Ryan Air

Demitri_C

how can they charge to go to the toilet or even worse not have any on board? surely that has to be illegal. if you need to pee then what? be very disgusting experience espically to those who have urological problems

We're just letting this slide then yeah?

Daily Mailitis

My thoughts exactly. One point is a myth and the other is either a misunderstanding or a deliberate dismissal of the article in the original post.

For once the Daily Mail can be let off the hook.

It is Ryanair who perpetuate bizarre rumours such as this, as they work on the theory that all publicity is good publicity. Michael O'Leary loves people to be talking about Ryanair.

Yeah, Ryanair do something controversial every summer to get their name in all the papers without having to pay a cent in advertising.

One summer it was standing "seats" on some flights. Another summer it was having to pay for the toilet or reducing the number of toilets etc and one year it was a plan to stop all check in luggage. I think the plan before this summer was to fly the planes with just one pilot.

They never actually do any of it, it's just for the free publicity.

how can they charge to go to the toilet or even worse not have any on board? surely that has to be illegal. if you need to pee then what? be very disgusting experience espically to those who have urological problems

We're just letting this slide then yeah?

Daily Mailitis

My thoughts exactly. One point is a myth and the other is either a misunderstanding or a deliberate dismissal of the article in the original post.

For once the Daily Mail can be let off the hook.

It is Ryanair who perpetuate bizarre rumours such as this, as they work on the theory that all publicity is good publicity. Michael O'Leary loves people to be talking about Ryanair.

Yeah that's fair enough. The reference to Daily Mail was more to do with how the OP had been misinterpreted to come to a false conclusion, rather than the origin of the rumours.

Bristol airport has to be the most ridiculous airport to get to.

Not from here...

And clearly the poster has never been to Prestwich Airport (unlike Elvis)

Spelling Nazi here.

One assumes you meant Prestwick Airport Bicks :P

Yep that's the one, the Glasgow Airport that is fookin miles away from Glasgow, it serves NOWHERE! very well

Bristol airport has to be the most ridiculous airport to get to.

Not from here...

And clearly the poster has never been to Prestwich Airport (unlike Elvis)

Spelling Nazi here.

One assumes you meant Prestwick Airport Bicks :P

Yep that's the one, the Glasgow Airport that is fookin miles away from Glasgow, it serves NOWHERE! very well

It serves me perfectly! I go over regularly to my brother who only lives about a half an hour drive from it and he lives in Glasgow! At least there's no traffic around it anyway! :lol:

I love my local airport (Leeds-Bradford). Five minutes from my house, but not in the flightpath, so no noise. Very, very handy for trips to Europe.

with possibly the worst, bumpiest runway in the UK

The BHX runway is like a roller coaster :)

Bristol if you travel from anywhere in the Midlands is an arse to get to.

you go round the city through a variety of suburbs. it is like getting to brimingham airport by only using B roads. heaven forbid if you try to get to BRS in rush hour. you'd need to give yourself an extra 2 hours I reckon.

at least BHX has the A45 and nearby M42 to get relatively close to it. I don't think there is any kind of major route into BRS from the Midlands.

I love my local airport (Leeds-Bradford). Five minutes from my house, but not in the flightpath, so no noise. Very, very handy for trips to Europe.

with possibly the worst, bumpiest runway in the UK

Yep. Highest airport in England, and a big dip in it. I love it!

While landing on Runway 14 at Leeds Bradford Airport the aircraft touched down just beyond the end of the marked touchdown zone with low autobrake selected. Manual wheel braking commenced shortly after mainwheel touchdown. At a groundspeed of around 70 kt the brakes ceased operating, for about 17 seconds. A pronounced dip in the runway surface initially prevented the pilots from seeing the runway end. When it became apparent to the commander that it would not be possible to stop before the end of the runway, he deliberately did not select alternate braking, as this would have caused loss of nosewheel steering, but instead used nosewheel steering to turn the aircraft sharply to the right. The aircraft skidded sideways and came to a halt with its nosewheels off the runway, shortly before the end of the paved surface and the start of a steep down slope.
Air Accidents Investigations Branch - Report No: 6/2007. Report on the accident to Airbus A320-211, registration JY-JAR at Leeds Bradford Airport on 18 May 2005

what is the point of the new extended runway?

it doesn't need A380s landing there or indeed (I don't think 747 can land there either).

And can the dreamliner already land there? not sure on that planes stopping distances.

Bmibaby seem to be doing better considering I heard rumours they were heading for bust about 12 months ago. Perhaps that was BMI.

it doesn't need A380s landing there or indeed (I don't think 747 can land there either).

Well there are no direct flights to the west coast of the US from BHX, which are usally on 747's, so I guess its not long enough for them to land/take-off.

Well there are no direct flights to the west coast of the US from BHX, which are usally on 747's, so I guess its not long enough for them to land/take-off.

there is no way a flight from BHX to LAX is going to fill a 747, unless the price is astonishingly awesome.

or they market the airport as Shakespeare Birmingham Airport.

plus the dreamliner can do that journey in one go (when other airlines get it).

surely the dreamliner can land on the current runway?

A380-no problem with runway length, but possibly width, and a bit of work required on the taxiways/parking stand to handle them correctly. Regular A380 flights will be operating out of BHX by 2014 I would think.

Runway extension will be 2014.

New tower is well progressed , with construction looking like it will be completed by the end of the year. Another 18 months before it goes into service though, I believe.

The new hangar (the first for over 60 years!) will alo be complete by the end of the year.

It's all happening at BHX!

Â