Super Bowl XLVI

Tegis

Winners?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Winners?

• Patriots
    • Giants

Cheers dude, congrats to the PATs also, it was a great season for them honoring MHK. Belichick and Wilfork deserve huge credit for making that D a good unit in the end and thats all you can ask for to be playing your best football at the end of the season.

Id be gutted if we had lost too, but thats not to take away the journey there and division championship.

As for Brady and Welker i just think its the pass rush that is in Brady's head, he is flappable, he can be panicked and that was evident there in the 4th quarter. Thats not to take anything away, he is still one of the best ever and will play a few more years and perhaps get back into the Super Bowl without the most clutch QB in NFL History (yeah i said it) on the other sideline! Then he can get his 4th and id most likely root for him, i like the PATs and the Kraft family, they seem genuine. #12 jersey is also the first i ever owned so there you go!

I am glad there are people over this side of the pond passionate about the game like me and Kurt and everyone on this board. Its probably become my biggest passion sporting wise, the NFL and the Giants. We need to adopt some of the trends of the sport over here that encourage parity and more competition. Our football becomes less and less interesting to me and while getting an oligarch or something to plow ridiculous money into Villa would allow us to compete again it would just feel hollow that we are essentially bullying the competition due to our much greater financial power.

At least we could **** McLeish off and perhaps win something in such a situation though! lol!

This is amusing though!

Uh oh: Gisele blames the receivers after the Patriots Super Bowl XLVI loss

There was a nice post-game scene last night following Super Bowl XLVI, where Gisele went running down the hallway yelling for her husband, found Tom Brady, and embraced him in an emotional hug.

It turns out, there was emotion all around… and some of it may get the Brazilian supermodel in some hot water. In the aftermath, while walking with several players wives, Gisele was taunted by a Giants fan who said Giants QB Eli Manning owned Brady.

Her response was caught on video by a site and TV show called “The Insider,” and this is it. Gisele, who Brady says can get fiery after games, rips the receivers. Late in the game, Wes Welker, Aaron Hernandez and Deion Branch all failed to come up with tough catches. We know this. But to hear her say it… it’s noteworthy.

“You (have) to catch the ball when you’re supposed to catch the ball,” Gisele said, responding to the fan, via The Big Lead. “My husband cannot (expletive) throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time. I can’t believe they dropped the ball so many times.”

link

And grats to Kurt and kkr... even though you support the Evil Empire, it's good to see passionate fans from your part of the world.

Cheers mate. It shows class to be gracious in defeat in a game like that, fair play. :thumb:

Evil Empire though? The Giants aren't that bad are we? At least I'm not a Yankee fan. :)

This game was supposed to be the empire strikes back for the PATS, according to one of the Boston papers, which wouldn't have been great but i could have dealt with knowing there would be a return down the line somewhere! Nevermind though!

Belichick and the Patriots staff ultimately are what cost the Patriots the game, IMO.

* Why was Gronk playing? A fit Ochocinco (how many plays was he on? Not that many more than the one he caught for 20 yards, I think), Edelman, etc. would have done a lot more than a hurt Gronk

* Twelve **** men on the field!!!!!

* I think Brady was hurt at the end... might it have made sense to put Hoyer in?

That said, you did see some great situational awareness and coaching from the defense in allowing Bradshaw to score, and that was pure Belichick. Seeing him realize when he was at the half-yard line that he needed to put on the brakes and failing was beyond amusing.

He knew he had to stop but the goaline was right there and its the Super Bowl for the go ahead score. Selfish move really, but i dont blame him for it.

Statistically a FG from where we were is a 90%+ play, but id rather take the 4 point lead and then rely on my D with just under 60 seconds to go. Worked out ok, even if it did come down to a prayer.

Eli, Brady, Coughlin, Weatherford set Super Bowl records

Posted by Mike Florio on February 6, 2012, 1:02 AM EST

Super Bowl XLVI Getty Images

Super Bowl XLVI is in the books. And four men have added their names to the Super Bowl record books.

Courtesy of the NFL, the men who set Super Bowl records on Sunday night were Eli Manning, Tom Brady, Tom Coughlin, and Steve Weatherford.

Eli has the most completions to start a Super Bowl game with nine. Brady has the most consecutive completions in Super Bowl history with 16. Brady also is the career Super Bowl leader in attempts (197), completions (127), and yards (1,277).

At 65, Coughlin is the oldest coach to ever win a Super Bowl. Weatherford has the most punts inside the 10 yard line in one game, with three.

Most importantly for Eli, Coughlin, and Weatherford: They’ll soon have brand-new Super Bowl rings.

link

The Giants are the first ever 9-7 team to win it all also.

A TD was definitely better, but if you ran one more play, you'd either force the Patriots to burn their last timeout or let the clock run down: either way (assuming that you don't miss the FG or turn the ball over...), you've basically left the Patriots needing at least a kickoff return to midfield.

The run of mostly decent Super Bowls over the past few years continues

XLVI (4 points; Patriots led at halftime)

XLV (6 points)

XLIV (Colts led at halftime)

XLIII (4 points)

XLII (3 points, Patriots led at halftime)

XXXIX (3 points)

XXXVIII (3 points)

XXXVI (3 points)

XXXIV (7 points)

XXXII (7 points)

XXVIII (Bills led at halftime)

XXV (1 point, Bills led at halftime)

XXIII (4 points)

XXI (Broncos led at halftime)

XVII (Dolphins led at halftime)

XVI (5 points)

XIV (Rams led at halftime)

XIII (4 points)

X (4 points)

VII (7 points)

V (3 points, Cowboys led at halftime)

That's as many at-least-decent games in the 40s as there were in the first 14, and this "decade" only needs one more to match the 30s' 6.

I'll call a final margin of less than 8 or a game where the losing team led at halftime at least decent

Think the Manningham 38-yarder will go down as the big one. Not only did it put us at midfield, but it cost the Pats what turned out to be a crucial timeout. Had they not challenged, we couldn't have run the clock near the end and may have only ended up with a FG.

And grats to Kurt and kkr... even though you support the Evil Empire, it's good to see passionate fans from your part of the world.

Cheers mate. It shows class to be gracious in defeat in a game like that, fair play. :thumb:

Evil Empire though? The Giants aren't that bad are we? At least I'm not a Yankee fan. :)

For me, all NY teams are part of the Evil Empire!

Belichick and the Patriots staff ultimately are what cost the Patriots the game, IMO.

* Why was Gronk playing? A fit Ochocinco (how many plays was he on? Not that many more than the one he caught for 20 yards, I think), Edelman, etc. would have done a lot more than a hurt Gronk

* Twelve **** men on the field!!!!!

* I think Brady was hurt at the end... might it have made sense to put Hoyer in?

That said, you did see some great situational awareness and coaching from the defense in allowing Bradshaw to score, and that was pure Belichick. Seeing him realize when he was at the half-yard line that he needed to put on the brakes and failing was beyond amusing.

Why was Ridley in for Kevin Faulk? We could have used some dump off passes to Faulk like the old days. I'm not even sure I saw Ridley play...

Think the Manningham 38-yarder will go down as the big one. Not only did it put us at midfield, but it cost the Pats what turned out to be a crucial timeout. Had they not challenged, we couldn't have run the clock near the end and may have only ended up with a FG.

personally i said "thats the game" after welker dropped the catch, i know it wasnt a perfect throw but (unlike our yank commentator friends) id expect him to get that 99/100

as soon as that happened i thought the giants would be good for FG, really didnt expect the way the TD happened, it took me a replay to realise what was happening, i thought the way he fell in was some sort of celebration

Think Welker's getting a bit too much stick. He was fairly open and looking inside, for some reason Brady threw it outside forcing WW to have to jump and twist his body mid-air, against his momentum. It's a catch you expect him to make, but then you expect Brady to make a decent pass to an open receiver too.

If it was a pre-game party I'd be fairly annoyed :) As it's a post-game party I fail to see how I'd have any right to be annoyed at a team enjoying themselves. Are you supposed to sulk in your room for 8 months after reaching a superbowl and losing? Maybe in a sanctimonious world that demands penance you are, but not in the real world. Leave them at it.

Â