinize the good, the bad and the ugly. My 14 year old son has been going to Villa Park matches since he was 4 (season ticket holder since he was 6) and he's now as keen as ever! :shock: :D

He's invited a friend for 2 matches which were a 0-0 and the recent 0-2 defeat against Swansea. His friend's response? "Can I go again soon please?" :bonk:

Â