Ryan Air

Demitri_C

Wasn't that Air Force 1's only visit ? Went over Elmdon Park to watch that baby slip in through the fog. Smoothest landing I've ever seen.

Thought the odd PIA 747 rolled in (or used to ?)

A380-no problem with runway length, but possibly width, and a bit of work required on the taxiways/parking stand to handle them correctly. Regular A380 flights will be operating out of BHX by 2014 I would think.

Runway extension will be 2014.

New tower is well progressed , with construction looking like it will be completed by the end of the year. Another 18 months before it goes into service though, I believe.

The new hangar (the first for over 60 years!) will alo be complete by the end of the year.

It's all happening at BHX!

I really cannOt see the use for a380s at bhx with Manchester already offering the routes which bhx will do. Unless Thomson plan on buying a few for te cancun run.

Unless someone like continental plan on seriously cheap lax prices and a once a week flight I can't see them smashing nearly 600 seats a week.

Plus does the current setup at bhx have the capacity to see a passenger increase by over 1m passengers?

To be fair an on site rail station weighs heavily in their favour. If only this half arsed hs2 went near it (don't think it does).

The only high speed worth doing is a line from the north straight to LHR through brum via bhx an up to MAN then manchester. Anything north from that is serviced well by domestic flights.

BHX is in competition with both London and Manchester airports, they aim to steal Midlanders who uptil now have to travel 100 miles to get true international travel. The tourist attractions that are in the Midlands warrant a local International Airport.

The HS2 will only go Birmingham to london for at least 20 years, IMO.

I really cannOt see the use for a380s at bhx with Manchester already offering the routes which bhx will do. Unless Thomson plan on buying a few for te cancun run.

Emirates have a total of 90 A380s committed. They need to fly them somewhere, and BHX is one of their top destinations. It is not a case of if, but when.

Unless someone like continental plan on seriously cheap lax prices and a once a week flight I can't see them smashing nearly 600 seats a week.

You are confusing the A380 and LAX discussions. No way would there be a BHX-LAX direct, unless BHX becomes the 3rd London airport (something that Stansted might eventually manage if capacity issues continue)

Continental (now United) don't have A380 aircraft on order, and are unlikely to order any in the future.

Plus does the current setup at bhx have the capacity to see a passenger increase by over 1m passengers?

Easily. BHX currently handles about 8m and could get to 15m without creaking too badly.

Wasn't that Air Force 1's only visit ? Went over Elmdon Park to watch that baby slip in through the fog. Smoothest landing I've ever seen.

Thought the odd PIA 747 rolled in (or used to ?)

Air Force 1 came twice for the G8 summit, and then once more when Clinton was awarded an honorary doctorate at Warwick University (I think)

You're right about PIA. They used 747-300s via Copenhagen for a short period, just before their 747 fleet was banned from flying in Europe.

Â