Could Noah's Ark hold all the animals?

steaknchips

If people want to make out that sticking to Bible principles is bigotry then fine...go with it.

"If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them." (Leviticus 20:13)

Seems fairly bigoted to me

Old Testament again...

interesting how no one seems to mention Judaism btw - orthodox Judaism is pretty much as literal as steaknchips take on things..

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get two birds. Kill one. Dip the live bird in the blood of the dead one. Sprinkle the blood on the leper seven times, and then let the blood-soaked bird fly away. Next find a lamb and kill it. Wipe some of its blood on the patient's right ear, thumb, and big toe. Sprinkle seven times with oil and wipe some of the oil on his right ear, thumb and big toe. Repeat. Finally find another pair of birds. Kill one and dip the live bird in the dead bird's blood. Wipe some blood on the patient's right ear, thumb, and big toe. Sprinkle the house with blood 7 times.

This is God's cure for leprosy according to Leviticus 14:2-52

Why wouldn't you take the bible literally!

More hilarity from Leviticus

Leviticus chapter 12:2: ...If a woman have conceived seed, and born a man child: then she shall be unclean seven days...

Leviticus chapter 12:5: But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks...

JulieB wrote

If people want to make out that sticking to Bible principles is bigotry then fine...go with it.

"If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them." (Leviticus 20:13)

Seems fairly bigoted to me

That's the law that the Jews were under. I think they choose not to carry that out anymore.

Jesus both fulfilled the Mosaic Law and put in place a new set of standards that didn't include stoning anyone for adultery, or being Gay.

In fact when the Pharisees brought a woman who had been found guilty for adultery ... this is what the Bible says he did.

(John 8:1-11) 3 Now the scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman caught at adultery, and, after standing her in their midst, 4 they said to him: “Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of committing adultery. 5 In the Law Moses prescribed for us to stone such sort of women. What, really, do you say?” 6 Of course, they were saying this to put him to the test, in order to have something with which to accuse him. But Jesus bent down and began to write with his finger in the ground. 7 When they persisted in asking him, he straightened up and said to them: “Let the one of YOU that is sinless be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 And bending over again he kept on writing in the ground. 9 But those who heard this began going out, one by one, starting with the older men, and he was left alone, and the woman that was in their midst. 10 Straightening up, Jesus said to her: “Woman, where are they? Did no one condemn you?” 11 She said: “No one, sir.” Jesus said: “Neither do I condemn you. Go your way; from now on practice sin no more.”

Genesis chapter 19:30-38: Lot gets drunk, has sex with both of his daughters and makes them both pregnant (earlier on he offered them to a gang of rapists, Genesis 9:8 ).

2 Peter chapter 2:6-8. Lot is given as an example of a "righteous man".

King David wrote that Psalm I quoted from he committed adultery with Bathsheba.... he also put her husband on the front line of battle so he would be killed.... so he could marry her and attempt to hide her pregnancy.

That was heinous sin far outweighing the sexual sin it was murder.

However God forgave him when he sincerely repented and practised that no more.

Christ. The worst thing I've done in the last 5 years or so was call my ex a word removed and threaten to beat her new fella up if she didn't pay her phone bill on time.

True.

(Acts 10:34-35) . . .For a certainty I perceive that God is not partial, 35 but in every nation the man that fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him.

Therefore whatever race, creed or colour whatever sin or former course of conduct that a person has God is not interested... If he wishes to adhere to God's standards set out by Jesus then he is acceptable in God's eyes as a Christian.

What he is expected to do is (Colossians 3:9-10) . . .Strip off the old personality with its practices, 10 and clothe yourselves with the new [personality],. . .

Mark chapter 16:16: They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Thirty-five christians died in America between 1936 and 1973 as a result of handling rattlesnakes. In 1998, John Wayne "Punkin" Brown, the leader of Rock House Holiness Church in Alabama died from a rattlesnake bite, leaving his 5 children orphaned as his wife Melinda had also been killed 3 years earlier handling rattlesnakes.

Genesis chapter 19:30-38: Lot gets drunk, has sex with both of his daughters and makes them both pregnant (earlier on he offered them to a gang of rapists, Genesis 9:8 ).

2 Peter chapter 2:6-8. Lot is given as an example of a "righteous man".

1. Lot's daughters got him drunk actually so that they could have sex with him to bear children.. didn't make it right at all but the Bible didn't try and pull the wool over anyone's eyes - surely that's a sign of authenticity when the Bible has the honesty to say what actually happened and not gloss it over with mush!

2. Yes he did offer his daughters to the men of Sodom... but then he knew they wanted to have sex with males. He was desperate to save the City of Sodom from destruction and to stop them trying to have sex with two male angels sent by God.... If you look back at the context you will see Lot argued with God about saving the Cities because of finding righteos men.

Sodom's inhabitants were having sex with children and beasts etc.

I'm curious as to steaknchips and Julie's views on pre-marital sex.

I mean I can guess Julie's, watchtower is very clear that it's a sin and you shouldn't even think about it.

Ive already answered this...

*Posts a bunch of Bible quotes*

Either you're now claiming authorship of the Bible or you haven't answered at all. It's **** amazing how little thinking you do. Does it not scare the shit out of you that you have no opinions of your own? Whoever indoctrinated you must have had a **** field day!

Julie, are you sure of your ancestry going back 10 generations? Any bastards in there and you can't be in the Lord's congregation

Deuteronomy Chapter 23:2 A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD.

Fundy Christian courting must be hilarious.

And the fundy Christian sex life must be like the sketch 'the Protestant view' from the Meaning of Life - 'we've got 2 children, and we've sexual intercourse twice'. That or there must be a lot of hand wringing and consulting scripture before you even consider getting down and dirty.

Julie or steaknchips. Please tell me you don't believe Numbers 5:12-31 literally?

I don't think you are at all interested in what the answer is to that question you are just trying to post up scriptures taken out completely out of context to try and catch someone out.

Adultery was not permitted under the Mosaic Law - as it is in some Muslim countries today. If a man or woman committed adultery they could be stoned to death under that Law.

However as I showed with King David who added to his crime of adultery with the wife of one of his generals.... by having the woman's husband killed in battle, he sincerely repented and was spared the sentance as was Bathsheba.

Julie or steaknchips. Please tell me you don't believe Numbers 5:12-31 literally?

I don't think you are at all interested in what the answer is to that question you are just trying to post up scriptures taken out completely out of context to try and catch someone out.

Adultery was not permitted under the Mosaic Law - as it is in some Muslim countries today. If a man or woman committed adultery they could be stoned to death under that Law.

However as I showed with King David who added to his crime of adultery with the wife of one of his generals.... by having the woman's husband killed in battle, he sincerely repented and was spared the sentance as was Bathsheba.

Please focus. Do you believe the following is true or made up:

27And when he hath made her to drink the water, then it shall come to pass, that, if she be defiled, and have done trespass against her husband, that the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall rot: and the woman shall be a curse among her people.

If you believe in belly-swelling and thigh rotting then I'm afraid you're retarded.

Well Well it was pointed out to me earlier that I had made lots of posts that had nothing to do with the Title of this thread.

And yet lots and lots of VT Atheists try and turn this into a faith/Bible V No God discussion yet again......

Please focus. Do you believe the following is true or made up:

27And when he hath made her to drink the water, then it shall come to pass, that, if she be defiled, and have done trespass against her husband, that the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall rot: and the woman shall be a curse among her people.

If you believe in belly-swelling and thigh rotting then I'm afraid you're retarded.

You just don't understand the circumstances do you.....Jehovah's prescence was with the Israelites. His visible cloud was above the Ark of the Covenent for everyone to see. I know that might seem far fetched but that is why the Israelites were feared throughout the lands of Palestine & further afield. iT might also explain, if it's true which I doubt, why Alexander the Great might have wanted to be buried with the Ark.

Have you seen what other nations were doing at this same time in the name of their religious belief system? No I'll bet you haven't even given it a passing thought!

Anyhow if it was difficult for the Judges to decide on someone's guilt they could then bring that person before God. If they were gulity then the visisble sign would be upon them and the Judges would recognise that person's guilt.

Of course if you don't beleive in God then you won't believe anything supernatural could happen in anycase. So why are you asking the question?

I wonder how many have dabbled with Ouija boards on VT?

and when strange things happen or when someone else tells them weird things happen with the board do they dismiss them as retarded?

If you do not beleive in anything supernatural or spiritual then fine that is your choice. A physical man cannot understand spiritual things because as the Scripture says.... they are foolishness to him.

(1 Corinthians 2:14-15) . . .But a physical man does not receive the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot get to know [them], because they are examined spiritually. 15 However, the spiritual man examines indeed all things, . . .

I wonder how many have dabbled with Ouija boards on VT?

and when strange things happen or when someone else tells them weird things happen with the board do they dismiss them as retarded?

If you do not beleive in anything supernatural or spiritual then fine that is your choice. A physical man cannot understand spiritual things because as the Scripture says.... they are follishness to him.

(1 Corinthians 2:14-15) . . .But a physical man does not receive the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot get to know [them], because they are examined spiritually. 15 However, the spiritual man examines indeed all things, . . .

I've dabbled lots as a kid. **** all happened. You do realise Ouija boards are a parlour game invented specifically for fun right? Hasbro own the damn trademark on them for **** sake.

It was your religion that saw them, didn't like them and so made up a load of shit about them being a demonic seance instrument to summon the dead. Religion tends to do that with things it doesn't approve of.

Any and all supernatural associations have been thoroughly debunked. Your capacity to believe any old shit your religion tells you is staggering.